Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
67 calsteel
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: california
Posts: 152
Gender: Male
Member Number: 21936
Thanks: 3
Thanked 49 Times in 33 Posts
Default where is the fine!

I understand it is a preseason game but if are pushing player safety you have to fine roger-cromarte.You don't need time to study the tape is was clearly a illegal hit.Had it been a steelers player making the hit the fine would have been placed before we returned to pittsburgh.Get off your but Goodell.
67 calsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,733
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,661
Thanked 7,063 Times in 3,065 Posts
Default Re: where is the fine!

DRC said it was a perfectly legal football play. i guess thats good enough for goodell.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1629--nfl.html

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie thinks his dirty hit on Byron Leftwich was clean

I don't know if it falls under the category of denial, self-serving bias, lying to the media or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is really, really giving himself the benefit of the doubt, but he believes the following hit was perfectly clean, and that is goofy talk.

see link for vid.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,313
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 724
Thanked 2,163 Times in 1,262 Posts
Default Re: where is the fine!

typical.
probably because it happened against a steeler
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: where is the fine!





MEINE BESTELLUNGEN PER Als Kommissionsmitglied SIND ALLE STEELERS FREE GAME billig sein shotted! ALLE ANDEREN HEAD Serienaufnahmen werden in einer Geldstrafe, James Harrison FÜHREN!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: where is the fine!

I believe fines are typically handed out mid-week, so I expected he should be receiving notice tomorrow or thursday. I would be very surprised if he doesn't receive a fine.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,775
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,348
Thanked 3,684 Times in 1,651 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: where is the fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
I believe fines are typically handed out mid-week, so I expected he should be receiving notice tomorrow or thursday. I would be very surprised if he doesn't receive a fine.
Yep. On some occasions fines are handed out on a Tuesday, but most of the time it's mid week.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,377
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,001
Thanked 6,357 Times in 2,912 Posts
Default Re: where is the fine!

I think Rodgers-Cromartie gets teed up - Goodell could care less what the Steelers think but he does pay attention to big dogs in the media like Peter King

Goat of the Week

Philadelphia CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, for his irresponsible launching and shoulder/upper arm cheap shot of a defenseless Byron Leftwich, the Pittsburgh quarterback, in the preseason game at Philadelphia. Rodgers-Cromartie is in line for a significant fine -- maybe six figures. I think it's worthy of a suspension. That's one of the most egregious hits I've seen in the league in the last couple of years -- worse than James Harrison on Colt McCoy, because you could argue that Harrison thought McCoy was a runner when he lined him up to hit him. Rodgers-Cromartie launched himself in violation of a well-publicized rule, and then hit Leftwich in the head in violation of a well-publicized rule. Luckily, Leftwich walked away, seemingly fine. The next victim may not be so lucky
.


http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...12/mmqb/3.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: where is the fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I think Rodgers-Cromartie gets teed up - Goodell could care less what the Steelers think but he does pay attention to big dogs in the media like Peter King

Goat of the Week

Philadelphia CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, for his irresponsible launching and shoulder/upper arm cheap shot of a defenseless Byron Leftwich, the Pittsburgh quarterback, in the preseason game at Philadelphia. Rodgers-Cromartie is in line for a significant fine -- maybe six figures. I think it's worthy of a suspension. That's one of the most egregious hits I've seen in the league in the last couple of years -- worse than James Harrison on Colt McCoy, because you could argue that Harrison thought McCoy was a runner when he lined him up to hit him. Rodgers-Cromartie launched himself in violation of a well-publicized rule, and then hit Leftwich in the head in violation of a well-publicized rule. Luckily, Leftwich walked away, seemingly fine. The next victim may not be so lucky
.


http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...12/mmqb/3.html


NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!

Wie wagst du Frage Mein Autorität! James Harrison IST MEIN Sündenbock! Das ist ein Skandal! GET Feldmarschall KRAFT am Telefon! Die Steelers werden für diese OUTRAGE BEZAHLEN!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #9
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 302
Member Number: 18796
Thanks: 6
Thanked 124 Times in 69 Posts
Default Re: where is the fine!

"National Fuhrer League"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post


NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!

Wie wagst du Frage Mein Autorität! James Harrison IST MEIN Sündenbock! Das ist ein Skandal! GET Feldmarschall KRAFT am Telefon! Die Steelers werden für diese OUTRAGE BEZAHLEN!
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #10
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,397
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,069
Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,837 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: where is the fine!

hahahahahahaha, He's baaaaaaaaack lol

I would imagine you would have heard something from Harrison if he thought he wasn't getting fined
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts