Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #31
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: DEFENSE????

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
OK, so who wants to be the first to tell me that I'm wrong about LeBeau?

The average door to a shopping mall offers more resistance than our NUMBER ONE DEFENSE does.

you're not wrong.

The first thing that needs fixed is that these guys need a BIG boot in their ass before gametime and need to look like they WANT to be on the field instead of looking like they're browsing caskets in the local morgue.
Is no one in the organization providing leadership and motivation??? I hate the Ravens, but there's no one here who can tell me that they look like they're even in the same league as the Ravens are when it comes to wanting to be on the field and making plays. Those guys are high-fiving, yelling at each other, pumping fists......are we? Hell no, we're just standing around, shooting the s**t.

I have no idea what LeBeau is doing with these guys at this point. Very little is transferring to the field.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #32
resharded
Water Boy

Member Number: 24391

I don't think Dick is to blame here. His play calling has always been pretty much the same. Its the personnel that deserve the blame this game. If Ben could score 4 TDs every game our previous year defenses would have destroyed the opposing O. Just my 2 cents.
resharded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #33
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,141 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by resharded View Post
I don't think Dick is to blame here. His play calling has always been pretty much the same. Its the personnel that deserve the blame this game. If Ben could score 4 TDs every game our previous year defenses would have destroyed the opposing O. Just my 2 cents.
The defense is no doubt the unit to blame. I'm not saying Dick should be in the hot seat, but it IS his unit that shit the bed.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #34
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

our defense sucks/bottom line/cant cover anyone and havent had a pass rush in years
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #35
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I won't even feel better even after a (hopefully) W at home. This team hasn't proven it can win on the road in a while.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #36
casteeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Sleepy

Hers how the 2013 Steelers draft should go.

1. CB
2.CB
3.LB
4.CB
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #37
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
OK, so who wants to be the first to tell me that I'm wrong about LeBeau?

The average door to a shopping mall offers more resistance than our NUMBER ONE DEFENSE does.
Me! What do I win?

We bet the farm on offensive talent and then let Arians refuse to do anything with them for five years. We cut some quite suitable defensive players this offseason to make room for a high power offense that is still learning to play football after five years of destructive coaching. It's not time to demand the head of the once best defensive coordinator in the NFL just yet. Even the best of them get beat sometimes, and Lebeau is no exception, and unlike Arians has had, and now Haley, he no longer has the best talent level to work with.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #38
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I'd pay Wallace $100M tomorrow, because this team has to score 40pts a game if we want to have a chance to win with LeBeau's defense
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #39
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I'd pay Wallace $100M tomorrow, because this team has to score 40pts a game if we want to have a chance to win with LeBeau's defense
What position are willing to downgrade further to make cap room for a formerly fast receiver who isn't outrunning anyone now? I have to give him credit he is still a pretty good receiver and drawing double coverage now that he can't just out sprint the corners any more, but I wouldn't sell the rest of the team to keep him. Sorry, but that's just the reality of the NFL. It's not really a bad thing.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #40
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
What position are willing to downgrade further to make cap room for a formerly fast receiver who isn't outrunning anyone now?

for starters I'd cut every CB not named Ike....immediately

Lebeau's soft slow and sloppy "scheme" was cut to ribbons...I want to see heads roll!

Wallace was making catches over the middle and caught everything Ben threw him - get off his ass - he did his job

this defense is beyond horrible - we NEED to score40 pts a game - they can't tackle, stop the run, or the pass

cut that worhless tub of lard Ziggy too, I'be seen enough of that fat slob and his bear dancing routine, a 1 yd push into the backfield would be his first
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote