Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 04-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #11
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Charles Davis..Welcome to The Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
These basketball players are getting more and more attention these days. Not sure how much of a chance he'll have to make the team but u never know.
Are we sure he will stay a TE??
Old 04-30-2006, 04:56 PM   #12
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
But Omar Jacobs? Nice throwing technique. Did the Rooneys buy an arena team?
What you mean?

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:57 PM   #13
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Geesh... I just don't get it, but welcome to the Steelers, Charles.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:43 PM   #14
nwksteeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2304

This guy has good athleticism and plays faster than he times. TE's are becoming a major factor in the league now, he's a tough guy and can help.
nwksteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:33 PM   #15
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

The Steelers got more production out of the tight end position last year than they had in recent years with the emergence of rookie Heath Miller and they are hoping that continues in 2006.

A player who could add to that is fifth-round draft pick Charles Davis from Purdue.

Davis had Davis D78 receptions for 865 yards and four touchdowns while at Purdue. His most productive season was as a junior when he had 34 catches for 416 yards and three touchdowns.

"He has really made some play big plays as a receiver but he has had some blocking experience too and we think he has some potential as a blocker," said tight ends coach James Daniel. "He is a talent. He is someone that you can work with and hopefully he'll be a good player."

Davis knows that the Steelers are a running team. And when the ball does go in the air, the tight end isn't often the most-popular target. That is something that doesn't bother him as he is ready to take on whatever role is asked of him.

"I am excited for a new situation," said Davis. "Just to be able to move on to the next level is a great accomplishment in itself and to be part of a winning program. I am really excited.

"I will do whatever they need. I guess that is the only way I can describe it. I am humble, I am hungry and I am ready to go. I will play special teams if they need it. I will block, I will catch, I will run, I will wash dishes, it doesn't matter."

Davis is used to doing a little bit of everything. While at Purdue he didn't just play football, but spent a year on the basketball team.

"Coming out of high school, I was a pretty big recruit in some of the lower schools like the MAC schools, but in terms of bigger schools to play basketball, I wasn't," said Davis. "So I just went with football because it felt like it was my best bet.

"I was playing with them in the summer and I wasn't even really thinking of playing for them until one of the point guards went to Coach (Gene) Keady and suggested that I come out. He watched me in the summer and offered me a spot."

Davis was a natural for the hardwood court. He played one season under Gene Keady, a former Steelers draft pick as well. He didn't play his senior season, though, because he graduated in December with a degree in organization communications.

For now, though, he wants to do is communicating on the football field. Some have questioned his toughness, while at the same time others heralded his toughness.

"Everybody is entitled to their own opinion," said Davis. "When I get in there and play, I guess you can see the offense that we played and it was more of a finesse style. So you really didn't get to see what I was capable of in terms of a physical nature. When I get in there, I am going to prove I can play just like everybody else.

"I will show you when I get there (if I'm tough). One guy views me as one way, and another guy says this, I don't worry about it. I just go out there and play the best of my ability."

link: http://news.steelers.com/article/63864/
Old 05-19-2006, 03:17 PM   #16
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Maybe he is our future number 2 TE!
Old 05-19-2006, 08:31 PM   #17
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

Teresa Varley, of Steelers.com, reports Pittsburgh Steelers rookie TE Charles Davis is looking to make an impact in whatever role is asked of him. "I will do whatever they need. I guess that is the only way I can describe it," Davis said. "I am humble, I am hungry and I am ready to go. I will play special teams if they need it. I will block, I will catch, I will run, I will wash dishes, it doesn't matter."

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:59 PM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN
Teresa Varley, of Steelers.com, reports Pittsburgh Steelers rookie TE Charles Davis is looking to make an impact in whatever role is asked of him. "I will do whatever they need. I guess that is the only way I can describe it," Davis said. "I am humble, I am hungry and I am ready to go. I will play special teams if they need it. I will block, I will catch, I will run, I will wash dishes, it doesn't matter."
i never heard of him till draft day but im sure the steelers have scouted him sufficiently. i would love to look at him as the next a. gates. but the steelers paid j. tuman pretty good to retain him for this year. this pick could just give the steelers some leverage to cut tuman in a salary cap crunch in the next year or 2. (think of mike schneck, our long snapper being cut last year)

tuman, wilson, duce, and porter (i hope not) may be expendable after next season, saving a good deal of $$$
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote