Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,143
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 5,139
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts
Default Re: Happy with Keisel and Hampton?

Are you guys serious?

I came on this site expecting common sense, and what I'm getting is a bunch of bullshit from people who think the season is over after 3 weeks. You guys can't be serious, can you? You guys are also saying Tomlin is hanging onto the veteran guys while not putting in the younger ones, which is valid, but he's doing so for a reason. You don't get to coach the Steelers if you don't have any idea what you're doing. Hampton has being playing decently enough for Woodley to at least apply some pressure on the left side. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if Harrison was healthy and getting to the quarterback on the right side. It would be rainbows and candy, and all this talk about Hampton would be viewed as ridiculous. He's one of the bright spots on an ailing defense right now.

It's tough right now and there's no getting around it. What we don't need, however, are people bitching like they are here about a system that's proven to work when we have our starters out there. Teams are smart enough to throw at Mundy when Troy or Ryan aren't out there because that's immediately the weakest point in our defense. LeBeau has had to adjust the defensive scheme because he doesn't have Harrison wreaking havoc on the right side with Troy roaming around the middle, forcing a quarterback to make poor decisions and create turnovers.

I do agree that it's probably time for LeBeau to hang 'em up, but that would bring in a new defensive philosophy -- something I'm all for. We have the talent to switch to a 4-3 defense with a few adjustments, but we're not doing so.

The defense is in trouble right now, but it's because Harrison and Polamalu aren't out there, thus defensive adjustments have to be made. Once they return, healthy and ready to go, Dick will adjust accordingly and we'll go from there. Bitching and moaning about a team that's 3 weeks into a season might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. This kind of talk isn't on Patriots and Packers sites, so why is it here?

The Steelers aren't in trouble yet. If, for whatever reason they are still struggling once we return to health, then it's time to push the panic button. Until then, all of this looks like it's coming from a fair-weather fanbase.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #22
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,696
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,243
Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,583 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: Happy with Keisel and Hampton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Are you guys serious?

I came on this site expecting common sense, and what I'm getting is a bunch of bullshit from people who think the season is over after 3 weeks. You guys can't be serious, can you? You guys are also saying Tomlin is hanging onto the veteran guys while not putting in the younger ones, which is valid, but he's doing so for a reason. You don't get to coach the Steelers if you don't have any idea what you're doing. Hampton has being playing decently enough for Woodley to at least apply some pressure on the left side. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if Harrison was healthy and getting to the quarterback on the right side. It would be rainbows and candy, and all this talk about Hampton would be viewed as ridiculous. He's one of the bright spots on an ailing defense right now.

It's tough right now and there's no getting around it. What we don't need, however, are people bitching like they are here about a system that's proven to work when we have our starters out there. Teams are smart enough to throw at Mundy when Troy or Ryan aren't out there because that's immediately the weakest point in our defense. LeBeau has had to adjust the defensive scheme because he doesn't have Harrison wreaking havoc on the right side with Troy roaming around the middle, forcing a quarterback to make poor decisions and create turnovers.

I do agree that it's probably time for LeBeau to hang 'em up, but that would bring in a new defensive philosophy -- something I'm all for. We have the talent to switch to a 4-3 defense with a few adjustments, but we're not doing so.

The defense is in trouble right now, but it's because Harrison and Polamalu aren't out there, thus defensive adjustments have to be made. Once they return, healthy and ready to go, Dick will adjust accordingly and we'll go from there. Bitching and moaning about a team that's 3 weeks into a season might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. This kind of talk isn't on Patriots and Packers sites, so why is it here?

The Steelers aren't in trouble yet. If, for whatever reason they are still struggling once we return to health, then it's time to push the panic button. Until then, all of this looks like it's coming from a fair-weather fanbase.
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!



Welcome to the forum.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #23
pittpete
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 374
Member Number: 5301
Thanks: 109
Thanked 206 Times in 119 Posts
Default Re: Happy with Keisel and Hampton?

Sorry Canada, too much generalizing in trying to prove your point.
Throwing at Mundy?
When did the Raiders throw at Mundy?
The CB's were eaten alive.
The DL play has been sub-par,which doesnt bode well for our ILBers.
Hood and Kiesel are generating no push.
Woodley seems to drop into coverage on every other play(maybe I'm generalizing now)
The sky isnt falling.
I will say that putting our hopes on a 34 year old James Harrison coming off a recent knee surgery and 2 lower back surgeries coming back to wreak havoc isnt all too promising.
I hope your right bro
__________________
pittpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #24
maddog78
Assistant Coach
 
maddog78's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,035
Member Number: 24321
Thanks: 45
Thanked 264 Times in 156 Posts
Default Re: Happy with Keisel and Hampton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Bettis was still productive and not an every down back at the end...He had FWP there with him...

Gildon was an All Pro in 2002, he left in 03'....

Stewart was indeed an issue...
How many years did he start Haggans while Harrison sat? '04 -> '06?
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #25
maddog78
Assistant Coach
 
maddog78's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,035
Member Number: 24321
Thanks: 45
Thanked 264 Times in 156 Posts
Default Re: Happy with Keisel and Hampton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
all this talk about Hampton would be viewed as ridiculous. He's one of the bright spots on an ailing defense right now.
Not trying to be smart, but are you watching the games? Focus on Casey on running plays. He is easily whisked out of the play by one guy. He's done.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #26
FacemeIke
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 357
Member Number: 11185
Thanks: 5
Thanked 36 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: Happy with Keisel and Hampton?

I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet, but I put a lot of that loss on Keisel for jumping offsides on 4th and 3. Oakland was clearly never going to snap that ball and was only trying to draw us offsides and it worked. They ended up getting 7 points instead of 3 on that drive. I just couldn't believe someone who has been around as long as Keisel did that. A rookie type mistake.
FacemeIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #27
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,116
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,644 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Happy with Keisel and Hampton?

fair-weather fanbase? I don't think so. Fair-weather means only being loyal during a time of success. I wouldn't confuse passion with loyalty.

Over-analyzing and over-reacting? That is passion IMO. There is all shades of grey in Steelers Nation. There are plenty of bandwagoners/fair-weather fans, then there are die-hards who either have a lot, a little, or no football knowledge that love the Steelers just the same.

All I know is that I got a similar feeling I had at the beginning of last season, only a little worse. And yea, Steelers Nation has been spoiled so I'd like to think those that are pissy after 3 games, know what a strong defense looks like, win, lose, or draw - and it doesn't look like one to me. I hope I'm proven wrong.
__________________

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #28
FrancoLambert
Head Coach
 
FrancoLambert's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: tony soprano's neighborhood
Posts: 1,907
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20827
Thanks: 1,694
Thanked 1,502 Times in 786 Posts
My Mood: Hot
Default Re: Happy with Keisel and Hampton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Are you guys serious?

I came on this site expecting common sense, and what I'm getting is a bunch of bullshit from people who think the season is over after 3 weeks. You guys can't be serious, can you? You guys are also saying Tomlin is hanging onto the veteran guys while not putting in the younger ones, which is valid, but he's doing so for a reason. You don't get to coach the Steelers if you don't have any idea what you're doing. Hampton has being playing decently enough for Woodley to at least apply some pressure on the left side. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if Harrison was healthy and getting to the quarterback on the right side. It would be rainbows and candy, and all this talk about Hampton would be viewed as ridiculous. He's one of the bright spots on an ailing defense right now.

It's tough right now and there's no getting around it. What we don't need, however, are people bitching like they are here about a system that's proven to work when we have our starters out there. Teams are smart enough to throw at Mundy when Troy or Ryan aren't out there because that's immediately the weakest point in our defense. LeBeau has had to adjust the defensive scheme because he doesn't have Harrison wreaking havoc on the right side with Troy roaming around the middle, forcing a quarterback to make poor decisions and create turnovers.

Oh Canada........

YOU are way off when you mistake justified criticism as "bullshit" and "a lack of common sense." Most of the fans here are very knowledgeable and very passionate.
Suggestion for you, re-watch the game and focus on the defensive line play.
You'll see a big problem there.
As for the "system," it has worked fine in the past but teams seem to have figured it out.
Now more than ever, offenses seem to call the right play at the right time.
Palmer changed the play at the line several times and it usually worked.
As for "Hampton has played decently." ?????





I do agree that it's probably time for LeBeau to hang 'em up, but that would bring in a new defensive philosophy -- something I'm all for. We have the talent to switch to a 4-3 defense with a few adjustments, but we're not doing so.

The defense is in trouble right now, but it's because Harrison and Polamalu aren't out there, thus defensive adjustments have to be made. Once they return, healthy and ready to go, Dick will adjust accordingly and we'll go from there. Bitching and moaning about a team that's 3 weeks into a season might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. This kind of talk isn't on Patriots and Packers sites, so why is it here?

The Steelers aren't in trouble yet. If, for whatever reason they are still struggling once we return to health, then it's time to push the panic button. Until then, all of this looks like it's coming from a fair-weather fanbase.
Oh Canada........

YOU are way off when you mistake justified criticism as "bullshit" and "a lack of common sense." Most of the fans here are very knowledgeable and very passionate.
Suggestion for you, re-watch the game and focus on the defensive line play.
You'll see a big problem there.
As for the "system," it has worked fine in the past but teams seem to have figured it out.
Now more than ever, offenses seem to call the right play at the right time.
Palmer changed the play at the line several times and it usually worked.
As for "Hampton has played decently." ?????
FrancoLambert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #29
Darkstorm05
Team Captain
 
Darkstorm05's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19897
Thanks: 7
Thanked 69 Times in 46 Posts
Default Re: Happy with Keisel and Hampton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Are you guys serious?

I came on this site expecting common sense, and what I'm getting is a bunch of bullshit from people who think the season is over after 3 weeks. You guys can't be serious, can you? You guys are also saying Tomlin is hanging onto the veteran guys while not putting in the younger ones, which is valid, but he's doing so for a reason. You don't get to coach the Steelers if you don't have any idea what you're doing. Hampton has being playing decently enough for Woodley to at least apply some pressure on the left side. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if Harrison was healthy and getting to the quarterback on the right side. It would be rainbows and candy, and all this talk about Hampton would be viewed as ridiculous. He's one of the bright spots on an ailing defense right now.

It's tough right now and there's no getting around it. What we don't need, however, are people bitching like they are here about a system that's proven to work when we have our starters out there. Teams are smart enough to throw at Mundy when Troy or Ryan aren't out there because that's immediately the weakest point in our defense. LeBeau has had to adjust the defensive scheme because he doesn't have Harrison wreaking havoc on the right side with Troy roaming around the middle, forcing a quarterback to make poor decisions and create turnovers.

I do agree that it's probably time for LeBeau to hang 'em up, but that would bring in a new defensive philosophy -- something I'm all for. We have the talent to switch to a 4-3 defense with a few adjustments, but we're not doing so.

The defense is in trouble right now, but it's because Harrison and Polamalu aren't out there, thus defensive adjustments have to be made. Once they return, healthy and ready to go, Dick will adjust accordingly and we'll go from there. Bitching and moaning about a team that's 3 weeks into a season might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. This kind of talk isn't on Patriots and Packers sites, so why is it here?

The Steelers aren't in trouble yet. If, for whatever reason they are still struggling once we return to health, then it's time to push the panic button. Until then, all of this looks like it's coming from a fair-weather fanbase.

Of course Tomlin is doing it for a reason. Otherwise he wouldn't be, would he? Whether or not the reasoning is good, is another matter. It doesn't seem like you've been watching the same games everyone else has. I have yet to see a single person before this post defending Hampton as putting up a performance worth the 5 mil he's collecting for it.

Ragging on Hampton(Or any other player) doesn't diminish ones fans status. Most of us are here for the Pittsburgh Steelers, not the Casey Hampton Football Hour. Those Patriots you mention have nothing to complain about because Brady is healthy, and they're actually all Brady fans. The day Brady retires the Patriots fan base goes away.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #30
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,753
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,515
Thanked 5,558 Times in 2,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Happy with Keisel and Hampton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
fair-weather fanbase? I don't think so. Fair-weather means only being loyal during a time of success. I wouldn't confuse passion with loyalty.

Over-analyzing and over-reacting? That is passion IMO. There is all shades of grey in Steelers Nation. There are plenty of bandwagoners/fair-weather fans, then there are die-hards who either have a lot, a little, or no football knowledge that love the Steelers just the same.

All I know is that I got a similar feeling I had at the beginning of last season, only a little worse. And yea, Steelers Nation has been spoiled so I'd like to think those that are pissy after 3 games, know what a strong defense looks like, win, lose, or draw - and it doesn't look like one to me. I hope I'm proven wrong.
pretty much. a fair weather fan's response to the last game would just be like "oh i guess we suck now, I'll go cheer for arizona. I won't throw away my terrible towel though, we might be good later" lol
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts