Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #11
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,517 Times in 3,750 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Blames The Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Ravens will blame the refs no matter who is out there. Scabs or the Pro guys.
It is a mindset extending throughout Charm City that everyone is out to get Baltimore

This column in the Baltimore Sun today is bit**ing about the Ravens not getting Jim Nantz & Phil Simms every week while having to settle for the # 2 team of Gumberl & Dierdorf for Ravens games - boo hoo

And why does Baltimore often get the second-string production team? Because it is not one of the nation's Top 20 markets in size.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertai...,5890777.story

That must be it since we all know there is no NFL game more compelling every week than the Ravens game
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
It is a mindset extending throughout Charm City that everyone is out to get Baltimore

This column in the Baltimore Sun today is bit**ing about the Ravens not getting Jim Nantz & Phil Simms every week while having to settle for the # 2 team of Gumberl & Dierdorf for Ravens games - boo hoo

And why does Baltimore often get the second-string production team? Because it is not one of the nation's Top 20 markets in size.

That must be it since we all know there is no NFL game more compelling every week than the Ravens game
What are they babbling about? They got the first MNF game of the year. Besides Simms and Nantz aren't that good anyhow IMO.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,310 Times in 2,985 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:

Dan, do you see Ravens stickers in Atl? Here in SC it's Steelers followed by Panthers, Dallas and GB. I have never seen a Raven's bumpersticker here.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #14
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Dan, do you see Ravens stickers in Atl? Here in SC it's Steelers followed by Panthers, Dallas and GB. I have never seen a Raven's bumpersticker here.
When I used to live in SC, we often watched Steelers games at a bar named "Pittsburgh by the Sea". Another place called Oscars frequently painted the building Black and Gold for the playoffs. I've never seen a bar called "Baltimore by the Sea".
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #15
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,517 Times in 3,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Steelers seem to be the most prevelant non-Falcons license plate frame/sticker in Atlanta, although I usually pay attention when I see those. Cowboys & Packers appear from time to time with a few Saints stickers (I even saw a Bengals license plate frame on a Mercedes SL 550 once during the offseason and wondered if the car was being driven by a Bengals player). I can never recall seeing Ravens tags on a vehicle in Atlanta

The continuing appeal of the Cowboys outside of Dallas shows Jerry Jones is pretty good at marketing a myth that has not won anything significant since the mid-1990s

My test of nationwide appeal is the fans that show up for road games - when I have attended Steelers and Cowboys games in Atlanta the crowd has been 25 - 33% Steelers & Cowboys fans - when I went to the Ravens-Falcons regular season Thurdsday night game here there were few Ravens fans
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #16
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain5643 View Post
Yep, pretty much. Because Flacco is suppost to be an "elite" QB, but hes the same thing hes always been, a choker
He's not a choker. Being a Choker is when you're top-tier in your position and still can't get it done.

Bert is nowhere near a top-tier QB. He's a good, solid guy, but too inconsistent to be elite, and the big knock on him is that he doesn't make the Ravens Offense better.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #17
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
LOL... The refs handed them game after game last year. They don't know what to do without the aid of all the BS calls like they received last year.
Yeah that is true. Pittsburgh deserved to win the second game last year. Torrie Smith clearly pushed off to catch the final td. That would have meant Steelers had home field, wouldn't have gone to Denver where Clark couldn't play etc.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #18
KManX89
Water Boy

Member Number: 24330

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Yeah that is true. Pittsburgh deserved to win the second game last year. Torrie Smith clearly pushed off to catch the final td. That would have meant Steelers had home field, wouldn't have gone to Denver where Clark couldn't play etc.
I remember that... LMAO, that push off was VERY Roddy White-lite.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #19
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,461 Times in 3,546 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain5643 View Post
Yep, pretty much. Because Flacco is suppost to be an "elite" QB, but hes the same thing hes always been, a choker
he relied on bullshit PI calls the entire year last season. they should have been 11-5
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #20
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
My test of nationwide appeal is the fans that show up for road games - when I have attended Steelers and Cowboys games in Atlanta the crowd has been 25 - 33% Steelers & Cowboys fans - when I went to the Ravens-Falcons regular season Thurdsday night game here there were few Ravens fans
2 years ago, Pittsburgh played in Tampa, and the following day here in central Florida, sports-radio shows were inundated with calls, complaining how the place 'looked-like a Steeler home-game'

a friend I'd met 3 years earlier, a Buc-fan of 30 years, told me about what he'd seen, and I simply replied 'I've been tryin' to tell ya... ya just don't UNDERSTAND how fans are in Pixberk!!!'