Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,063 Times in 3,065 Posts
Default Random Week 2 Thoughts

If i was in vegas I wouldve taken every dime i brought to vacation with and placed it on the Patriots, no matter how big the point spread was. in fact, if I had millions to blow like floyd mayweather jr. i woulda dropped a cool million like it was nothing. i thought this was the most sure bet in the past 5 years. i woulda been crying by halftime.

the cardinals have won 9 of their last 11 games. ray horton is proving to be one hell of a coordinator., and it looks like lebeaus defensive scheme is startting to catch up to belichicks offense.

RGIII is going to be fun to watch for years to come. like mike vick w/o the appearant frustrations (with reads) and jail sentence.

no defensive player has been jacked up by a small receiver like sean lee since hines ward broke rivers jaw. ironic that golden tate was so strongly compared to hines ward by steelerfans coming out of notre dame. we settled for mike wallace.

cam newton has the smallest ears to ever grow on a full sized man. he looks exactly like shrek. a skinny, nice toothed having, brown skinned shrek.

eli manning throws one hell of a ball. i believe he is elite.

i wanna punch deion sanders and snuff cigarettes out in my ears everytime i hear him sing "i believe in eli" or CAAAAAAAM. he sounds like such an attention whoring idiot bug i guess enough people like it for the network and his producers to put up with that shit.

was suprised to see chris rose on the nfl network wrap up show, and glad to see bill cowher replace warren sapp on "inside the nfl".

did the titans even play yesterday? i dont think i saw a single highlight, but heard chris johnson followed up his 4 yard effort from last week with 13 yards on the ground this week. 200% improvement!

reggie bush carried over 25 times and had 170+ yards. will we ever know wether it is him or mario williams who was the bust in that draft? vince young says he shoulda gone #1.

ravens, tampa bay, and washington had no business losing.

BAL vs PHI & DET vs SF were incredibly boring games to watch. DEN vs ATL has that old school MNF marquis match-up of the week feel to it. im looking forward to watching manning w/o a biassed eye and hatred for the broncos (even though the broncos remind me of puke). ATL lost their starting CB this week for the year and bring in ashanti samuel to replace him in the line up. if you listen to this board, ike taylor couldnt start for ATL, DEN, or any other team for that matter...
Old 09-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Re: Random Week 2 Thoughts

Losing Hernandez in the 1st quarter was obviously a huge blow to our offense and is probably more for us than losing just one great player. Chances are it throws our offensive play book right out the window

I don't know if you watched the game but it looked like a preseason experiment, If Belichick has such great faith in McDaniels than so do I but someone needs to let him know the games count now.

He obviously wants Lloyd to be our #1 receiver yet when Brady went into the 2 minute drill (and actually started moving the ball) I don't think he went to Lloyd once. Welker also didn't take many snaps (we don't know what's going on with this!) so wasn't a big part of the game plan, yet Brady still went for him nine times. Everytime he was on the field, whatever the game plan was, Brady looked for him.

I feel like McDaniels has (had) a vision for this offense and he's planning on implementing it come hell or high water, even at the expense of early season offensive production. I don't know what Hernandez going down does to that but it's obviously big.

My real complaint is how conservatively we played. The Patriots don't play good football when they play to not lose. They play great football when they play to humiliate.

This is not the way I wanted to go to Baltimore next week.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,357 Times in 2,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

BAL vs PHI & DET vs SF were incredibly boring games to watch. DEN vs ATL has that old school MNF marquis match-up of the week feel to it. im looking forward to watching manning w/o a biassed eye and hatred for the broncos (even though the broncos remind me of puke). ATL lost their starting CB this week for the year and bring in ashanti samuel to replace him in the line up. if you listen to this board, ike taylor couldnt start for ATL, DEN, or any other team for that matter...
Atlanta is jacked up for the game tonight - Falcons have a history since 2008 of not only crashing in the playoffs but on high profile Sunday/Monday night games so the pressure is on - could be Julio Jones time to step out on the national stage

I thought Eagles-Ravens was a very interesting game when the replacement refs were not holding committee meetings, especially while I was trying to get the start of Steelers-Jets on my I-Pad through Sunday Ticket (since I could not get the start of the Steelers game on the blacked out Sunday Ticket 700 channel since the game was on the local CBS channel) while watching the last 5 minutes of Ravens-Eagles on that local channel - telecom technology is a wonderful thing
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

I don't think Denver has any hope tonight of winning. They barely beat you guys with a lot of your star players out of the game and they barely did this in their own house.
In other words, I think they got lucky.

Denver isn't horrible but they'll get exposed as the season goes on as over rated and not a real threatening contender.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
tony hipchest

i didnt watch the pats game but it was the main game i was following on nfl.com (since i like the cardinals, and like watching the patriots if theyre losing and strugglin).

i watched balt. phil. i like philly so it was a rather entertaining game somewhat, but watching baltimore makes my blood boil.

i think the patriots season gameplan was to keep welker under wraps, get teams focused on their TE's and try to unleash welker on an unsuspecting victim. you know, the kind of trickery the bonehead bruce arians thought he could always pull off.

but i wouldnt put it past them to be sending him a "we dont need you" message either to drive down his future asking price. either way, they are gonna have to lean on him alot more going forward. curious to hear how william gay and donte hightower looked...
Old 09-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,357 Times in 2,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Losing Hernandez in the 1st quarter was obviously a huge blow to our offense and is probably more for us than losing just one great player. Chances are it throws our offensive play book right out the window

I don't know if you watched the game but it looked like a preseason experiment, If Belichick has such great faith in McDaniels than so do I but someone needs to let him know the games count now.

He obviously wants Lloyd to be our #1 receiver yet when Brady went into the 2 minute drill (and actually started moving the ball) I don't think he went to Lloyd once. Welker also didn't take many snaps (we don't know what's going on with this!) so wasn't a big part of the game plan, yet Brady still went for him nine times. Everytime he was on the field, whatever the game plan was, Brady looked for him.

I feel like McDaniels has (had) a vision for this offense and he's planning on implementing it come hell or high water, even at the expense of early season offensive production. I don't know what Hernandez going down does to that but it's obviously big.

My real complaint is how conservatively we played. The Patriots don't play good football when they play to not lose. They play great football when they play to humiliate.

This is not the way I wanted to go to Baltimore next week.
FYI is a link to a story on how Belichick has gone to a 2 tight end offense and Welker's apparently diminished role because of it

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/18/sp...tml?ref=sports

With regard to Welker, the Steelers can be cold blooded about letting vets (other than Aaron Smith) go when their usefulness is up, but no organization is as cold as the Patriots are in cutting vets loose (I say that as a compliment - it's a business). While Welker probbaly will have a bigger role while Hernandez recovers, it looks like Welker will be somewhere else in 2013.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i didnt watch the pats game but it was the main game i was following on nfl.com (since i like the cardinals, and like watching the patriots if theyre losing and strugglin).

i watched balt. phil. i like philly so it was a rather entertaining game somewhat, but watching baltimore makes my blood boil.

i think the patriots season gameplan was to keep welker under wraps, get teams focused on their TE's and try to unleash welker on an unsuspecting victim. you know, the kind of trickery the bonehead bruce arians thought he could always pull off.

but i wouldnt put it past them to be sending him a "we dont need you" message either to drive down his future asking price. either way, they are gonna have to lean on him alot more going forward. curious to hear how william gay and donte hightower looked...
They looked good but the real story, IMO, is Jones.
Jones is one of those guys the Steelers would of/should of loved to get. This guy was all over the quarterback. If he wasn't being held (FU replacement officials) he was getting through the offensive line in 3 seconds flat and chasing the quarterback all over the place. This guy is a game changer for the NE defense which just looks like a totally different animal this season. Watching him play, it's really hard to believe he's a rookie in his 2nd NFL game.

Defense played a great game, and if the offense played an equally great game, it would of been a blow out.

Arizona's coverage was pretty solid so I imagine Gay did well. I remember he broke up a pass to Welker that would of been big. Patriots offense really struggled until they went into 2 minute drill and then they started rolling but it was too little too late.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

I wanted to watch the Jets/Steelers game but I was too depressed for football after 4..
I caught bits and pieces, but did the Jets look as pathetic as I imagined they would against a real football team?
Old 09-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #10
tony hipchest

more pathetic than imaginable. sanchez, greene, and holmes got hit so hard it was obvious the rest of the team felt it and just wanted to go home w/o getting killed.

between the jets being piss poor on offense, and the refs slowing down the game on what seemed to be every single play, it was a brutal game to watch if you werent a steelers fan. the ONLY way the jets could move the ball for some reason was tebow sneaking it for 2 plays or PI calls.