Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-27-2012, 02:19 AM   #1
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Romney and Obama - what's the difference?

[youtube]OsgsI40Q5ms#![/youtube]

Why are Republican voting bases and Democratic voting bases arguing over "their guy."
To me it's just a sad joke and American politics (of which I am a very active observer and participant) has become a complete absurdity.

These men are identical. What (Obama) is a Collectivist/Corporatist and the other (Romney) is a Corporatist/Collectivist.

When you're middle class or lower class is it really worth it to put so much passion into your downfall?

So you're a Democrat. Your family has always been a Democrat. You support the middle class and think corporations need to pay their fair share. You didn't support the wars or the Patriot act or the erosion of our civil liberties.

Great. Now ask Obama why he allowed GE to pay ZERO in taxes after all his rhetoric, why he's now killing anyone and everyone, EVEN AMERICAN CITIZENS with drone strikes, why he signed into law the NDAA which kills the 4th amendment and transforms us LITERALLY into the definition of a police state (even if said power hasn't been exercised yet) and started a whole bunch of new wars that's further destabilized the Middle East.

Oh, but he came to you with a smile. You thought he was different.

So you're a Republican. Your family has always been a Republican. You support small government, liberty for the individual, personal freedom and responsibility, and a "strong foreign policy to keep us safe."

Great. Prepare to have to fight your own candidate on virtually EVERYTHING the moment he takes office as if he's the very same man (Obama) that you now claim is trying to destroy the country. Get ready to get amnesty for 30 million illegals via executive order, signed by the pen of a REPUBLICAN, the invasion of Iran justified yet again by bogus war propaganda, and a locked in Obamacare courtesy of the man who created the prototype for it. Get ready to realize you've been fooled all over again by a man running against the Democrats who turns out to be the worst kind of what your Democrat stereotype is the moment he takes the oath of office which he'll start breaking 5 minutes later. Hope you like the feeling of a knife in the back.

How long before you guys realize that there isn't a dimes worth of difference between any of these candidates, and that nothing changes in this nation from one President to the next. What, ultimately, is the difference between George Bush and Obama? NOTHING. What, ultimately, is the difference between Obama and Romney? NOTHING AGAIN.

The political class is a ruling oligarchy. Each party has its slight and ultimately irrelevant differences and fight to have the power to give those differences federal funding by inventing arbitrary and irrelevant differences to get different blocks of votes, whether that be entitlements, abortion, "a strong national defense" and all that other garbage. It's window dressing.

Both parties are the same. Both candidates are the same. America is being sold out.
There will be no middle class soon, which is what has always separated America from the rest of the world. YOU'RE BEING WIPED OUT. First they both worked "in the spirit of bipartisanship" to break your mortgages which wiped out most of your value, they enriched themselves and their cronies on the corruption that produced our massive dept and now they're going to saddle the Middle Class with paying it off until we're a nation, like most other nations, of a wealthy aristocracy and political class, with serfs on the bottom, and NOTHING IN BETWEEN.

Know why Ron Paul was destroyed? Because he isn't a part of it.

Vote Gary Johnson. He'll be on the ballot in all 50 states.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Romney and Obama - what's the difference?

I think people should also consider Jill Stein of the Green Party. Rocky Anderson of the Justice Party is intriguing as well.

Any candidate that refuses to take corporate $$$ should be considered. How can there be a clearer sign of independence and conscience?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I think people should also consider Jill Stein of the Green Party. Rocky Anderson of the Justice Party is intriguing as well.

Any candidate that refuses to take corporate $$$ should be considered. How can there be a clearer sign of independence and conscience?
People should always consider all choices, not just what the media dishes out to them.

Here is a fun litmus test to see who you side with most on the issues. I took this a while ago when Paul was still in the GOP running, and because he's out of the race now, he no longer shows up in the results.

What was funny, was for giving mostly conservative answers (be sure to select the options of "choose another stance" to give more detailed answers), it showed I sided more with Obama than with Romney on the issues that were important to me. It was very slight, as both only came in just above 50% for me...but that was compared to the 98% I got with Johnson and 97% with Paul. Stein and Goode didn't even crack 25% for me. The results you see are interesting, to say the least.

http://www.isidewith.com/

They are also raising money to do Senate and House candidates. I think that would be a great idea for people. It would be such a helpful tool to get people to look at all their choices and learn about them and where they stand...not just sitting around listening to some talking head or 30 second commercial spot to get all their info.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365

Last edited by SteelCityMom; 09-27-2012 at 08:13 AM.
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts

Excellent writing as well NEPatriots...and I'm not just saying that because I agree with you. You articulate your thoughts well...much better than me who ends up sounding like a drunken sailor half the time lol.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Excellent writing as well NEPatriots...and I'm not just saying that because I agree with you. You articulate your thoughts well...much better than me who ends up sounding like a drunken sailor half the time lol.
Hanging out with Wally and Buddha will do that.