Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #11
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: Ed: Tomlin Wanted to Sign Vick With Steelers

Vick is the perfect example of how fantasy leagues have horribly skewed the perception of what makes a good football player.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #12
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,551 Times in 5,969 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Steelers notebook: Eagles QB Vick has shined against Pittsburgh

By Alan Robinson
Published: Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Quarterback Michael Vick will face the Steelers for only the third time in 10 years and the first with Philadelphia.

Vick had two huge games against them with Atlanta — a 34-34 tie in 2002 at Heinz Field in which he led the Falcons back from a 17-point deficit in the fourth quarter and a 41-38 win in 2006 when he threw for four touchdowns.

“He has a skill set that is unique,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. “He’s extremely quick and fast. He can get out of tough spots. He’s got a quick release.”

Vick has thrown for 526 yards and five touchdowns and rushed for 78 yards and a score against the Steelers.

• Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger couldn’t contain his excitement during training camp as rookie Chris Rainey excelled as a receiver out of the backfield, a kick returner and a speed back capable of breaking off long runs. But Rainey has been almost invisible during the regular season, carrying six times for 15 yards and returning only one punt, although he has four kickoff returns. He had two carries for 7 yards against Oakland as the Steelers tried four backs — Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer, Baron Batch and Rainey — in an unsuccessful effort to generate a running game.

• The Steelers will try to avoid losing consecutive games for the first time since dropping five in a row late in 2009. They were 12-4 each of the past two seasons. “I think that anybody that’s extremely competitive and has been good over an extended period of time, you understand you can’t have losing streaks,” Tomlin said. “We’re interested in stacking wins. We’re stacking zero right now because we lost the last time we played.”

• The Steelers have won following their bye week each of the past four seasons. “It’s an opportunity to self-evaluate, see where we are and work on some areas of needed improvement,” Tomlin said. Asked if this bye week came too early, he said, “I haven’t run across a bye week that didn’t seem to come in a timely manner.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz28JR1COdz
Old 10-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

I would hate the Steelers if they brought in Vick. I hate that they even considered it. Filthedelphia is a good fit for him. Moral cesspool town, moral cesspool QB.

At least BR has reportedly grown up, at least a little. I doubt that he has magically become a bright beacon of humanity, but hopefully he is somewhat less self-absorbed now.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #14
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
I would hate the Steelers if they brought in Vick. I hate that they even considered it. Filthedelphia is a good fit for him. Moral cesspool town, moral cesspool QB.

At least BR has reportedly grown up, at least a little. I doubt that he has magically become a bright beacon of humanity, but hopefully he is somewhat less self-absorbed now.
aaaaaaaaamen
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
TheDude
Draft Prospect

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!
Member Number: 24204

cue Frank Drebban from Naked Gun

nothing to see here!

TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #16
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,312 Times in 3,488 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
he had one good year.. he's been his same old inconsistent self since then. I still can't stand him and am glad the Rooneys never gave in. What the hell would he have done here anyhow? He can't hold Ben's jock. An overrated video game hero. I don't care if goes out and throws for 400 yards Sunday. It still won't change my opinion of him.
I agree he can't hold ben's jock in a million years, but I was comparing him to our backup QB's, and he's better than anything we have behind ben. I would consider backup QB a position of need since lefty is made of glass and batch is 200 years old
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #17
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
he had one good year.. he's been his same old inconsistent self since then. I still can't stand him and am glad the Rooneys never gave in. What the hell would he have done here anyhow? He can't hold Ben's jock. An overrated video game hero. I don't care if goes out and throws for 400 yards Sunday. It still won't change my opinion of him.

What? Ben is lucky he's still capable of holding his own jock strap; lets not forget all the drama this guy has caused the past few yrs. Two rape accusations; no, he was never convicted, but where there is smoke, there is fire. I don't care for Michael Vick as a QB, never has; personally, I think the main reason he went down is due to his arrogance. Playing in Pittsburgh? I couldn't see that; but what amazes me is this, #7 being accused twice of raping two women and he's still on the team. I don't trust that guy, something with him isn't right too.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #18
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,981 Times in 1,018 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
did you watch Sean Lee making 14 tackles against the Bears on Monday night?

but hey, who would want him when you can draft a guy who never gets hurt like Jason Worilds instead?
Lee is a tackling machine. How did we pass on him?
His instincts and ability to read the play are amazing.
I've watched all their games......he's consistently been their best defensive player.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #19
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,551 Times in 5,969 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
Lee is a tackling machine. How did we pass on him?
His instincts and ability to read the play are amazing.
I've watched all their games......he's consistently been their best defensive player.
the frustrating thing for me is that the Steelers had a first round grade on Sean Lee and still passed on him in the second round over Jason Worilds who gets hurt when he sneezes too hard.

a classic case of not sticking to the BPA theory and drafting for need instead...
Old 10-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #20
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,457 Times in 10,332 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel95 View Post
What? Ben is lucky he's still capable of holding his own jock strap; lets not forget all the drama this guy has caused the past few yrs. Two rape accusations; no, he was never convicted, but where there is smoke, there is fire. I don't care for Michael Vick as a QB, never has; personally, I think the main reason he went down is due to his arrogance. Playing in Pittsburgh? I couldn't see that; but what amazes me is this, #7 being accused twice of raping two women and he's still on the team. I don't trust that guy, something with him isn't right too.
You are here in therapy, because you got caught. How do you keep from getting caught? Yes, Ben Roethlisberger...

Don't screw girls in public bathrooms...???

Yes. Mr. Letterman...

Uh... when they ask for your money, pay them...???
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote