Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #141
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Shooting at Batman movie

Quote:
Who judged and damned a billion people? Or one, for that matter?
Oh, please... you have stated in this very thread that you only hate terrorists and those aid and abet them, followed immediately by some third-grade level explanation of how Muslims fit that description, they've declared war on us, vowed our destruction, whatever. Which obviously excuses your bigotry completely. "I only hate terrorists; who could possibly object to that???"

If we want to go back and pick through the "New York Mosque" threads and such, we'd be sure to find all sorts of lovely sentiments from your keyboard. No one here is fooled. Maybe at the other forum, but not here.

Quote:
You give some people a title and they go all Politburo on you. Is the pressure of office wearing on you Ric? And you people went on about the previous SF administration being nazis.

Define "hate speech" in terms other than things you disagree with.
Thankfully, I have almost nothing to do here as a mod, other than ban spammers, so no, "the pressure of office" is not wearing on me, thank you very much. Furthermore, I enjoy disagreeing with you and others. It's fun. I assume it's fun for you as well.

What I do not enjoy is trying to engage people who insist on debasing themseves and others by using slurs in their arguments, be they racial, gender, ethnic, religious or what have you. I shouldn't have to tell a grown-up such as yourself that not only is it tasteless, not only is it against forum rules, but it strips bare you and your arguments, right down to desperate bigotry... you're weakening your own arguments. Lose the slurs.

There are terms we do not allow members to use in reference to women (except Mom, that is); there are terms we do not allow in reference to African-Americans, or towards Asians, Jews, etc., etc. The same applies to Muslims. There is a basic, low-level respect that you and all members here are obliged to show everyone else on these boards (whether they be fellow members or visitors).

And you will hopefully be able to set down your ego for a second - along with your thinly-veiled ad hominem attacks against me - to see that I am not asking you to edit your arguments, with which I do indeed strongly disagree. You can believe anything you want about anyone. I don't really care, and I'll surely enjoy debating it with you. Just lose the slurs. Edit them out on your own, or I will do it for you.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #142
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
And thats a good thing?
It a lot easier to control and silence an unarmed population.

Again it just as easy to find stats to make any point.

Britain is a country with stronger gun control laws than the United States, and lower murder rates. But Mexico, Russia and Brazil are also countries with stronger gun control laws than the United States -- and their murder rates are much higher than ours. Israel and Switzerland have even higher rates of gun ownership than the United States, and much lower murder rates than ours.

Even the British example does not stand up very well under scrutiny. The murder rate in New York has been several times that in London for more than two centuries -- and, for most of that time, neither place had strong gun control laws. New York had strong gun control laws years before London did, but New York still had several times the murder rate of London

Meanwhile, murder rates in the United States declined during the same years when murder rates in Britain were rising, which were also years when Americans were buying millions more guns per year.

The real problem, both in discussions of mass shootings and in discussions of gun control, is that too many people are too committed to a vision to allow mere facts to interfere with their beliefs, and the sense of superiority that those beliefs give them.

Any discussion of facts is futile when directed at such people. All anyone can do is warn others about the propaganda.
http://townhall.com/columnists/thoma...nda/page/full/

Truer words were never spoken.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=89852

Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #143
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
If we want to go back and pick through the "New York Mosque" threads and such, we'd be sure to find all sorts of lovely sentiments from your keyboard. No one here is fooled. Maybe at the other forum, but not here.
Y'know that titanic mosque thread was at the "other" forum. Mom had 151 posts. I had 114. You had 81.

My favorite pejorative was "My buddy is marketing mined prayer rugs. The prophets are going through the ceiling." Whudda freekin bigot.

The mosque thread here wasn't as lively. I only had 2 posts in that one.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Vincent; 08-06-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #144
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,051 Times in 2,140 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelboy84 View Post
Goodbye.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote