Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #21
stiller39
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4832
Default Re: Honestly, this one's over

I hear what you all are saying and have to agree with some of it. However, If ,and its a big if, we can get our running game going and keep the other team off the field and eat up the clock once we get a lead, I think our defense has enough to get it done.
stiller39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #22
jb500ex
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24020

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Ben "choked away" the game in Oakland by throwing for 384 yards, 4 TDs, and giving his defense a 10-point 4th quarter lead?

Maybe Eli needs to be clutchier. He's 79-54 in his career, Ben is 91-39, including playoffs for both.
Yeah and one has Two sb mvps and one was bad in two superbowls. Look at both have played the last few years Eli is the best qb in the league in crunch time it's not even close. For all the whining about injuries Eli won the sb last year with the worst running game in the league And 27 th ranked defense. When was the last time ben came up clutch at the end of the game? Both Denver games choked and all we needed was a first Down last week. Those are all facts
jb500ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #23
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

I'm not sure what a defence is, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and overlook the panic for now.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #24
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
Yeah and one has Two sb mvps and one was bad in two superbowls. Look at both have played the last few years Eli is the best qb in the league in crunch time it's not even close. For all the whining about injuries Eli won the sb last year with the worst running game in the league And 27 th ranked defense. When was the last time ben came up clutch at the end of the game? Both Denver games choked and all we needed was a first Down last week. Those are all facts
So your response to maddog's stats is some more of your angry opinion, which you then call "facts"? Is that about right?
Old 09-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #25
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera176 View Post
Dude, that was great timing!
why thank you

and still I get no karma
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #26
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Whatever. If Ben gets injured, we won't win another game.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #27
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Please. Eli Manning won two Super Bowl MVPs because of his last name and lineage more than anything else. I guarantee you if Ben's last name was "Manning," he would have gotten MVP for XLIII, because his stats in that game were practically identical to Eli's in XLII. The fact is, Manning is one Asante Samuel drop and one Wes Welker drop away from being 0-2 in Super Bowls himself.

By the way, how "clutch" was Manning last year when the Giants were 7-7 and in 2nd place in the NFC East heading into week 15? If it weren't for the Cowboys' annual December swoon, the Giants wouldn't have even made the playoffs to begin with.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #28
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,572 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Please. Eli Manning won two Super Bowl MVPs because of his last name and lineage more than anything else. I guarantee you if Ben's last name was "Manning," he would have gotten MVP for XLIII, because his stats in that game were practically identical to Eli's in XLII. The fact is, Manning is one Asante Samuel drop and one Wes Welker drop away from being 0-2 in Super Bowls himself.

By the way, how "clutch" was Manning last year when the Giants were 7-7 and in 2nd place in the NFC East heading into week 15? If it weren't for the Cowboys' annual December swoon, the Giants wouldn't have even made the playoffs to begin with.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:19 AM   #29
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Oh Oh time to move to the storm cellar ...... according to some reports out there the SKY is falling. I wish this would stay off this forum site.
We are only 3 weeks into the season and already some of you think we're in the running for the 1st overall pick. Or so it appears. Enjoy the weekend , have a drink and CALM DOWN!! We will be ok.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #30
beer72
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3508

I still have a lot off faith in the steelers. Its only the 3rd week and a bunch of football still needs to be played. Also i feel the steelers plays their absolute best football when everyone counts them out! Also say the steelers sweep the ratbirds....
beer72 is offline   Reply With Quote