Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Community > Introductions

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 09-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
superguy
Water Boy

Member Number: 24399
Default Why the Steelers? Convince me

Hello,

I grew up in NY my whole life, and now I am in Columbus, Ohio, for school (Ohio State). My parents were Jets fans, and I absolutely hate the Jets. I only liked Revis, but recently I paid attention to how much of a baby he was about his contracts and now he has a torn ACL. And don't get me started on Tebow.

Anyway, I've been thinking about the following teams, one of them to be my new favorite team:

Steelers
Browns
Bengals
Giants
Titans
Raiders
49ers

I know you guys will tell me to be a Steelers fan. I'm told that the Steelers have the best fans, and I've done research on all of the mentioned teams. So far the Steelers seem like the best fit for me.

I like: good old fashion running and tough defense; games with snow and rain that get really messy; teams that play hard and have a promising future; as an upperclassman at Ohio State, I love tailgating. I also like teams that don't really have one huge star, they kinda just play as a team. The Steelers seem to have all of these things I like, yet some of the other teams I've mentioned also have all of these things (although not as winning).

What makes being a Steelers fan different from being a fan of another team? Convince me to be a Steelers fan.
superguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,199 Times in 1,846 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Why the Steelers? Convince me

Most of us grew up Steelers fans, and it's something that runs in all of our families. The Steelers are one of the toughest defenses when healthy, and they have a dangerous offense led by Ben Roethlisberger.

The running game hasn't been great in recent years, but the runners we do have are tough as nails, yard for yard running backs.

Head on over to our home page, and read the "Steel Past" column on the left-hand side of the page. Plenty of history their. I recommend you hang out here on the forum in two weeks when we take on the Eagles at Heinz Field. Next week is a bye week.

Homepage: http://www.steelersfever.com/index.html

Here's some Steelers Fever Exclusive Editorials: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials.html

Fans? Oh yeah. We have the best.

[YOUTUBE]X_su5VjvI1w[/YOUTUBE]

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

[YOUTUBE]7arZ2WUruic[/YOUTUBE]

Old 09-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,147 Times in 1,929 Posts

Then theres this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
ZIGGY0246
Water Boy

Member Number: 5983
My Mood: Lurking

Been a Steelrs fan since the early 70's and grew up in Boston. What drew me to them is a love of smash mouth football and a owner that stands behiond his coaching staff no matter what. since the early 70' 3 owners and 3 coaches what other team can clam that.

Yes i do take a lot of greif for my choice from, family and freinds but my respone is how many tropies are in your case we got 6
ZIGGY0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,610 Posts

so what you're saying is you're a "free agent" fan ?

we don't negotiate with free agents after the season starts....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
superguy
Water Boy

Member Number: 24399

Okay, I'm sold. I asked the same question on some other forums and they had nothing. Except for the Giants - got some guidos yelling at me about how "dope" the Giants are. I don't think I wanna be associated with those idiots.

Anyway, I'm proud to announce that I'm a Steelers' fan. They are the only team in the league that is a consistently winning team in the right ways - through good old fashioned coaching, balls-to-the-wall playing, etc. Ben is good but it's not like he carried the team - Steelers, from what I see, play as a team and everyone helps out. The Ohio State Buckeyes follow the same code (as far as I can tell - I could be wrong, I'm no football genius), and that's the football I know and love. I enjoyed watching the Steelers last season but I stopped watching them after I saw the 49ers defense, Alden Smith specifically, hit Ben Roethlisberger on almost every play - that's what initially turned me on to the 49ers for a while, and I stupidly forgot about watching the Steelers.

I hope it is okay to let me into your group. I am a very loyal and dedicated person in everything I do. I will be a good and devoted Steelers fan. I hope I am not viewed on this forum as a "bandwagoner" or "not a true fan".
superguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superguy View Post
Okay, I'm sold. I asked the same question on some other forums and they had nothing. Except for the Giants - got some guidos yelling at me about how "dope" the Giants are. I don't think I wanna be associated with those idiots.

Anyway, I'm proud to announce that I'm a Steelers' fan. They are the only team in the league that is a consistently winning team in the right ways - through good old fashioned coaching, balls-to-the-wall playing, etc. Ben is good but it's not like he carried the team - Steelers, from what I see, play as a team and everyone helps out. The Ohio State Buckeyes follow the same code (as far as I can tell - I could be wrong, I'm no football genius), and that's the football I know and love. I enjoyed watching the Steelers last season but I stopped watching them after I saw the 49ers defense, Alden Smith specifically, hit Ben Roethlisberger on almost every play - that's what initially turned me on to the 49ers for a while, and I stupidly forgot about watching the Steelers.

I hope it is okay to let me into your group. I am a very loyal and dedicated person in everything I do. I will be a good and devoted Steelers fan. I hope I am not viewed on this forum as a "bandwagoner" or "not a true fan".
Everyone is welcome here. Stick around a little while. I guarantee you'll grow into a hardcore fan over the next few years. We have a great team.

Did I hear Buckeyes? I'm a HUGE Buckeyes fan! Mansfield, Ohio native.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #9
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
so what you're saying is you're a "free agent" fan ?

we don't negotiate with free agents after the season starts....
hope hes not a pennant picker....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
hope hes not a pennant picker....
The Browns we're on his list of teams to research. He's not a pennant picker.