Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #21
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528
Default Re: DICK LEBEAU MUST GO!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
I'd like to see that, I bet $100 dick lebeau can't kick anyone's ass lol
maybe that's my plan - he goes over to kick his ass and gets a hernia and slipped disc and that allows us to usher in a new coordinator
Old 09-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #22
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfan23 View Post
This is on the whole F.O. from Rooney's on down. First off, to hire Tomlin who is just a figurehead let's be honest. He inherited a HOF D coordinator, franchise QB, and lucked out playing one of the weaker teams in the SB (ARI) and he wins so he is applauded as if he had anything to do with it. His game management, player development, and x and o's are just bad. The fact that this guy is supposed to know DBs and secondary players yet has failed to draft or develop a single good DB is proof enough.

Then there is Colbert who I think is great and has had some bad luck. I am assuming he has a lot of input on the players chosen from Lebeau and Tomlin which is why imho some of those picks haven't been so good especially LB and secondary, but he got very unlucky this year with injuries. He is the least at fault. Lebeau gets as much blame as Tomlin as he plain and simple...fails to change his approach in today's passing game. Yeah I get that he doesn't put the players out there, he just coaches, but he is doing a really awful job of it. I bet anything he is done after this year.

Ben gets some blame (see my other posts that you all seem to hate so much) as he is overrated as they come. Point being, look at today's fourth quarter. He got outplayed by Palmer of all people. Sure he got a lot of yards and TDs and that's great and all but it was against an even worse D than ours. But...when he really needed to step up he failed again. He has made a habit of failing to be effective in 4th quarters ever since SB loss vs. GB. That's why I reiterate, while he has name recognition and value still, you need to trade him and we need to do a system reboot. This team is bad. We won't make the playoffs and that won't change any time soon. I would rather suck for a year or two and make another decade long run than be mediocre for the next 5 years, and THEN be forced to do a reboot. Flame away boys!!
Changes really need to be made, for sure, but this might have been one of the stupidest things I've ever read here.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #23
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446

I can't blame Lebeau. The secondary is so horrible, when the Steelers CHOSE to ignore the DB issues and go "in house" to fill the Gay spot they messed up bad and it's apparent. Not even Taylor played decent today. If the Steelers want to compete with anyone in the AFC north they are going to have to find a way to acquire a couple of competent CBs and keep Troy healthy. After this game how can anyone argue in favor of this pass defense?
casteeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #24
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Really, I think people need to get used to the D not being beastly for awhile. We simply don't have the money to fill up the defense with pro bowlers right now. The offense is stacked, and we have our top 10 contracts literally accounting for half the cap. A handful of guys making 10 mil a year, and that's not even counting Wallace wanting a hundred billion dollars next year.

Look at the cap numbers. What would you propose we do to fix our team issues based on those numbers? Also keep in mind we keep restructuring, and that could lead to guys we CAN'T cut next year.

But seriously, turnovers killed us. Mundy was their accomplice. Take those two factors out, and we win.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #25
steelfan23

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Steel View Post
I love how all of the sudden LeBeau has forgotten how to coach. This is about personnel people. Eventually, you knew the guys who made the defense what it was for a decade were going to leave. Well, we have not replaced them with people as good. Maybe that's impossible. It sure is hard. But don't discount how good Farrior, A.Smith and even the guys who are still there that are a shell of their former selves. Face it. We were spoiled. It's a new era of Steelers football defensively and it doesn't look good.
This is on the whole F.O. from Rooney's on down. First off, to hire Tomlin who is just a figurehead let's be honest. He inherited a HOF D coordinator, franchise QB, and lucked out playing one of the weaker teams in the SB (ARI) and he wins so he is applauded as if he had anything to do with it. His game management, player development, and x and o's are just bad. The fact that this guy is supposed to know DBs and secondary players yet has failed to draft or develop a single good DB is proof enough.

Then there is Colbert who I think is great and has had some bad luck. I am assuming he has a lot of input on the players chosen from Lebeau and Tomlin which is why imho some of those picks haven't been so good especially LB and secondary, but he got very unlucky this year with injuries. He is the least at fault. Lebeau gets as much blame as Tomlin as he plain and simple...fails to change his approach in today's passing game. Yeah I get that he doesn't put the players out there, he just coaches, but he is doing a really awful job of it. I bet anything he is done after this year.

Ben gets some blame (see my other posts that you all seem to hate so much) as he is overrated as they come. Point being, look at today's fourth quarter. He got outplayed by Palmer of all people. Sure he got a lot of yards and TDs and that's great and all but it was against an even worse D than ours. But...when he really needed to step up he failed again. He has made a habit of failing to be effective in 4th quarters ever since SB loss vs. GB. That's why I reiterate, while he has name recognition and value still, you need to trade him and we need to do a system reboot. This team is bad. We won't make the playoffs and that won't change any time soon. I would rather suck for a year or two and make another decade long run than be mediocre for the next 5 years, and THEN be forced to do a reboot. Flame away boys!!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #26
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,963 Times in 3,374 Posts

in defense of our pass defense, Palmer had too long to throw, and he made some really good throws, and the Raiders recievers were making some good catches. just sayin'.

the defense was still pretty lousy today.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #27
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
in defense of our pass defense, Palmer had too long to throw, and he made some really good throws, and the Raiders recievers were making some good catches. just sayin'.

the defense was still pretty lousy today.
pass rush is a huge part of defending against the pass, the few times I saw any sort of pressure, Palmer was able to release quick enough which falls back on the secondary needing to cover long enough for the pass rush to get to the QB

no matter how we spin it, our defense was terrible

the only thing going in support of our D was how they were asked to bail out our offense from turning the ball over twice and our special teams from giving up a huge kick return.

A game that might have been a ~14-21 point victory can quickly turn into a 3 point loss that way, especially on the road.

That being said, we can't expect the offense to play absolutely perfect every game either, something that needed to happen today but didn't. Of which other than Ben and our OL doing better than average in pass protection, our O didn't do all that well either. The ball hit the ground 4 times, and was lost twice. And for the 3rd straight game we had a pretty dismal running attack.

The other huge x-factor was penalties, penalties and/or turnovers: eliminate one of those areas we lost big in and we win, eliminate both and we would have dominated, even with our terrible defensive performance.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #28
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,617 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfan23 View Post

STFU with your double post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity1974 View Post
You're a complete idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Changes really need to be made, for sure, but this might have been one of the stupidest things I've ever read here.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #29
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
the defense certainly shit the bed andy. this is the first time in a long while that i can say that wholeheartedly.

completely awful. i dont know if i can defend ryan mundy even being on the filed any longer (let alone team).
I wouldn't argue with that assessment - but I do think it's a little early to be calling for LaBeau's head. I'd like to see where we are in a few weeks - if the D continues to shit the bed, then we're definitely going to have larger problems on this team than I assumed. And it may come down to the coaching. We'll have to see.

It was an ugly loss, but I'm not throwing in the towel yet - a lot of supposedly elite teams are sucking pretty badly this year.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #30
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,465 Times in 1,560 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Great. Another thread.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote