Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #21
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Re: Ravens gifted another win by the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
take a better look at the user name....just like patriot fans were the only ones defending spygate , the only ones that will try to rationalize a ratbird win will be ratbird fans....
My mistake. I should have realized only a Ratbird fan would gloat about a fake win* gift wrapped by giving their offense multiple free downs, possessions, and -when that wasn't enough- a missed field goal counted as good.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #22
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
I'm sorry, I just can't find it in me to sympathize with ANY other fanbase about shit calls that affect the outcome of a game. Yea, I know..... I'm a shitty, gangster, criminal, thug Raiders fan , but no team in the NFL has been f**cked over by the refs more than the Raiders, over the years.

I'm not even talking about the ones we all know about. The Raiders always get the most egregious, off the wall, "have to look it up in the rule book to see if we can make it stick" bullshit calls against them. Not whining....... it's just the truth.

It's been kinda a cool to see a few other teams experience what the Raiders are all to well acustomed to, from the refs.

well, i agree, but think your "other teams" comments are more directed to teams such as the Patriots, Packers, etc, etc, etc.
I will agree that even i have seen repeated unbelievable calls go against the Raiders in the past years. But the same argument can be made for the Steeler teams equally as well.

I believe this is due to both teams "reputation" as hard-hitting, physical, tough, and take-no-s**t. I think its unjustified as i've seen over and over and over again the EXACT same plays go uncalled against other teams and i think the refs (and i include real refs here..) do somewhat cave to league + media pressure.
But all in all...its definitely a change to see other seemingly "protected" teams getting their fair share of blatant wrong calls going against them as well.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #23
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

I'm going to be the first to say that the refs have to go. That game was completely out of control and the calls over the past 3 weeks have been getting worse. There is no respect for the stripes anymore and it is all out pandemonium....

However, to say that the game was given to the Ravens by the refs is BS. There were bad calls both ways. Not to mention, the NE defense let the Ravens drive 92 and 70 yards in the last 10 minutes of the game to win. If Brady is so fantastic, why can't he ice the game in with the ball on his own 34 and a 9 point lead (no penalties that drive), or the ball, 4 minutes and a 2 point lead to include a drive that called back an int (5 yards and a 1st down) and a 15 yard penalty (on the coach none the less..... Tell me the last time that was called!) that gave him first and 10 at the BAL 45 with just over 2 minutes? Then a 70 yard drive with under 2 minutes for the Ravens (to include passes for 24 and 17). The PI call was legit IMO, so that gets flagged this year or last.

I'm with everyone that the game is a disaster and the officials need to come back, but this wasn't a 4th and goal with no time on the clock where the officials gave a free play for a TD. The Patriots had plenty of opportunities to close the door on the Ravens and failed.

A poster on here last week said the same thing about the Steelers getting BS flags against them (the PI call where the CB literally never touched the reciever), in the fact that good teams figure out how to overcome.

Hopefully this crap gets taken care of soon though so we all can talk about plays and players instead of the guys in stripes.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #24
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
My mistake. I should have realized only a Ratbird fan would gloat about a fake win* gift wrapped by giving their offense multiple free downs, possessions, and -when that wasn't enough- a missed field goal counted as good.
Karma's a b!tch.

To S&B I bet the refs never screwed up a coin toss for ya though.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #25
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Quote:
a missed field goal counted as good.
Right, because there is so much conclusive evidence that you can see on TV where the ball was when it went over the post. If only there was a guy standing directly underneath the post with a clear view who could make that call.... Oh wait, there is. And he did. So unless you were standing next to him (which on the replay I didn't see you), it's 3 points.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #26
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Some of you are pretty reasonable, and to you let me apologize in advance. But, as for the others, come on. And yes, I'm a Ravens fan.

Look. Every team loses a game or two per year over bad calls. The only consistent favoritism I've ever noticed was a few years back when Brady and Manning got all the roughing the passer calls but it didn't seem like the lesser-known QB's got the same treatment. The officiating is crap, but for you to pretend like it is always the Ravens getting the calls is just silly. Every team's fans feel like they get hosed but most realize that's just part of being a fan and they can step back and realize the problem is not actual bias among the refs. Bad officiating? Yes. Biased officiating? No.
Dude, the Patriots defense stopped you MULTIPLE times only to see an official throw a flag and give the Ravens a free 1st and 10. This happened MULTIPLE times, ALL through out the game. More over, on more than one occassion the Patriots offense was robbed, including a phantom PI call on Edelman IN THE ENDZONE that robbed New England of ANOTHER TOUCHDOWN.

The announcers were LAUGHING it was so pathetic, culminating with Chris Collinsworth announcing on LIVE TELEVISION that the "only loser in this game was the fans."

And to put a cherry on top of it all, the game winning field goal...
WASN'T EVEN GOOD!!!!

So don't come at me with your "every team gets bad calls" bullcrap like this was just one questionable offsides call. That was complete highway robbery. It was banana republic football.

Your team is pathetic. New England is not going to be afraid to meet you again in the post season because we can go into that game completely aware that we completely DOMINATED you on offense and on defense in our first meeting, even if the scabs handed you a make believe win.

Sincerely yours,
a first and foremost disgusted football fan
Old 09-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #27
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Dude, the Patriots defense stopped you MULTIPLE times only to see an official throw a flag and give the Ravens a free 1st and 10.

Words.....
Right... because the 15 yards and a 1st down in the last 2:30 of the game on the bench call was so legit and something we see every week. You were gifted the ball on the BAL 45 with the lead and 2 minutes. Marsha couldn't make it happen and choked. Then your weak secondary couldn't stop a 70 yard drive with 1:55 and 1 timeout.

382 yards and 3 TDs. Those weren't flags.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #28
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,864 Times in 2,109 Posts

Old 09-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #29
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #30
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Well, your pathetic team and your fan base has such a little brother syndrome in the AFC that it doesn't surprise me at all that you'll take this win* with glee but the fact of the matter is, you didn't impress with it because everyone knows it was bullshit.

Patriots proved without a shadow of a doubt they're a drastically superior football team.

So you take this win*, you enjoy it, and we'll just blow you out in the post season.

Should of done your gatorade bath last night after your missed field goal that won you the game, because you aren't getting one against us in the post season and you can take that to the bank.

Out played.
Out classed.
Out coached.

We have higher standards in New England. If we won that game on those sorts of countless shenanigans and a missed field goal for 3 points i'd be embarrassed, but Ratbird fans will take whatever they can get.,