Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915
Default What is he smoking???

Talking about the running game:

"I thought it was spotty at times, but I thought when we had a chance we were efficient," guard Willie Colon said.

Really??? Efficient??? What are these guys smoking?!
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: What is he smoking???

running game is terrible....hasn't looked good in any of the games. I have no idea what he's thinking unless he's trying to justify his own line play. No idea.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

Thought this post was about Tomlin going for it on 4th & 1 on there on like 29 yard line. I actually thought Ben was going to try and get the Raiders to jump off-side for a first down. Then call timeout if they did not fall for it. But to actually go for it, was plain DUMB call!!!!!!! and lucky they got ther first down. But I was not pleased with this call at all!!
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,605 Times in 1,625 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL View Post
Thought this post was about Tomlin going for it on 4th & 1 on there on like 29 yard line. I actually thought Ben was going to try and get the Raiders to jump off-side for a first down. Then call timeout if they did not fall for it. But to actually go for it, was plain DUMB call!!!!!!! and lucky they got ther first down. But I was not pleased with this call at all!!
It was a very Ballsy call, but as Tomlin said, if we couldn't manage to pick up a yard in that situation, we didn't deserve the chance to win.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,697 Times in 1,767 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
It was a very Ballsy call, but as Tomlin said, if we couldn't manage to pick up a yard in that situation, we didn't deserve the chance to win.
If they wouldn't of got the first down I have a feeling we'd have a new sticky Fire Tomlin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Explain why this was a bad call? We had a defense that could not stop anything. If we do not get it, they score faster so we would at least have a chance to tie it up with Ben. If we punt it, they just drive on us while killing the clock leaving us with no chance to come back. It was a great call.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushHard34 View Post
Explain why this was a bad call? We had a defense that could not stop anything. If we do not get it, they score faster so we would at least have a chance to tie it up with Ben. If we punt it, they just drive on us while killing the clock leaving us with no chance to come back. It was a great call.
BINGO!!!!! Tomlin knows his d can't stop anyone. I was really surprised he went for it; but it does show one thing. He has no faith in his d. Crap; I thought he was going to go for it on 4th and 9. probably should have that was our only chance to win.
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, that was a straight up message to the D...we don't trust you to stop them driving down the field.

I liked the call, and still would have approved of it if they didn't get the first down. I've never wanted them to run that kind of play in my life before yesterday...that's how bad the D was sucking.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,583 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i thought redman and batch looked alright. dwyer can find his way to the inactive list since mendenhall will likely be back after the bye
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,583 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Yeah, that was a straight up message to the D...we don't trust you to stop them driving down the field.

I liked the call, and still would have approved of it if they didn't get the first down. I've never wanted them to run that kind of play in my life before yesterday...that's how bad the D was sucking.
it was a good call, if we don't make it, the short field would have made it impossible the milk the clock, and I would have liked our chances better being down with ben running the 2 minute drill
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote