Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #21
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,822 Times in 2,690 Posts
Default Re: The Romney Tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Instead of being outraged that Romney said 47% don't pay federal income taxes, be outraged that 47% don't pay federal income taxes.
Agreed - I am tired of 80 year olds that live off Social Security not paying their fair share

But contrary to popular myth the non-federal income taxpayers are not just welfare moms waiting for their next check that they will spend on wine and crack rather than birth control as they have yet another kid out of wedlock from yet another deadbeat dad who also is not paying income taxes'

When Romney talks about the people who don't pay taxes and tries to make you believe that 47 percent of us are moochers living off the system, it's important to recognize that the people who don't pay federal income taxes are mostly the elderly and students. And notice how narrow the category is -- it's only federal income taxes -- but there are lots of other types of taxes. When all things are considered, "nearly 100 percent of Americans pay taxes in some way, shape or form":

Incorporating the additional—and significant—other forms of taxation into our calculation leads to the conclusion that nearly 100 percent of Americans pay taxes in some way, shape or form. All consumers bear the burden of state and local property, sales, and income taxes, as well as excise taxes on items like gasoline, alcohol, or cigarettes. These other taxes tend to be regressive, imposing more of a burden on low-income families than on high-income families—the state and local tax burden is over twice as large as the federal tax burden for the bottom fifth of household

http://economistsview.typepad.com/ec...-students.html

Moreover, low-income households as a group do, in fact, pay federal taxes. Congressional Budget Office data show that the poorest fifth of households paid an average of 4.0 percent of their incomes in federal taxes in 2007, the latest year for which these data are available — not an insignificant amount given how modest these households’ incomes are; the poorest fifth of households had average income of $18,400 in 2007.[6] The next-to-the bottom fifth — those with incomes between $20,500 and $34,300 in 2007 — paid an average of 10.6 percent of their incomes in federal taxes. ...

When all federal, state, and local taxes are taken into account, the bottom fifth of households pays about 16 percent of their incomes in taxes, on average. The second-poorest fifth pays about 21 percent

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3505

Being poor is great - I wish I was such a lucky ducky
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,216 Times in 2,675 Posts

why is it the richest of republicans that have "wallet envy"?

probably to deflect attention from the dick in their trousers they wanna **** the masses with.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #23
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,822 Times in 2,690 Posts

At last someone has dispensed with speaking in code

[youtube]cvLeQbwuKys[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/cvLeQbwuKys

Last edited by Atlanta Dan; 09-18-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,216 Times in 2,675 Posts

so wrong....
Old 09-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #25
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,199 Times in 2,157 Posts
My Mood: Innocent

Quote:
Instead of being outraged that Romney said 47% don't pay federal income taxes, be outraged that 47% don't pay federal income taxes.
I'm outraged that 60% of those who don't pay federal income taxes work for a living in jobs with no benefits and don't make enough in those miserable jobs to reach taxable income levels. Join me, killer, in proposing not only a minimum living wage but one that is high enough to reach a taxable level.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #26
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Join me, killer, in proposing not only a minimum living wage but one that is high enough to reach a taxable level.
If Barry gets re-elected I'll apply for every freebie I can get... good enough?
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #27
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
If Barry gets re-elected I'll apply for every freebie I can get... good enough?
Off topic. Should the guy roofing your house in 95 degree weather be below the poverty line? He probably is and he doesn't pay federal taxes and he fits no one's definition of lazy. But Romney doesn't need his vote. good.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #28
Fire Haley
Banned

Quote:
Off topic. Should the guy roofing your house in 95 degree weather be below the poverty line? He probably is and he doesn't pay federal taxes and he fits no one's definition of lazy. But Romney doesn't need his vote. good.

I just spent $7000 for a new roof - those guys were done in a day and a half and I heard them say they were taking the rest of the week off. I never heard them complaining about the heat.

I've been waiting for a cane for 5 ****ing years to come along so I could make a claim and get my blue tarp FEMA money dammit.....no such luck - thanks alot global warming! you suck
Old 09-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #29
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
I just spent $7000 for a new roof - those guys were done in a day and a half and I heard them say they were taking the rest of the week off. I never heard them complaining about the heat.
You share Romney's scorn of manual laborers, the retired and disabled veterans. Good for you.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #30
Fire Haley
Banned

Quote:
You share Romney's scorn of manual laborers, the retired and disabled veterans. Good for you.

ha ha, nice bait

you know I'm a retired vet, just try and bump up your disability, the VA will never allow it