Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-31-2012, 07:36 AM   #11
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: What? no Olympics thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgj View Post

I know the scoring for any event relying on "judges" has been suspect for years and the Japanese coaches "offering" cash along with their appeal smacks of something horribly wrong.

Did anyone else see that? Is THAT the way these events are judged??
actually that was the payment for the protest form to be filed - that part was normal

watching our crying sissy men's team crumble under the pressure and choke away any possible medal possibility right outta the gate was worse

It's up to the women now to get a gold tonight
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #12
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,808 Times in 2,684 Posts

Add British tabloid press + rumors of Chinese Olympics swimmer using PEDs + link from Drudge Report =

Forging of the Mandarin mermaid: How Chinese children are taken away from their families and brutalised into future Olympians

Ye Shiwen possesses that same masculine, almost wall-like figure; the same impossibly wide shoulders and huge, rounded thighs; the same armchair-leg calves.... Ye, though barely out of adolescence, appears androgynous....

Her mother insists she and her husband, a manual worker, had always impressed on her that ‘results are not important, but you should always enjoy the taking part’. One doubts she dares voice this opinion in the presence of her daughter’s coaches.

In swimming, as in most other Olympic sports, they enforce a regime so relentlessly harsh that it has been compared, by those few Western observers who have managed to penetrate the obsessive secrecy with which it is guarded, to that in some 19th-century prisons.

At seven she could already perform 20 chin-ups - an exercise beyond the capability of most fit adults. She swims every day for several hours - only getting a break when the pool ‘needs cleaning’ according to one of her coaches, Wei Wei.

She will also have been drilled remorselessly in the niceties that can make a difference in big competition: keeping a fixed facial expression, behaving impeccably in view of the judges, showing no weakness or pain. Her only consolation is that her diet will be far more nourishing than that of an ordinary Chinese teenager.

Food and legal supplements apart, though, the question gnaws away — is she being propelled by some other, more sinister fuel?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz22F3kryZS

Team Red China has no honor

Last edited by Atlanta Dan; 07-31-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #13
Fire Haley
Banned

U.S. gymnasts soar again with women's team gold medal

Recalling the triumph of 1996 in Atlanta, the U.S. women's gymnastics team wins the team gold medal at the London Olympics, beating second-place Russia by a whopping 5.066 points

Romania took the team bronze, and the defending champion Chinese were sobbing on the sidelines, a badly beaten fourth.

U.S. gymnasts (from left to right) Jordyn Wieber, Gabrielle Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Alexandra Raisman and Kyla Ross celebrate their gold-medal victory in the women's team competition at the London Olympic Games on Tuesday

http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympi...,3823006.story
Old 08-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Team China once again brings dishonor into play - this time tainting the great sport of badminton

Four doubles teams were disqualified from the London Games earlier in the day after trying to lose matches to receive a more favorable place in the tournament. The Badminton World Federation punished the eight players after investigating two teams from South Korea and one each from China and Indonesia. South Korea and Indonesia appealed, but China accepted the federation's decision.

Team China presumably accepted its disqualification since its tradition of cheating is well known to all, as explained below. Team China's cheating apparently gave South Korea and Indonesia no alternative to cheating as well.

[I]Before the decision was announced, Indonesia Olympic team leader Erick Thohir accused Chinese players of losing on purpose in the past.

"China has been doing this so many times and they never get sanctioned by the BWF," Thohir said. "On the first game yesterday when China did it, the BWF didn't do anything. If the BWF do something on the first game and they say you are disqualified, it is a warning for everyone."[/I]...

Beijing badminton silver medalist Gail Emms said the matches were embarrassing to watch.

"It was absolutely shocking," she said. "The crowds were booing and chanting 'Off, off, off.'
"

http://www.ajc.com/sports/skorean-ap...a-1488770.html

Team China should be told to leave the Olympics now - if only Roger Goodell ran the Olympics
Old 08-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #15
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,583 Posts
My Mood: Stressed

No! Dammit. That's a terrible idea. James Harrison will be broke in a month!

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #16
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,123 Times in 1,981 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Team China once again brings dishonor into play - this time tainting the great sport of badminton

[I]Four doubles teams were disqualified from the London Games earlier in the day after trying to lose matches to receive a more favorable place in the tournament.
Reminds me of the New England Patriots.

Quote:
Team China should be told to leave the Olympics now.
China should have been immediately ousted and banned or given some type of sanctions regarding future Olympic Games, but the Commie Chinese would probably have Olympic officials executed. Cheaters.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
[I]At seven she could already perform 20 chin-ups - an exercise beyond the capability of most fit adults. She swims every day for several hours - only getting a break when the pool ‘needs cleaning’ according to one of her coaches, Wei Wei.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz22F3kryZS

Team Red China has no honor
"we dont swim in your tolet so dont Wei Wei in our pool, please"???
Old 08-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #18
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Well here is one member of Team China who will soon be sleeping with the fishes

Disgraced Chinese badminton player QUITS the sport with bizarre message after being kicked out of the Olympics for deliberately trying to lose

One of the disgraced badminton players disqualified from the Olympic Games for deliberately throwing a match has revealed she is quitting the sport.

Chinese player Yu Yang was top seed in the women's doubles with her partner Wang Xiaoli. Today it was reported she announced her retirement on her micro-blog, bidding 'farewell' to the sport.

'This is my last game. Farewell Badminton World Federation. Farewell my dear badminton," she posted

And farewell to you cheater

A player from a non-cheating country confirms the arrogance and dishonesty of Team China

Petya Nedelcheva, a Bulgarian player who was on an adjacent court at the time of the first match, said Chinese players routinely tried to avoid playing each other.

She said: ‘China control everything. I don’t know who controlled the match to lose but if it is China again, they did it so many times last year – they didn’t play against each other in 20 matches. They do what they want.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Olympics.html
Old 08-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #19
Fire Haley
Banned

Olympic medal count: Women shine as US surges past China

It was a day worth celebrating as the US passed China in total medal count and caught them in gold, with gold medal performances by American women in four events

The US women were relentless Thursday. The women's eight rowing team won their event, Kayla Harrison took judo gold, Gabby Douglas beat the Russians in the women's gymnastics all-around, and swimmer Rebecca Soni set a new world record in the women's 200-meter breaststroke.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Olymp...ges-past-China
Old 08-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #20
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

so wrong but hilarious nontheless-

The Fake ESPN ‏@TheFakeESPN
Once track and field starts and the medal count shifts, China will appeal USA's use of performance enhancing black people

NBC goes all tape delay after Water Polo nip-slip, as majority of Water Polo viewers not really into boobs

After gold win, Chinese diver told grandparents died, mother has cancer. If she didn't win, would've only been told she has 3 days to live.

Cheating badminton players apologize for halfheartedly working the shuttlecock.

Olympic officials shut down the aquatic center finding too much of Lochte's shit in the water.

https://twitter.com/TheFakeESPN