Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 09-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448
Default young $ crew should take a lesson from heath

Run your route, catch the ball, line up and do it again. Heath showed why he is one of myfavs this week. He made the tough catches look easy and didn't act like each first down catch was the super bowl game winning catch. I love how he just tosses the football back to the ref after he scores. To me that is the best end zone celebration.

This trying to be badass attitude the $ crew is doing lately is getting old. It's Wallace who started this crap last year and all it did was take him out of games. Show some class and be tough on the field like hines. Recievers like Wallace and brown are like santonio and burress who I couldn't stand by the time they left. I hate to see these young recievers follow in their footsteps.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513
Default Re: young $ crew should take a lesson from heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
Run your route, catch the ball, line up and do it again. Heath showed why he is one of myfavs this week. He made the tough catches look easy and didn't act like each first down catch was the super bowl game winning catch. I love how he just tosses the football back to the ref after he scores. To me that is the best end zone celebration.

This trying to be badass attitude the $ crew is doing lately is getting old. It's Wallace who started this crap last year and all it did was take him out of games. Show some class and be tough on the field like hines. Recievers like Wallace and brown are like santonio and burress who I couldn't stand by the time they left. I hate to see these young recievers follow in their footsteps.
Sad you feel that way but to each his own. This $ crew you speak of adds much value to our team and for you to ostricize them says a lot about you. If we were all were cookie cutter, we would not be human.

You need to pipe down your seemingly racist rant.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Cut em some slack, its not like Hines did not come up chippy at times, besides they are still young Heath is a little longer in the tooth and he is just conserving his strength.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,967 Times in 3,516 Posts

Quote:

Heath = Harrison (do your job and go on to next play); Young $$ = Woodley/Foote (do your job/do your act/only then go on to next play)

I can do without the pantomime after a play but it is part of the performance art that goes with today's game - to each his own
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #5
finesward
Team Captain

Lol racist? Sad you took it that way. Had nothing to do with appearance but their attitudes. That attitude has led other valuable recievers to be let go from this team. I'm all about being chippy, but back it up by your play not this after the whistle crap.

They are young and sometimes youth needs to be reined in by the elders. Thus the title of the thread. Sorry you took it as racist but what does that say about you?

Dan I guess that's why I like Harrison over woodley and heath over the young guys. To me that's steeler football. To me its a style of play that does its act or dance during the play not after. A sack dance is acceptable now and then because they don't happen often. But catching the ball and then acting like its a huge deal is kinda pathetic. These guys are acting like desean Jackson who I personally can't stand watching. When you start taunting the defense they win. You are now focused on them rather than your job and that levels the playing field.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,871 Times in 2,906 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

hines celebrated more than any of the young money crew after making first down catches, nobody seemed to care if he did.

if it fires up the team, I'm all about the celebrations. hines used to get this offense pumped. brown's intensity also seemed to lift the team.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Lol racist? Sad you took it that way. Had nothing to do with appearance but their attitudes. That attitude has led other valuable recievers to be let go from this team. I'm all about being choppy, but back it up by your play not this after the whistle crap.

They are young and sometimes youth needs to be reined in by the elders. Thus the title of the thread. Sorry you took it as racist but what does that say about you?
I took it the way you presented it. I've been around a long time and the term young $ crew in the context you used, speaks volumes to me.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
finesward
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
I took it the way you presented it. I've been around a long time and the term young $ crew in the context you used, speaks volumes to me.
If you've been around as long as you say you have you'll know that's what they call themselves.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #9
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669

I'm pretty sure when Wallace had that great TD catch he just walked up the sideline back to the bench. I didn't see him do much of anything, and it was probably the best catch in the entire NFL yesterday. As long as they don't draw celebration penalties or do something to delay a no-huddle offense, I don't see the issue. At the same time, I love the way Heath goes about his business too.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
If you've been around as long as you say you have you'll know that's what they call themselves.
I'm very familiar with that but I don't think you meant it the way they did. Young money, old money and large money are all positives according to them.