Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #61
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: DICK LEBEAU MUST GO!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i knew our defense wouldnt be as good as previous years. Harrison is getting old and so is Troy. Hood isnt even half the man Smith was and Hampton is past his prime.

Itīs no coincidence that Arizona and Houston are becoming the best defenses in the league. They stuck to the scheme and got the players to fit that scheme. It works very well over time when you find the players to replace the old ones. But you NEED PLAYMAKERS.

Ray Horton's defense (who uses LeBeaus same scheme) is hot because the Cards have Patrick Peterson, Daryl Washington, Adrian Wilson and a load of defensive playmakers.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #62
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I would not call Andy Dalton an average QB based on his performance against the Redskins yesterday
I'd say the jury is still out on Dalton. He's looking good, but he's young and for the most part, unproven. He's not Eli, Flacco, Rivers, or Romo...yet.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #63
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218

I can't blame LeBeau for this - I blame the players - LeBeau made calls that should have worked - IF they players were able to execute - Its not like LeBeau didn't tell the players to rush the QB, they just weren't good enough to get there. One thing I can confirm - I wish he had called more blitzes - not nearly enough IMO yesterday.
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #64
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,459 Times in 1,557 Posts
My Mood: Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by truesteelerfan View Post
I can't blame LeBeau for this - I blame the players - LeBeau made calls that should have worked - IF they players were able to execute - Its not like LeBeau didn't tell the players to rush the QB, they just weren't good enough to get there. One thing I can confirm - I wish he had called more blitzes - not nearly enough IMO yesterday.
Every time we blitzed, Palmer was hurried or sacked, but unfortunately, we rarely blitzed. Not to mention our coverage left guys open, and Lebeau didn't make any adjustments at halftime to put corners in man coverage.

Simply put: The defensive gameplan didn't account for the possibilities of Palmer actually throwing worth a shit, and it burned us. No adjustments we're made, and the offense was forced to score 31 points, only to lose.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #65
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

I'm not going to get on the "sky is falling" bandwagon like a lot of you are, and i'm CERTAINLY not going to suggest firing ANYONE is the answer, but it's clear to me that the defense IS at fault for this loss. Anytime our offense puts up 31 points it should be enough.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #66
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,075 Times in 2,614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Every time we blitzed, Palmer was hurried or sacked, but unfortunately, we rarely blitzed. Not to mention our coverage left guys open, and Lebeau didn't make any adjustments at halftime to put corners in man coverage.

Simply put: The defensive gameplan didn't account for the possibilities of Palmer actually throwing worth a shit, and it burned us. No adjustments we're made, and the offense was forced to score 31 points, only to lose.
the raiders position players average 4.33 speed, meaning that if they started a 4X100 relay team they would be olympic quality.

NO WAY is lebeau gonna man up on that with ryan mundy playing center field. he will take his chances forcing palmer to sustain drives as opposed to watching palmer take the top off our defense 5-6 times and 350+ yards.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #67
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
the raiders position players average 4.33 speed, meaning that if they started a 4X100 relay team they would be olympic quality.

NO WAY is lebeau gonna man up on that with ryan mundy playing center field. he will take his chances forcing palmer to sustain drives as opposed to watching palmer take the top off our defense 5-6 times and 350+ yards.
Well, he took his chances, and the Raiders scored 34 points. I guess we needed to put Mike Wallace and Chris Rainey in coverage and hope for the best.

Like I said, i'm not on the "Fire Lebeau" bandwagon, but it's clearly HIS unit that lost this game, and in the end, he's the leader of that group of guys. Something needs to happen, and i'm hoping an praying that Polamalu and Harrison are the answer.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #68
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,075 Times in 2,614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Well, he took his chances, and the Raiders scored 34 points. I guess we needed to put Mike Wallace and Chris Rainey in coverage and hope for the best.

Like I said, i'm not on the "Fire Lebeau" bandwagon, but it's clearly HIS unit that lost this game, and in the end, he's the leader of that group of guys. Something needs to happen, and i'm hoping an praying that Polamalu and Harrison are the answer.
this loss definitely has lebeaus fingerprints all over it.

ultimately coaching defense is a 50-50 guessing game (with educated guesses coming from tons of film study and game planning)

you either defend a pass or you defend the run on any given play. the steelers seemed to guess wrong all day and looked like they were clueless whether the raiders were going to run or throw.

they looked flat footed.

i wonder if the loss of farrior directing traffic is having a bigger impact than anyone realizes?
Old 09-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #69
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
this loss definitely has lebeaus fingerprints all over it.

ultimately coaching defense is a 50-50 guessing game (with educated guesses coming from tons of film study and game planning)

you either defend a pass or you defend the run on any given play. the steelers seemed to guess wrong all day and looked like they were clueless whether the raiders were going to run or throw.

they looked flat footed.

i wonder if the loss of farrior directing traffic is having a bigger impact than anyone realizes?
As I said just a few minutes ago over at Steelers Xtreme: I think the only thing the defense is missing out of Farrior and Smith is the leadership. Out side of that, both guys we're slipping.

Farrior led the team in tackles, most of them the result of him getting burned for twenty yards and catching up to his man as he's slowing down for the pass. It's sad, but true none the less.

The biggest problem is the fact we we're playing without Polamalu, and the biggest reason of all is that we haven't had the starting defense on field in four games dating back to January.

When Harrison is hot, he gets to the QB. He did it last year before his injury, and Woodley is the same. When those two are on fire, the opposing QB is under pressure. I think the defense will improve as the year goes on barring any major injuries, and the same goes for the offense.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #70
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

so much for a "locked" thread ? these moddy's
plz gimme shit now.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote