Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-19-2006, 07:05 AM   #21
Santonio4
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2307
Default Re: Free Safety

In our style of defense we need hard hitters and that is what smith brings to the table. Our free safety is going to blitz. So we will see what happens.
Santonio4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:41 AM   #22
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Going by past articles posted on this site pertaining to Clark, he's no cupcake when it comes to laying down the boom. While I have heard good things about Smith, he's only a rookie drafted by a team with a complex defense. Let him sit back this season and learn the defense. Some quotes pertaining to Ryan Clark..........

Clark is a speedy and versatile player who excels in coverage on defense and is not afraid to come up and make a tackle on a running back.

Despite his humble beginnings in the NFL, Clark has emerged as a leader on the defense. While middle linebacker Lemar Marshall helps get the front seven make adjustments at the line of scrimmage, Clark often helps the secondary get in position before the snap.

Said Marcus Washington of the 5-11, 200-pound Clark: "Ryan thinks he's a linebacker out there. He thinks he's a lot bigger than he is. He's probably one of the hardest workers on the team. A lot of times, he stays late after practice, putting more film work in. He's definitely a leader out there."

"He's got a fire to him," end Renaldo Wynn said. "He's out there just blowing people up."

"A lot of people say I play with a chip on my shoulder," Clark said. "I don't have a chip. I'm in the NFL; there's no chip. I'm just excited to be playing, and excited to get the chance I've been given here. And I want to keep making the guys who gave me a chance look good, and the people who didn't look bad. I do relish that, but I've been proving people wrong for a long time."

"He has the mentality of the whole team," safeties coach Steve Jackson said. "He does whatever he's asked to do, he never complains about anything. He just goes out there and performs to the best of his ability. He's what you call a football player. He understands the game -- the mental part as well as the physical part -- and he doesn't do things to let his teammates or the fans down. He doesn't showboat. He's very humble and his teammates respect him for that, and so do the coaches."

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 05-19-2006 at 09:59 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:44 AM   #23
burgsville
Water Boy

Member Number: 2351

I'm going to agree with SlashSteel, Carter did not play too bad. He might have a shot at a spot. He has a bit of a nasty streak !
burgsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:10 PM   #24
nwksteeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2304

Clark should start the season as the starter with Smith if he picks up the defense fast enough playing in dime situations and special teams. Depth here is essential because we blitz alot.
nwksteeler is offline   Reply With Quote