Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #71
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,569 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: DICK LEBEAU MUST GO!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
so much for a "locked" thread ? these moddy's
plz gimme shit now.
Actually, this was one of the first "bitching" threads made. We locked three other one's made shortly after.

Don't worry about our jobs. Discuss football. We can handle things.

Edit: Oh, and i'm not saying in any way that I agree with the opinion of the threads original post, but I don't see any reason why we can't "entertain" the idea a little. It IS two weeks until the next game, after all.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #72
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,469 Times in 2,323 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
so much for a "locked" thread ? these moddy's
plz gimme shit now.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #73
Blitzberg06
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11841

LeBeau is on a year to year contract basis.

People need to chill out. Does this defense look good? No is 1-2 the end of the world? No. Wait until we are eliminated from playoff contention or they have been consistently bad this season.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #74
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,569 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
LeBeau is on a year to year contract basis.

People need to chill out. Does this defense look good? No is 1-2 the end of the world? No. Wait until we are eliminated from playoff contention or they have been consistently bad this season.
Hey! What the hell are you doing? Can't you see that the sky is falling!?

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #75
Blitzberg06
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Hey! What the hell are you doing? Can't you see that the sky is falling!?

Oh yes Nobody that has started the season bad has ever won the superbowl (Giants)

People seem to forget the season is 16 games long and not 3 weeks. The Patriots are 1-2 just like us. Do you honestly believe they are on panic mode? No. Because great organizations do, they bounce back.

I was upset about the bye week when the schedule was released but the bye week couldn't have came at a better time. HOPEFULLY the team is taking 2-3 days off this week then praciticing, watching film and trying to be great.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #76
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,496 Times in 781 Posts
My Mood: Breezy

It's not just the record....."how are they playing?"
The offense seems to be improving game to game.
Can't say that about the D. In fact, I can't remember them looking so weak against the run as yesterday.
Questionable 1st rounders on the line and personnel that can't excel at the 3-4.....
it's not Dick's fault but everything comes to and end.
Just suggesting that "he may be done" or "they've figured him out" should not be considered heresy in Steeler Nation.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #77
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post

Oh yes Nobody that has started the season bad has ever won the superbowl (Giants)

People seem to forget the season is 16 games long and not 3 weeks. The Patriots are 1-2 just like us. Do you honestly believe they are on panic mode? No. Because great organizations do, they bounce back.

I was upset about the bye week when the schedule was released but the bye week couldn't have came at a better time. HOPEFULLY the team is taking 2-3 days off this week then praciticing, watching film and trying to be great.
The Patriots just barely lost to a Super Bowl contender. We lost to what is pretty much the universally agreed upon 'worst team in the league'. We didn't even play in the last quarter of the game.

That's not quite the same 1-2 record.

Is there hope for this Steelers team? Sure.

Am I optimistic?

Not quite there yet.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #78
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Steel View Post
I love how all of the sudden LeBeau has forgotten how to coach. This is about personnel people. Eventually, you knew the guys who made the defense what it was for a decade were going to leave. Well, we have not replaced them with people as good. Maybe that's impossible. It sure is hard. But don't discount how good Farrior, A.Smith and even the guys who are still there that are a shell of their former selves. Face it. We were spoiled. It's a new era of Steelers football defensively and it doesn't look good.
Hey Dip She-at. Nobody is stating that Lebeau forgot how to coach. He is old school, old tactics, the game has changed, rules have changed, today's game is so slanted towards passing and half the plays that would run into the teeth of the Steeler's Defense are no longer doing just that. Teams that always passed NE, Colts always did us in. It is time to get a young fired up D coach. The fossil owes us nothing but the game even passed the great Noll. It;s time to put Dick in the barn
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #79
Blitzberg06
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
The Patriots just barely lost to a Super Bowl contender. We lost to what is pretty much the universally agreed upon 'worst team in the league'. We didn't even play in the last quarter of the game.

That's not quite the same 1-2 record.

Is there hope for this Steelers team? Sure.

Am I optimistic?

Not quite there yet.
If you really wanna go by records the Saints are one of the worst in the league. We lost to a bad team yes but It happens.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:16 AM   #80
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,335 Times in 3,986 Posts
My Mood: Amused

On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'

September 26, 2012
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It's not so much that the Steelers defense is old and slow, now they are predictable?

Some Oakland Raiders made that claim Sunday, including wide receiver Derek Hagan, who credited quarterback Carson Palmer for diagramming Dick LeBeau's defense for his teammates and then picking it apart.

"They pretty much did the same thing that they did six, seven years ago when he was playing with Cincinnati," Hagan said of the former Bengals quarterback. "Obviously, they've got a legendary D-coordinator over there. He's been running certain things that other teams have seen, that we've seen. We knew their tendencies and we were able to hit them with some big plays when it really counted."

Predictable? Guilty as charged said Steelers safety Ryan Clark.

"Sometimes, when you speed up the offense, you can call the same plays and kind of get stuck in the same plays," Clark said of defending Oakland's no-huddle offense Sunday.

"We really haven't been that hard to figure out the last seven years I've been here. We've been running the same things, we call the same things. It's not about being predictable, it's about executing.

"Coach LeBeau puts us in a call, we have to execute the right way. It doesn't matter if you know what we're doing if you can stop it."

Here are the adjustments Clark suggests:

"That's what we have to get back to doing, no matter what the call is, the guys across from us, kicking his butt and getting to the ball."

That defense usually becomes a little less predictable when a healthy Troy Polamalu and James Harrison join it, which is what both did Tuesday in practice. Harrison missed the first three regular-season games with his bothersome knee, and Polamalu missed the past two with a calf injury. Polamalu intends to play when the Steelers face Philadelphia at home Oct. 7 after their off week. Harrison's participation will depend, again, on how his knee responds between now and then.

"It'll help," linebacker LaMarr Woodley said. "Those are key guys back, that definitely makes a big difference on this defense. So having them back would definitely be great for this defense."

Perhaps surprisingly, that defense ranks among the best in the NFL in yards allowed. It ranks fifth against the pass (190.3 yards permitted per game) and seventh overall (291.3) in a league that leans more and more to offense.

Still, it's not what the Steelers are accustomed to doing. They finished first in the NFL last season in fewest yards allowed, passing yards allowed and points allowed. Yet they have continued another trend from 2011 in that they are also producing fewer turnovers and sacks.

Woodley has two of his team's five sacks, which are tied for 22nd in the NFL. They have produced only two turnovers, and their three as a team (one fumble recovery on a muffed punt return) is tied for 24th.

Last season, they managed a 21-year low of 35 sacks and 16 turnovers.

Forget their rankings, the Steelers realize they are not playing good defense.

"It stinks," Clark said of the way they've played. "It's not the way we play defense. It's not the way we train and work all week to come out and play. But coach LeBeau says sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you.

"They scored a lot of points, and we didn't stop them. We can't point fingers at anybody, we have to use our thumbs and point them at ourselves and be better."

Said Woodley, "Even if we won the game on Sunday, we still played bad on defense."
Clark suggested it's not necessarily the "old" guys.

"I think what you lose, you lose chemistry sometimes when guys go out. We have to work together and fit together properly, that more than anything. It's not that guys aren't talented enough, we're not fitting the defense like coach LeBeau wants us to do."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz27Y9w1vCq