Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #41
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034
Default Re: DICK LEBEAU MUST GO!!!!!!!!!

If we had a D that was worth a sh1t we would be 3-0.

I've been saying it for years LeBeau must go! Our offense looks awesome under Haley, that is the only good thing I can say about PIT. Ben has been pretty much picture perfect this year.

We have to rank at the bottom in the NFL.

Our D is not good at anything.

No pass rush
No run D
No pass coverage
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #42
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizze99 View Post
This has to rank up there as one of the most idiotic posts I have ever read on this site. Hell, while you are at it, maybe we should have the Rooney's retire from football and sell the team.

I am not going to site here and point fingers at players or coaches because most of us watched the game in utter disbelief. Something has to change with this defense. Right now, these guys can't even fight themselves out of wet paper bag. The common theme going back to last season is a lack of pressure on the opposing QB. I remember a time when he had the nick name "Blitzburgh" but that is long gone now. I am tired of watching 2nd rate QB's look like HOF candidates.

I feel like we should be 3-0 going into the bye week but here we are in reality and we are limping in at 1-2. I hope the coaching utilizes this off week to "fix" this team because right now it's broken. The offense is averaging 26pts/game which in my book is more than enough to be a 3-0 team. 75pts given up by our defense in 3 games is horrendous.
Let's be fair, not all of that is completely on the defense. When they start a stand in the other team's field goal range it's not their fault if the other team scores. Yeah, the defense has lost more than just a step. I'm still hopeful that they can pull it together.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #43
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Lebeau is a legend, but his time is up. It happens to the best ones.

The Arians Abortion was shipped out and we're seeing remarkable results for our Offense. Looks like we need to do the same thing for our Young Players. They're wasting their time trying to play this dinosaur Defense.

Out with the old in with the new. Too bad we have to wait until next year to make a change, but seriously. DL's time is up. The most we can ask for is this Defense doesn't suck too much this year.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #44
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt0wns View Post

I've been saying it for years LeBeau must go!
how many years? 5? or going all the way back to 2005?
Old 09-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #45
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
how many years? 5? or going all the way back to 2005?
Does it matter?

Welcome to the Paper Curtain!
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #46
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

I know that Butler is supposedly waiting in the wings to take over, but I fear that he might implement the same ineffective, no blitz and corners 10 yards off the line that we are currently dealing with.

I would like for the team to look outside unless Butler has his own idea of how this defense should be run.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #47
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

JMO but it's becoming more and more obvious, going back to last year also (even with our D ranked #1), that ALL parts of our defense is just struggling anymore....From the coaching to the talent, IT'S ALL OF IT....Maybe it is time for Lebeau to go, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see out talent on the defense is no where close to being what it used to be....We get absolutely no pressure on the QB at all, our secondary has been TERRIBLE for the past couple of years (and the front office refuses to SERIOUSLY address it), the front 7 makes NO BIG PLAYS AT ALL (painfully obvious how Woodley is just another LB out there when #92 isn't on the other side), and the younger guys who are getting a chance to prove thenselves just aren't (Ziggy, Carter, Lewis, Mundy is HORRIBLE, etc...) maybe these young guys talent was mis-judged when they were drafted, cuz IMO NONE of them show any sign of being a 'stud' player of the future....As a diehard black and gold fan it truly pains me to say a Steelers defense is lousy, but the fact of the matter is, especially after today, it truly is LOUSY....After today, I've resided myself to believing it's jusy gonna be a long, pissed off, painful year, it's just gonna be...I know it's not the Steelers way to go free agency route, but maybe it's time to go that way a bit, cuz the young talent they have on this team on the defense side of the ball, just doesn't give me an optimistic picture of the future....I pray I'm wrong though.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #48
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

Another so disappointing tid bit that was mentioned in many of these posts that is so SO SO frustrating and just drives Steeler fans crazy, there seems to be, for the most, not all, NO PASSION, LEADERSHIP, or Steeler PRIDE on the defense side of the ball, and whether the talent is good or not, there is NO EXCUSE for not playing wit passion....Note to Ike Taylor, runnin your mouth after ya make 1 play after blowing the 3 or 4 that previously came your way, IS NOT PASSION, it's called STUPIDITY....As a veteran who by age wise should still have lots left in the tank, his play has disappointed and bothered me the most so far this year.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:19 AM   #49
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

F***** depressing that we finally get a top notch offense and our defense dies. They didn't take a step back, they dissapeared. I expected a minor regression from the defense but IMO they are one of the worst in football when they play that big cushion BS. The talent is not what it was in 2008-2010, but they still look good when the right scheme is put in place (last week when they played man vs the Jets). When we play the big cushion the defense isn't bad, it's completely embarassing.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:01 AM   #50
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i knew our defense wouldnt be as good as previous years. Harrison is getting old and so is Troy. Hood isnt even half the man Smith was and Hampton is past his prime. i said before the season that i can see us winning 8 games this year.
with that said i can also see us playing better as the year goes on and winning it all as a wild card. we have the offense to do it and if our defense clicks at the right time there is a chance we could surprise everyone. we just need to bench Hood for that to happen