Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #11
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645
Default Re: Pat Kirwan- 5 Questions From Steelers Camp

To be honest, with Ben and all the weapons around him, I for one could care less if we run "more" or rank top 10 in the running game (although I won't complain about it either!) I just want us to be able to run when we want to or need to.
wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #12
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,426 Times in 7,362 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera176 View Post
To be honest, with Ben and all the weapons around him, I for one could care less if we run "more" or rank top 10 in the running game (although I won't complain about it either!) I just want us to be able to run when we want to or need to.
Exactly.  No one is advocating "running for running's sake."  But, when the Steelers HAVE to run (or SHOULD run), it would be nice to see a run play... executed well.  
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #13
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,372 Times in 2,278 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Exactly.  No one is advocating "running for running's sake."  But, when the Steelers HAVE to run (or SHOULD run), it would be nice to see a run play... executed well.  
yep. like 1st and goal on the 1 and not turning the ball over on downs, that'd be nice.

I used to have supreme confidence in this team to convert 3rd and short, but now, not so much. the fact that haley is even practicing running plays gives me some hope
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera176 View Post
Hey, the Giants won the superbowl and were dead last in the NFL in running the ball. I'm not saying that's the way to go, but as you said they won't even need to break the top 10 ten with the receiving weapons they have.

I suppose I was unfair to yinzer nation. Not everyone has their heads stuck in the past. I do however, get the sense there is a vocal minority that absolutely refuse to accept the game has changed to being more pass-oriented. The Ben haters that post here from time to time are an example of that type of thinking. In their minds, the Steelers are better without Ben because he only cares about his ego and padding his stats.

I guess I can understand why the Ben haters don't post here all that often. They must be too busy counting all those Lombardi trophies from the 90's.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #15
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,221 Times in 3,936 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Just as long as he doesn't call three consecutive bubble screens and/or call ONLY passing plays on EVERY short-yardage & MOST goal-line plays, us yinzers will be fine.  
Old 08-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #16
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
Has anyone heard how Sean Spence is doing havn't heard much out of him?
http://blog.steelers.com/2012/08/08/...from-the-vets/

Quote:
Learning from the vets
Posted by Teresa Varley on August 8, 2012 – 7:00 am

Rookie linebacker Sean Spence knows his game can’t be one dimensional in the NFL, and that is why he is making sure he follows the lead of fellow linebackers Larry Foote and Lawrence Timmons, picking up on the things that they do each day in practice to improve.
“When you come in as a linebacker you have to do both well, defend the pass and run,” said Spence. “I have been watching Foote and Timmons every day and just learn from those guys.”
And what has he picked up from the veterans?
“A lot,” said Spence. “I am learning technique and what to expect in certain situations and formations. Also going out there and playing fast and having fun.
“They know they are going to get me better, as long as I trust in their technique and do what I need to do, I will get better every day.”
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote