Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 05-22-2006, 05:10 PM   #11
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689
Default Re: Anyone watch LOST?

...Continued

Some actors think they know even more than that. "A buddy of mine actually got a part in the 'challah,' so I got to know a little bit more," says Garcia. "I know," insists Matthew Fox, who plays doctor Jack. How? "I just know. I have my sources." But most of them don't, and they're not all crazy about being kept in the dark. "It's a little bit difficult," says Harold Perrineau (Michael). "I'm one of those actors who likes to give himself a running start on how to be in touch with this or that. Last year we didn't know the finale until the day it was shot?we went out on the raft and there were pages missing in the script. Suddenly, there's a lot to wrap your head around."

But it's not just about the work. The actors are also fans of the show. Many of them have their own theories about the island (see interactive above). They often watch the show together?whichever character is featured in that week's flashback hosts the viewing party. "I've never watched a show as religiously as I've watched this, and I've never enjoyed one that I've been involved in as much," says Terry O'Quinn (Locke). O'Quinn is one of the few actors who don't like to speculate about the show, even about the most basic questions, like how Locke became a paraplegic. "When the question is answered, the answer will be disappointing?it's the question that's fun," he says. "He's a mysterious character, and that's what makes him compelling."

Besides, O'Quinn is just too damn busy to study anything beyond that week's script. As the season wound down, the cast was shooting three or four episodes simultaneously, sometimes working 20-hour days. They had to squeeze in our interviews during lunch or in the few minutes between scenes. Lilly stood on the side of a dirt supply road getting pushed farther and farther into the bush by equipment trucks. Fox?the cast calls him "Foxy"?grabbed a few minutes in a clearing behind the beach where the extras wait, next to the Porta Potti. They were all unfailingly nice and upbeat about their show. (Except for Naveen Andrews, who was said to be "not feeling well" and declined to be interviewed. Wait a minute. Surely they're not going to bump him off next!)

Still, you could tell that the cast was exhausted?Daniel Kim and Perrineau answered their trailer doors in their underwear because they had to sacrifice nap time to chat?and that they're starting to get on each other's nerves. "It's tough being involved in a shoot with a large cast," says Monaghan, sitting in his trailer, where the floor is piled with FedEx envelopes filled with fan mail. "Just the sheer politics can drag you down. So-and-so is not getting screen time. So-and-so is not showing up on time. So-and-so isn't behaving well on set. That's the toughest thing?coming home and going, Well, I behaved OK, but three or four people didn't." Despite mixed emotions, Monaghan brought a camera to the set to take pictures of his castmates, like a kid on the last day of school. "We're like brothers and sisters," says Lilly. "There are days when you want to thank them for being in your life, and there are days when you want to punch them in the face."

You'd better behave on "Lost"?no network TV show has ever killed off so many major characters so early in its run. For the record, the producers insist they didn't kill Ana Lucia and Libby because Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros, the actresses who play them, were arrested in December for DUI. "The truth is that we had this plan for Ana Lucia last year when Michelle met with us. She was, like, 'I want to do the show for one year,' so we put this plan in motion independent of her getting a DUI," says Cuse. "And the Libby thing was just a sort of twist that we felt elevated the scene to another level." Still, the actors know they're vulnerable?in an early version of the pilot, the producers had planned to kill Jack and changed their minds only when Stephen McPherson, now the president of ABC Entertainment, talked them out of it. Do the actors worry about their fates? "Sure, I'll be out of a good job," says O'Quinn. "I don't think there's any person on this show who is not expendable. If I said they didn't have the nerve to kill me, I'd be some kind of fool, wouldn't I?"

Forget about Locke or Jack or Ana Lucia?the really big question is, how will "Lost" end? Will we ever learn the secret to the island? The hatches. The numbers. The Dutch company that apparently ran a psychiatric experiment on the island 25 years earlier. The chance meetings so many characters had before the crash. Will all the pieces of the puzzle fit, or will "Lost" fall apart under the weight of its own mythology, like "Twin Peaks"? If the producers have their way, you'll get answers in the next three or four years, before the story lines and mysteries spin out of control. "This story is meant to end?people want to see the final chapter," says Cuse.

But in the meantime, they warn fans not to try to connect every plotlet. For instance, it was actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje's idea, not the writers', for Eko to write Scripture on his stick, so those entries probably aren't very significant. Ditto for some of the flashback crossovers. Some are clearly important, such as Jack's dad's relationship with Ana Lucia. But others?like the time Kate's mom waited on Sawyer in a diner?are merely a wink at the audience. "We never promised that there would be a unified-field theory of 'Lost'," says Damon Lindelof, who created the show with J. J. Abrams ("Alias," "M:i:III"). "You'll get many small answers along the way, and ultimately you will understand this island, but all those answers might not necessarily be reduced to a simple one-sentence explanation." Until then, all you conspiracy theorists?just enjoy the trip, and get lost.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:25 PM   #12
Theanswer385
Water Boy

Member Number: 2357

Good read !! thanks SG...Sux to hear ratings went down 20% though.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:32 PM   #13
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Yea, but I'm one of those people would would rather exercise my brain trying to figure out all the theories of LOST than to watch American Idol...(lol).
Old 05-22-2006, 09:02 PM   #14
Theanswer385
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
Yea, but I'm one of those people would would rather exercise my brain trying to figure out all the theories of LOST than to watch American Idol...(lol).
Right on
Old 05-23-2006, 07:48 PM   #15
SteelerzGirl
Banned

I finally figured out how to get registered over at your site. Geesh... It was like trying to figure out how to get into Fort Knox. I think I had to promise the registration people my first born child...(lol). I'm thinkin' it was a test to see if I was truly worthy of being a LOST fan. Nice site. I sent you a PM to hook me up with a Sawyer sig.

BTW LOST fans... Days before the 2-hour season finale, a LOST site (not Theanswer385's) has been hacked! Creep!

http://www.thelosties.com/forum/
Old 05-23-2006, 11:33 PM   #16
Theanswer385
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
I finally figured out how to get registered over at your site. Geesh... It was like trying to figure out how to get into Fort Knox. I think I had to promise the registration people my first born child...(lol). I'm thinkin' it was a test to see if I was truly worthy of being a LOST fan. Nice site. I sent you a PM to hook me up with a Sawyer sig.

BTW LOST fans... Days before the 2-hour season finale, a LOST site (not Theanswer385's) has been hacked! Creep!

http://www.thelosties.com/forum/
"I think I had to promise the registration people my first born child" haha yea i posted that site that you showed me that was hacked into on the forum on the lost site a couple days ago.