Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #31
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,496 Times in 2,759 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Seattle defeats Green Bay amidst greatest Ref controversy of the year

wow just when i thought the reffing couldn't possibly get worse than yesterday. this is just downright crazy
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #32
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Seattle defeats Green Bay amidst greatest Ref controversy of the year

Way to go Seahawks! knock the Pack to 1-2

hahahahaha

so don't leave it up to the refs to decide the game, GB had ONE TD the whole game, Seattle's defense owned their asses

Goodell is pissing on his own shield though, and that's hilarious to me
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #33
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!

Holen Sie mir meine Erschie▀ungskommando! Diese rebellische Steeler fan sofort erschossen haben!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #34
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Well, I said it last year (and was mocked for it at NFL.com) and I said it this year: The Packers are a over rated football team and their invincibility is a complete media invention. I honestly don't even think Aaron Rodgers is that good. He had amazing games, I suppose, but only coming off a lock out off season that had a noticeable effect on the league's defenses. As the season went on, Rodgers didn't look that great.

This year he looks HORRIBLE.

He hasn't had a decent game yet, even in their one win.

But if the Packers truly were hosed by the officials I can't take any joy in it as much as I was waiting with glee to see the Packers fall flat on their faces.

I didn't see the game, though. After the Patriots Ravens game i've lost all interest and enthusiasm in watching games that obviously aren't going to be decided on the field. Sounds like I was right.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #35
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,417 Times in 3,309 Posts

Union-buster Walker calls for return of union refs

Republican Gov. Scott Walker, who made a national name for himself by going after public employee unions last year, posted a message on Twitter calling for the return of the NFL's locked-out unionized officials after a disputed call led to a Seattle Seahawks 14-12 victory over the Packers on Monday night....

Walker's spokesman Cullen Werwie tried to spin the governor's post on Tuesday, saying it wasn't meant as a pro-union political statement. Walker's tweet was being widely mocked on Twitter in light of his push last year that effectively ended collective bargaining for teachers, nurses and most other public workers.

"I don't think this anything to do with unions, but has everything to do with refs making bad calls," Werwie said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

As a savvy older attorney once told me, sometimes your position on a particular issue depends on whether you are the f***er or the f***ee
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #36
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Way to go Seahawks! knock the Pack to 1-2

hahahahaha

so don't leave it up to the refs to decide the game, GB had ONE TD the whole game, Seattle's defense owned their asses

This. Where was the godly Rodgers at? For as much as we have to hear about GB in the media(Half the players they show on the Sunday Night Football intro are from GB?) you'd think they could keep their destiny in their own hands. Maybe they should have asked for a discount double check on that play?
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #37
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838

That was just god awful, I still have no idea how that was a TD...I was planning on going to Steelers/Giants Nov.4th, but not if these assclowns are still officiating games.

Trent Dilfer said it best last night, the NFL has stated over and over again about "protect the shield", when now its the NFL who is screwing everyone.
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #38
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838

NFL just released a statement saying the officials made the right call last night....WOW just WOW. **** Goodell
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #39
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain5643 View Post
That was just god awful, I still have no idea how that was a TD...I was planning on going to Steelers/Giants Nov.4th, but not if these assclowns are still officiating games.

Trent Dilfer said it best last night, the NFL has stated over and over again about "protect the shield", when now its the NFL who is screwing everyone.
The NFL has gotten way too big-headed. From the commissioner, to the owners, to the executives who run the league. They no longer give the fans what they want, they simply do whatever is economically best because they take for granted the fans will always be thee. So typical of a business that enjoys a surge of success, and then thinks they are invincible to any kind of backlash from its customers.

All these new contact rules are just a way for them to prevent and win lawsuits.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #40
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

it's all over but the crying

NFL Official Statement

NFL STATEMENT ON FINAL PLAY OF GREEN BAY PACKERS-SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAME

In Monday's game between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks, Seattle faced a 4th-and-10 from the Green Bay 24 with eight seconds remaining in the game.

Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson threw a pass into the end zone. Several players, including Seattle wide receiver Golden Tate and Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, jumped into the air in an attempt to catch the ball.

While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game. It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay.

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

The result of the game is final.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote