Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #21
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: 19 people shot Thursday afternoon, Friday morning

Training or no training, the real reason to ban guns is that they are specifically designed to kill people. This is why you can't own F-18s or nuclear missiles. Killing should be very difficult, not easy... not for you or I, and certainly not for the cops.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #22
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts

Chicago hip-hop war of words turns violent

Chicago’s hip-hop community is in a war of words that has escalated into violence, with the shooting death of a teenage rapper.

Tuesday was another night, another homicide in a year in which hundreds of Chicagoans have been gunned down; the murder rate for the year’s first half is up an alarming 38 percent over last year. This time the victim was Joseph Coleman (18-year-old rapper Lil Jojo). The bicycle-riding teen was slain by a drive-by shooter in his South Side Englewood neighborhood

His death starkly punctuated a gang-related war of words and music between Jojo and rapper Lil Reese, associated with the biggest new star in Chicago hip-hop, Chief Keef. Jojo recently released a song on-line, “3hunna K” that mocked Reese, Keef and their “300 squad,” which is associated with a street gang.

Keef took to his Twitter account Wednesday to respond to Jojo’s death: “It’s sad cus … Jojo wanted to be just like us #LMAO”. Chicago police are reportedly investigating a possible connection between the comments and Jojo’s death.

On Wednesday, Keef went after another Chicago hip-hop artist, Lupe Fiasco, on Twitter. He called Fiasco a “hoe” among other epithets and vowed that when “I see him (I’ll) smack him.”

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,539413.column

--------------------

Maybe they need more midnight basketball leagues.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #23
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Training or no training, the real reason to ban guns is that they are specifically designed to kill people. This is why you can't own F-18s or nuclear missiles. Killing should be very difficult, not easy... not for you or I, and certainly not for the cops.
it's funny because Chicago is one of the hardest places to own a firearm. so with that known gun control has been proven once again to not work

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #24
ricardisimo
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL View Post
it's funny because Chicago is one of the hardest places to own a firearm. so with that known gun control has been proven once again to not work
On what planet is this true? Firstly, it's not hard to own a gun anywhere in the United States. That said, although there is a "complete" ban on fully automated weapons in the state of Illinois, there is no "assault weapons law" [which sounds oxymoronic, but whatever] and there are almost no other restrictions.

Quote:
The city of Chicago requires residents to complete a firearm safety course, receive a background check including fingerprinting, and then pay a $100 permit fee which is renewed every three years. Registration of any handgun will assume an additional one time fee of $15.00.
That's it. That's difficult? For a lethal weapon? For the right to kill another human being? Give me a break.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #25
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,395 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
On what planet is this true? Firstly, it's not hard to own a gun anywhere in the United States. That said, although there is a "complete" ban on fully automated weapons in the state of Illinois, there is no "assault weapons law" [which sounds oxymoronic, but whatever] and there are almost no other restrictions.

That's it. That's difficult? For a lethal weapon? For the right to kill another human being? Give me a break.
It's true on our planet. The reason it's not hard to "own" a gun anywhere in the US is because of the black market, ease of homemade weapons. That's how criminals get guns.

Here's the real laws in Illinois:"Illinois does not issue licenses for the concealed carry of firearms, nor does it recognize licenses issued by other states. Illinois is the only state that does not allow concealed carry in some form. Open carry is also prohibited in most areas. When a firearm is being transported, it must be unloaded and enclosed in a case."

"To legally possess firearms or ammunition, Illinois residents must have a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card, issued by the state police. Non-residents who may legally possess firearms in their home state are exempt from this requirement. There is a waiting period to take possession after purchasing a firearm — 72 hours for a handgun, or 24 hours for a rifle or shotgun. Private sales are allowed, and are subject to these same requirements. Possession of automatic firearms, short-barreled shotguns, or short-barreled rifles is prohibited.
Illinois does not have state preemption for gun laws, and some local governments have enacted ordinances that are more restrictive than those of the state."

There is no oxymoron in the ban of fully automatic weapons but allowance of assault weapons. Assault weapons is a political term (not a definition) used to describe the different semi-automatic weapons that were banned by the Federal Assault Weapons Ban.

There are a couple other things you forgot to mention about Chicago:"In Chicago, gun owners are required to have a Chicago firearm owner's permit, which costs $100 and must be renewed every three years. Before getting the permit, the resident must complete a training course that includes at least four hours of classroom training and one hour of range time. Each gun must be registered with the city, and the registration must be renewed every year, at a cost of $15 per gun. Gun possession is permitted only inside a dwelling, not in a garage or on the outside grounds of the property. Only one gun at a time may be kept in a usable state."

"Highland Park bars handgun possession unless the resident has obtained a permit from the Highland Park Police. The permit must be renewed every year, and the resident must attend a gun safety and training session, given by the police, every three years."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_law...on_of_handguns

Lastly, owning a gun legally, despite popular belief, DOES NOT give you the right to kill another human. It gives you the ability to be able to defend yourself. The criminals who kill people, most often (not always but usually) are people who do not purchase and keep guns legally.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #26
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,303 Times in 1,298 Posts

Quote:
Really? And all this time I was hunting deer with a deer rifle or out duck, goose hunting with a shotgun I should have been out hunting people.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #27
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Really? And all this time I was hunting deer with a deer rifle or out duck, goose hunting with a shotgun I should have been out hunting people.
If you ever run into a flock, its great to have one of these...

[YOUTUBE]M29ewKBjCf8[/YOUTUBE]

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #28
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,303 Times in 1,298 Posts

I figured I'd use my 10ga.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:43 AM   #29
ricardisimo
Administrator

Mom, none of those things are difficult. Taking a few tests to prove you're not (yet) a violent felon felon with a record is cake, and paying $100 every three years maybe excludes most homeless people, which might be a shame if you're a communist, I guess.

And guns are not defensive weapons anymore than ICBMs are. MAD doesn't work on a personal level any better than between superpowers. When guns can stop a bullet in mid-air I'll reconsider.

I think I did see a spaghetti western once where someone shot a bullet out of harm's way.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #30
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,395 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Mom, none of those things are difficult. Taking a few tests to prove you're not (yet) a violent felon felon with a record is cake, and paying $100 every three years maybe excludes most homeless people, which might be a shame if you're a communist, I guess.

And guns are not defensive weapons anymore than ICBMs are. MAD doesn't work on a personal level any better than between superpowers. When guns can stop a bullet in mid-air I'll reconsider.

I think I did see a spaghetti western once where someone shot a bullet out of harm's way.
They actually are difficult though, to obtain legally in Illinois. Why do you think legal gun owners make such a fuss there? And in D.C.? They are literally a couple of the hardest places to own a handgun, let alone get a carry permit. Maybe you missed the part where you have to be licensed by the state police first, and then in most cases your county police. Next, what they don't tell you on wikipedia, is that when they say you have to take the classes, you can only take them at certain licensed facilities. Guess what? There sometimes aren't any within city limits, you can literally have to drive for an hour or two, depending on where you live. Why does that matter? Because in Chicago and D.C, before getting a permit to own, let alone carry a firearm, you have to be able to transport a firearm to one of those facilities to take a test...you can only do that if you have a permit. See the problem here? Also, in some areas, you have to be someone who is legally permitted to own a firearm to take the classes. Quite the conundrum, right? Sounds retarded, even for someone who is against guns. But that's why it's so hard to own guns in those areas. They put those silly little loopholes in there.

It is possible, I honestly can't remember the way this lady explained it...but it involved quite a bit of paperwork and extra money and time. She said most people just give up within the first year of trying. You'd think they'd be the safest places on earth though, with how hard it is to legally obtain a gun.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote