Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #41
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,242 Times in 1,803 Posts
Default Re: Ravens gifted another win by the refs

is there any reason why they can't add an additional 15-20 ft on to the goal post ? this isn't the first time that a FG has been "questionable....

i actually had this happen to me in a high school football game. ( i was a kicker )
the refs called it no good , but it looked good from where i was standing ..

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #42
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Or put an upper crossbar you have to stay under. That could be interesting!!
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #43
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
is there any reason why they can't add an additional 15-20 ft on to the goal post ? this isn't the first time that a FG has been "questionable....

i actually had this happen to me in a high school football game. ( i was a kicker )
Seriously, and no offense intended, but I also wish the NFL would bring the "posts" in about 2 feet aside.
It's not fair watching a really good hard-fought game won by an "easy/lucky" Kick -so to speak. \
Again, I couldn't kick my own ars, so don't take me the wrong way here, but...
Atleast that way, that would eliminate the easier half-field (50+-yards) kicks, from being that easy, these days -with these so-called SOCCER kickers, in the NFL.
But hey, it's just imho.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #44
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
Seriously, and no offense intended, but I also wish the NFL would bring the "posts" in about 2 feet aside.
It's not fair watching a really good hard-fought game won by an "easy/lucky" Kick -so to speak. \
Again, I couldn't kick my own ars, so don't take me the wrong way here, but...
Atleast that way, that would eliminate the easier half-field (50+-yards) kicks, from being that easy, these days -with these so-called SOCCER kickers, in the NFL.
But hey, it's just imho.
i absolutely hate seeing out comes of games decided by a kicker.
extra point kicks are all but a waste of time , how many are actually missed in a season ? they should have to go for 2.
field goal points should be awarded by the distance of the field goal.
under 36 yards = 1 point
36 - 45 = 2 points
46 - 55 = 3 points
56 + = 4 points
if you lose yardage on 3rd down you can't attempted a FG.... that'll keep teams from going backwards intentionally for more valuable attempts.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #45
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:

Did you hear what Al Micheals said....good thing those uprights dont go up to the heavens.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #46
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Or put an upper crossbar you have to stay under. That could be interesting!!
I've thought about that myself before. Then you could put a net around it like a soccer goal. In the net and the kick is good. No more booming 25 yard field goals, you'd need a little touch.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #47
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

they've all but taken kick offs (returns) out of the game , why not eliminate extra points and field goals and give kicker roster spots and salaries to REAL football players?

Old 09-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #48
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Well, your pathetic team and your fan base has such a little brother syndrome in the AFC that it doesn't surprise me at all that you'll take this win* with glee but the fact of the matter is, you didn't impress with it because everyone knows it was bullshit.

Patriots proved without a shadow of a doubt they're a drastically superior football team.

So you take this win*, you enjoy it, and we'll just blow you out in the post season.

Should of done your gatorade bath last night after your missed field goal that won you the game, because you aren't getting one against us in the post season and you can take that to the bank.

Out played.
Out classed.
Out coached.

We have higher standards in New England. If we won that game on those sorts of countless shenanigans and a missed field goal for 3 points i'd be embarrassed, but Ratbird fans will take whatever they can get.,

i've read all your comments along the thread and didn't care to respond to any of it (just typical "my team" stuff, hell...we do that around here).
But i take EXCEPTION to that comment. You do NOT have higher standards in New England. Both the Pittsburgh Steelers AND New England Patriots have very well run organizations, both known for class and smarts. There is no such thing as "higher standards" in NE. Both these organizations have the highest of standards.
I lived in NE from 2007-2010 and had the opportunity to watch both organizations closely, games, commentaries, fans, analysts, etc, etc, and etc and i never saw anything that made me think NE had a better or classier franchise. If anything, i felt incredibly lucky that i followed the greatest football organization in the NFL and that the people around me had no idea what it was like to have that. (although they had a good one).
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #49
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
I find it hard to believe that your hatred for a conference rival is greater than your love of the NFL.

Do you think the Steelers are going to be immune to this?

Are you ready to lose in the post season and have your year ended by something like this? A bunch of phantom penalties to keep the Ravens alive and moving up the field for a gift wrapped touchdown that was then followed up by a field goal that was no good that was called good by the officials anyway without challenge or review?

Did you see the game?

There is something greater at stake right here than a Patriots v Ravens game or your precious Steelers post season seed. This is the integrity of the NFL as a legitimate sport and not "sports entertainment" which is exactly what it looked like, especially in the 4th quarter.
BAHAHA a pats fan talking about the integrity of the league, might want to repeat that load of crap to your cheating ass head coach.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #50
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
take a better look at the user name....just like patriot fans were the only ones defending spygate , the only ones that will try to rationalize a ratbird win will be ratbird fans....
The best thing about a win is I don't have to rationalize it. I only have to rationalize a loss, which is getting more difficult after seeing the final score on the philly/arizona game lol. But I'm still finding it easier to swallow than the miracle in Denver last year
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote