Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #41
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,137 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Suishams attitude .

But hey, granted this thread is two years old, it isn't about his clutch-kicking as much as it is his attitude. I AM impressed with his attitude, and always have been. I just hope his kicking gives me a reason to put some confidence in him as a clutch-kicker.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #42
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,544 Times in 5,963 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Down by four, and our pass-defense wasn't looking good against the Rodgers offense at that point. I think he should have at least got the kick somewhere in the same zip-code as the goal posts.
that was one of the worst kicks I have ever seen from an NFL kicker...
Old 09-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #43
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,137 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
that was one of the worst kicks I have ever seen from an NFL kicker...
[YOUTUBE]vztrvkvPFHU[/YOUTUBE]

He's had his fair share...

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #44
lipps83
Head Coach

Member Number: 17725

I think that Justin Tucker is going to be a good kicker for the Ravens for years. Why can't we ever seem to find a solid kicker to keep around for a while. Last we had was Gary Anderson.
lipps83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #45
Sleeper/54
Water Boy

Member Number: 17449

.... from Wallaceburg News,

Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Shaun Suisham was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for kicking the game-winning 34-yard field goal to beat the Eagles as time expired on Oct. 7.

Suisham, a native of Wallaceburg, was named the NFC special teams player of the week in 2007 when he was a member of the Washington Redskins.

Suisham was 3-for-3 (20, 34, 34) on field goals in the 16-14 victory over the Eagles. His final field goal was the fifth game-winner of his eight-year NFL career.

Suisham has been perfect so far this season, making all eight of his field goals this season.

.... GO BURGER !!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1297322646519_ORIGINAL.jpg (52.9 KB, 5 views)
Sleeper/54 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sleeper/54 For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (10-11-2012)
Old 10-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #46
BowCatShot
Banned

Member Number: 24236

"Besides his questionable white skin colored blazers"

What does that mean?
BowCatShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #47
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Suisham is the most accurate kicker in Steelers history after going 3 for 3 in the last game. He's also made his last 13 straight field goals including the postseason.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #48
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel-Bryan View Post
I think his attitude has a big part of why hes kicking so well compared to reed. He was jobless, and now hes part of a team, and hes kicking because he knows what it feels like to be jobless and not take anything for granted. Unlike reed, who looked as if he didnt give a crap about anything. anyone agree ?

Amen. He has been very much underrated this season. I love his attitude - he's got a great sense of work ethic and humbleness about him, and an idea of his importance when it comes to his his place the team - which are traits that Reed was lacking in. Suisham is also very comfortable with this team - his accuracy is a reflection of this. He's been perfect this season - and did his part in slapping a W on last weeks game.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #49
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWitmyer View Post
His attitude was the first thing I took notice of - 1st impressions are important. I'm sure the front office took notice of it, too and, while his kicking may have impressed them as well, his attitude probably had a lot to do with why they ultimately decided to give the kid a chance.

And I totally. Towards the end, Reed was taking his position for granted. And there seemed to be a direct correlation between the amount of money Reed thought he deserved vs his actual level of play. I firmly believe that his decline was not so much a result of his age or physical decay, but rather his mind. Fueled by narcissism, I think his drive for money got the best of him. After spending the off-season complaining about his contract and (unbelievably) a Steelers organization that had gone out of its way to keep him (as a franchise kicker no less). Driven by this sense of entitlement and blinded by ego, I think Reed must have truly believed he was the best the Steelers could ever hope for and that his job was as secure as Tom Brady's.

It's funny sometimes how quickly things can change. Jeff's delusions of grandeur were badly exposed and his cringe-worthy excuses were the final blow. By comparison, Suisham is such a breath of fresh air. His accuracy has been exceptional (so far), but beyond that, it's nice to see a kicker who values his job. He's confident without being egotistical. And he just seems like an all around nice guy.
Oh wow - I just realized how old this thread was - and I hell, I already POSTED in it on 12-06-2010, 01:13 AM - May as well quote myself and see how it fits in with my present opinion of him.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #50
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

In regards to this loss against the Titans.......I kind of feel bad that they had to rely on Suisham to win after the offense already relied on him so much and from so far this game (and season) already. He'd already just kicked a 52 yarder - yet they ask him to go ahead with a 54 yarder - which I think was essentially a less than 50-50 proposition. If they wanted to play the game risky like that in closing moment, they should have either just gone for it on 4th down or punted it. Why the coaches put any faith on our defense, on the road, and - let's just assume that Suisham was "due" or perhaps even fated to miss this one after making so many - had the D come through, chances are, it would have only amounted to an OT game even if they HAD managed to hold the Titans back...is beyond me.

Very poor play calling in the end. We're letting teams hang on for way WAY too long. The difference between a W or an L shouldn't come down to a field goal nearly every single game, and yet, as we begin to enter mid-season, that seems to have become the Steelers MO.