Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080
Default Thank goodness

for the early bye week! Never thought I would say that before but I think its needed.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,430 Posts
Default Re: Thank goodness

A blessing in disguise. Hopefully Harrison and Polamalu both play after the Bye Week as it's been reported several times. Seems some bullshit always happens and the "estimations of return" are never correct.

As for Mendenhall, I don't want him back unless he's 100%, and I maintain that stance and point of view all the way. No reason in rushing him. Literally.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
A blessing in disguise. Hopefully Harrison and Polamalu both play after the Bye Week as it's been reported several times. Seems some bullshit always happens and the "estimations of return" are never correct.

As for Mendenhall, I don't want him back unless he's 100%, and I maintain that stance and point of view all the way. No reason in rushing him. Literally.
Judging by all the reports (if indeed truthful reports), it seems like Mendenhall has been fully active in practice, and probably could have played 2 weeks ago if they really needed him to play. They just are being careful with his return by easing him back in after the bye week.

At least that's just me reading into press clippings, but it sounds as if he's healthy.

Harrison is someone we definitely can't do without. I'm sure a lot of offenses play us differently when we have this madman chasing down qb's
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
Jpeezyiseternal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24248

I read on steelers.com that it was good timing for a bye week because we could rest up polamalu, harrison, and sylvester. i read that sylvester was out all year....i guess that was a rumor?
Jpeezyiseternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpeezyiseternal View Post
I read on steelers.com that it was good timing for a bye week because we could rest up polamalu, harrison, and sylvester. i read that sylvester was out all year....i guess that was a rumor?
never heard sylvester out all year, he's expected to be back. spence is out for the year though.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
for the early bye week! Never thought I would say that before but I think its needed.
Agreed. I don't think the defense, even when fully healthy, is capable of being a top defense anymore. If we continue to play the big cushion on defense then we may be towards the bottom of the list, BUT I still think we have enough talent to win IF LeBeau abandons the big cushion defense. We don't have top CB's, but the defense sure looked a lot better vs the Jets last week and vs the Pats last year when they were playing man coverage, as opposed to playing the big cushion BS like we did against Oakland and Denver (and many other teams last year). I think the offense is good enough to win the majority of our games if the defense will at least slow the other team down and make a few stops, but we may actually be 3rd in the division if if they continue to play the way they did yesterday. Having Harrison and Troy back will be great, but IMO the bye will only make a difference is someone tells LeBeau to stop playing the big cushion defense.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
Judging by all the reports (if indeed truthful reports), it seems like Mendenhall has been fully active in practice, and probably could have played 2 weeks ago if they really needed him to play. They just are being careful with his return by easing him back in after the bye week.
That's what I thought too. I agree with Bayz that there is no need to rush him, and I'm not certain that a less then 100% Mendy would be much of a help, but it does seem like he's ready to come back according to everything I read too.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

I am just honestly relieved that the team gets a rest this early in the season. After yesterdays debacle letting them rally, recuperate, and analyze/asses can only be a plus. ( I hope) LOL