Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #61
TheDude
Draft Prospect

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!
Member Number: 24204
Default Re: It's Scheme, not Talent.

talked about this, at great length, on the last podcast....the "schemes" arent fooling anyone.

We're not seeing blitzers coming free...and with respect to the constant 8 yard cushion being given by our CBs

TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #62
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
3 games? This has been going on for awhile. Don't let stats from last year fool you.

The scheme isn't based around any two players. It may seem like that because they are pretty much the only two players who give full effort in each game.

Didn't Clark recently say the defense is predictable?
Yes, he did, and he stated the obvious: "We're predictable... predictably great, year-in and year-out." And he's right. And please don't give me this "paper defense" non-sense. Numbers can be misleading for a while, but after 16 games you have a pretty accurate picture of how good or bad a defense is. After eight years the picture is crystal clear: Dick Lebeau knows what he's doing.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #63
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,268 Times in 641 Posts

They need to all be like David Caruso in JADE!
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #64
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,967 Times in 2,352 Posts
My Mood: Fine

steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #65
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Our only talent is Woodley and he gets double teamed. Or they have an extra blocker waiting for him to get through to pick him up. Our LB's need to stay back becuase our CORNERS Fing suck, including the great shut don CB Ike Taylor. All this leads to no pass rush again for the 2nd year.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #66
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Our only talent is Woodley and he gets double teamed. Or they have an extra blocker waiting for him to get through to pick him up. Our LB's need to stay back becuase our CORNERS Fing suck, including the great shut don CB Ike Taylor. All this leads to no pass rush again for the 2nd year.
LB's "staying back" opened up the middle of the field.

Any corner can look terrible when he's constantly asked to give receivers 10 yard cushions. We took away the deep ball, but the Raiders were more than happy to go underneath and middle. Just as Denver was.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #67
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,268 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
hahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahha, money!!!!
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #68
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
I'm 34 years old sally, I am not an old foggie, whatever that lame ass word means.
Wow-- somebody has anger issues, not to mention denials about his age....

"Old foggie" refers to those of us that have been around long enough to know better. 34 is probably older than a majority of the people posting on internet forums, not to mention the guys playing the sport on the field.

I am sorry if your masculinity was challenged by me caling you "old", but so you know where I am coming from-- I turn 35 in November.

Quote:
You lost your entire argument with "Goodell is not the problem". Goodell is a tumor that will continue to grow.
So what you are saying...is that you want to rant and rave like a fxxking 5 year old and not listen to anybody else who tries to make things easier for your simple mind to comprehend. I got ya.

Somebody already pointed out to you, that Goodell is not single-handedly changing the rules of the game-- there is a committee that does that. But don't let facts get in the way of your willful ignorance, Twinkie.

Your dog got run over in the street? Goodell's fault.

You went bankrupt? Goodell's fault.

Wife left you? Goodell's fault.

Quote:
And if you want two hand touch football, then you can go watch that crap with goodell and all the brainwashed slaps.
"Brainwashed slaps"? Wow, not only are you totally ignorant, but you are as about as articulate as the average Klingon, and obviously failed the reading comprehension portion of the SAT. You are the pride of Appalachia, for sure....

I quite clearly stated that I am NOT a fan of all the new rules changes. You seem to have a problem discerning the difference between 'stating the facts' and 'agreeing with the facts'.

Quote:
Maybe people like you can go govern MMA and Boxing too so that they dont punch each other in the face, only on the shoulder so they do not get brain damage.
Again, nowhere in my post did I say anything remotely hinting that I agree with all the new rules changes-- I simply corrected your misconceptions and ignorant assumptions.

I personally could not care too much less if they all get brain damage. Again, I was simply correcting your misconceptions. You want to blame Goodell for everything under the sun, but the fact is that the NFL is trying to make itself less liable in court by looking serious about safety. And the reason they are doing that is because some 3400 lawsuits are currently in the systrem right now, filed by former players who spent all their $$$$ and claim the NFL didn't warn them properly of the health consequences of colliding with each other some 1100 times per season.

Now go smash a beer can on your forehead and eat a good book, Twinkie. I think I have taxed your brain enough for one day.

Last edited by Riddle_Of_Steel; 09-27-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Riddle_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #69
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

OK. OK.... Let's bring it down a few notches here. I don't want a perfectly good thread getting derailed by personal attack ping pong.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #70
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
OK. OK.... Let's bring it down a few notches here. I don't want a perfectly good thread getting derailed by personal attack ping pong.
Agreed.