Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,040 Times in 3,058 Posts
Default presidential debate

seemed like a fairly tame, uneventful, and somewhat repectful debate (despite the replacement ref jim leher in place of the locked out mod).

absolutely no fireworks.

i thought obama coulda done better. he seemed bored and kinda annoyed to be there. looked like he was reading tweets and texts on his IPhone while romney was speaking. woulda helped to appear a bit more engaged.

romney did much better than i thought he would (not that my bar for him was set much higher than a grasshoppers knees) and seemed very well prepared.

although he was articulate and well spoken, i think he was just off on many of his points.

i dont think any more people came away hating him than already did.

i would say watching the nfl networks third installment of bill belichick "A Football Life- The 1995 Cleveland Browns" featuring the one and only Bill Belichick (starring bill belichick ) was much more entertaining.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Re: presidential debate

I hate them both.
Been voting for the lesser of two evils my entire adult life.

Never again.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

GDI I missed a Belichick centered `A Football Life`?!
M$&#^ER F&#^ER!
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Obama seemed lost without a teleprompter. Romney pounded on him, probably won't matter with all the people Obama giving food stamps to.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
Obama seemed lost without a teleprompter. Romney pounded on him, probably won't matter with all the people Obama giving food stamps to.
food stamps? thats chump change. GOP looks at that like setting out roach baits in their mansions.

romney is going to make it rain to the tune of 5 trillion dollars. how many yacht stamps and private jet stamps do you look to get if he is elected?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
food stamps? thats chump change. GOP looks at that like setting out roach baits in their mansions.

romney is going to make it rain to the tune of 5 trillion dollars. how many yacht stamps and private jet stamps do you look to get if he is elected?
you bought that line of BS about 5 trillion just like the line about hope and change 4 years ago. One thing Obama has proven is he can sell ice to eskimos. I am middle class and not for a minute believe Obama when he said he saved me 4300 or whatever the figure was. I lost 800 in a tax credit he let go and will be taxed on my 1600 a month heath care plan I get from work when his Obama care is passed. Funny too that Obama had the audacity to criticize Romney about being vague when he ran on hope and change in 2008. Funny chit. Don't you libs get tired of getting lied to.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #7
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,677 Times in 1,647 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Obama's performance was pure shit tonight and I haven't heard anyone compliment him on it yet. Not that it matters. He WILL be president again.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
you bought that line of BS about 5 trillion just like the line about hope and change 4 years ago. One thing Obama has proven is he can sell ice to eskimos. I am middle class and not for a minute believe Obama when he said he saved me 4300 or whatever the figure was. I lost 800 in a tax credit he let go and will be taxed on my 1600 a month heath care plan I get from work when his Obama care is passed. Funny too that Obama had the audacity to criticize Romney about being vague when he ran on hope and change in 2008. Funny chit. Don't you libs get tired of getting lied to.
so romneys flip-flop on his 5 trillion dollar tax cut went right over your head as well?

so you were being given $800 that you are no longer being given? doesnt sound like its lost at all to me.

sucks you have to pay taxes on a health care plan you were GIVEN at work. i have to as well.

my company also started making me pay taxes on the brand new 2010 chevy tahoe i have been driving around in and the gas i use.

WHAAAAA!!!!!!!!! woe is me!!!!!!

poor meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Old 10-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,336 Times in 2,901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Obama's performance was pure shit tonight and I haven't heard anyone compliment him on it yet. Not that it matters. He WILL be president again.
Agreed he was listless again like he was in his acceptance speech at the Dem convention -maybe he has a thyroid problem?

Do not agree this will not matter - the country was looking for an excuse to fire Carter but did not decide to do so until Reagan kicked his ass in the debate - same dynamic could start happening here
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #10
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,336 Times in 2,901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i would say watching the nfl networks third installment of bill belichick "A Football Life- The 1995 Cleveland Browns" featuring the one and only Bill Belichick (starring bill belichick ) was much more entertaining.
I had forgotten how much of the Ravens organization was rooted in the Belichick regime at Cleveland - no surprise why the Patriots and Ravens are the 2 organizations I despise (although I cannot blame Belichick for Harbaugh)
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote