Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #51
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142
Default Re: Ravens gifted another win by the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Dude, the Patriots defense stopped you MULTIPLE times only to see an official throw a flag and give the Ravens a free 1st and 10. This happened MULTIPLE times, ALL through out the game. More over, on more than one occassion the Patriots offense was robbed, including a phantom PI call on Edelman IN THE ENDZONE that robbed New England of ANOTHER TOUCHDOWN.

The announcers were LAUGHING it was so pathetic, culminating with Chris Collinsworth announcing on LIVE TELEVISION that the "only loser in this game was the fans."

And to put a cherry on top of it all, the game winning field goal...
WASN'T EVEN GOOD!!!!

So don't come at me with your "every team gets bad calls" bullcrap like this was just one questionable offsides call. That was complete highway robbery. It was banana republic football.

Your team is pathetic. New England is not going to be afraid to meet you again in the post season because we can go into that game completely aware that we completely DOMINATED you on offense and on defense in our first meeting, even if the scabs handed you a make believe win.

Sincerely yours,
a first and foremost disgusted football fan
Oh wow, dominated? How deep does your delusion go? Let's take a look at the numbers:

We out rushed you, out passed you, came away with higher QB rating, more TDs, higher 3rd down efficiency, higher avg gain per rush/pass/overall play, higher red zone efficiency, all while actually giving up MORE penalty yards than we received! So, if your definition of dominating is "doing slightly worse to much worse than your opponent", you sure dominated. If you think the refs were on anyone's 'side' you are freaking brain dead, as the zebras called more penalties on us and gave you more yards than they gave us.

Or hey, maybe they were just making it look good, and they KNEW it would come down to a sneaker that they could call our way!!

Honestly, are you that stupid, is your head that far up brady's bunghole? Please continue making an ass of yourself and the fanbase you represent, I am enjoying every minute of it.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #52
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Well, your pathetic team and your fan base has such a little brother syndrome in the AFC that it doesn't surprise me at all that you'll take this win* with glee but the fact of the matter is, you didn't impress with it because everyone knows it was bullshit.

Patriots proved without a shadow of a doubt they're a drastically superior football team.
BAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHA seriously, are you skip bayless?

You sure showed your superiority by losing!

Oh man, this is too good. Please keep talking!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #53
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
i've read all your comments along the thread and didn't care to respond to any of it (just typical "my team" stuff, hell...we do that around here).
But i take EXCEPTION to that comment. You do NOT have higher standards in New England. Both the Pittsburgh Steelers AND New England Patriots have very well run organizations, both known for class and smarts. There is no such thing as "higher standards" in NE. Both these organizations have the highest of standards.
I lived in NE from 2007-2010 and had the opportunity to watch both organizations closely, games, commentaries, fans, analysts, etc, etc, and etc and i never saw anything that made me think NE had a better or classier franchise. If anything, i felt incredibly lucky that i followed the greatest football organization in the NFL and that the people around me had no idea what it was like to have that. (although they had a good one).
I was comparing to the Ratbirds
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #54
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

You didn't even get your first 1st down until what? Deep into the second quarter? WHICH ALSO CAME ON A PENALTY? Yeah, you got more yards, which came in gift paper and a little bow from the officials moving you up the field.

The Patriots defense was up against a a Raven offense (lead by your goofy looking quarterback who is NOT anywhere close to elite) which had infinite downs.
Moving the ball with an unlimited amount of free downs isn't difficult.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #55
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Why in the hell do we have a Ratbird and the Brady Bunch going at it on a Steeler's forum? Isn't there some forum for fans of QB's who wear skirts to move this nonsense to?
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #56
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,147 Posts

Quote:
You didn't even get your first 1st down until what? Deep into the second quarter? WHICH ALSO CAME ON A PENALTY? Yeah, you got more yards, which came in gift paper and a little bow from the officials moving you up the field.

The Patriots defense was up against a a Raven offense (lead by your goofy looking quarterback who is NOT anywhere close to elite) which had infinite downs.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #57
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:

OK, the message that does not seem to be penetrating your skull.

Our total yards: 503
Our yards gained from penalties: 83 on 10 penalties

Your total yards: 396
Your yards gained from penalties: 135 on 14 penalties

Now let's do some math which I know will be very difficult for you.

503-83= 420

396-135=261

So, without the refs, we gained 420 yards, you gained 261. Anyway you cut it, you got beat. You played the best game you could and you just came. up. short.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #58
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
Why in the hell do we have a Ratbird and the Brady Bunch going at it on a Steeler's forum? Isn't there some forum for fans of QB's who wear skirts to move this nonsense to?
Yea Joe wears a skirt. I am guessing that is a crack about toughness. I mean, let's ignore the fact that Joe has never missed a game since he became our starter, and he plays in the same division as your QB, who does not have the attendance that Flacco does.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #59
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

For Steelers fans this thread has turned into what it must be like to live in an occupied country in which foreign nations are fighting
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #60
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,554 Times in 3,980 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
we will have none of that!

all parties in this thread have been properly vetted and our afc rival's fans have pretty much been respectful contributing members to this forum.

plus watching them fling shit at eachother is good entertainment, especially after a steelers loss.

i cant disagree with anything either side says!

carry on, guys (and i mean that about y'all being respectful of our steelers community- slight jabs are understood)