Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,069 Times in 2,612 Posts
Default Re: ...and here come the Steelers shooting off their mouths and acting cocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I always laugh at any players talking shit before games, especially when they're on losing teams

but you could be right, this is probably Tomlin playing 3 dimensional chess and our REAL attack is going after Nhamdi
i hope so.

there was much speculation that philly had cut off his raider balls and he wasnt being used to his man to man strengths last year, and he has flat out looked like shit in 2 games this year.

torry smith abused him.

we have yet to allow ben to rain 5 bombs on wallace in a game and this may be the week to unleash him. if i had to guess, asomugha will be expecting it.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #22
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,381 Times in 2,284 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: ...and here come the Steelers shooting off their mouths and acting cocky

brown shouldn't be running his mouth after coughing up the game last week. I love the guy but man, just play the game especially after last week's embarassment he personally had a hand in
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #23
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I forgot what I was going to say.
"We're going to unleash hell"
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #24
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
"We're going to unleash hell"
It does feel like 2009. Already 2 loses to AFC West teams, lost a good sized lead to a true bottom feeder, and a bunch of injuries.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #25
Fire Haley
Banned

Brandon Boykin responds to Antonio Brown's 'candy bar' comment

Brandon Boykin's phone started buzzing this morning. His brother was "fired up" when he called.

There was an article in the (Washington and Greene Counties) Observer-Reporter in which Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown called Boykin the "candy bar" in the Eagles' secondary, meaning the Steelers can take advantage of him.

"That's his opinion," Boykin said Thursday. "That's funny to me. We're just going to continue doing what we've been doing as a secondary, and me as well."

Boykin said he didn't understand the joke. When he learned it was an insult, he tried to take the high road.

"We'll see on Sunday," Boykin said. "The game's on Sunday. There's no point in rah-rahing in the media on Thursday. I'll let my game do the talking."

Boykin even said it's a good thing that other receivers are taking a notice of him. He knows that teams are going to try to take advantage of him because he's a rookie fourth-round pick in the slot, and Pro Bowlers Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Nnamdi Asomugha are on the outside. Boykin has welcomed that challenge through four games, and has defended the likes of Larry Fitzgerald and Victor Cruz.

Boykin did not know if it was Brown's personality to call him out in public. In fact, Boykin said he didn't eve known who Brown was until he started preparing for the game.

"I don't know too much about Antonio Brown," Boykin said. "I just found out who he was this week."

Boykin has never been called out before. He said it doesn't happen in college, but players have more leeway in the NFL. He figured that Brown is trying to get into his head, but Boykin said it's not going to affect how he plays.

"It's good he's pointing me out and it's not doing anythng other than giving me a little more attention," Boykin said. "I got to go out and do what I do. And if I do right, he's actually helped me in a sense. So tell him I appreciate it."

So Boykin's first foray into NFL public trash talking went as smooth as possible. He recognized it was an insult, but he did not want to trade public barbs with Brown.

"It's up to me to do what I got to do to make sure they don't treat me like a candy bar, or whatever they said," Boykin said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...r-comment.html
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #26
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,381 Times in 2,284 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Brandon Boykin responds to Antonio Brown's 'candy bar' comment

Brandon Boykin's phone started buzzing this morning. His brother was "fired up" when he called.

There was an article in the (Washington and Greene Counties) Observer-Reporter in which Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown called Boykin the "candy bar" in the Eagles' secondary, meaning the Steelers can take advantage of him.

"That's his opinion," Boykin said Thursday. "That's funny to me. We're just going to continue doing what we've been doing as a secondary, and me as well."

Boykin said he didn't understand the joke. When he learned it was an insult, he tried to take the high road.

"We'll see on Sunday," Boykin said. "The game's on Sunday. There's no point in rah-rahing in the media on Thursday. I'll let my game do the talking."

Boykin even said it's a good thing that other receivers are taking a notice of him. He knows that teams are going to try to take advantage of him because he's a rookie fourth-round pick in the slot, and Pro Bowlers Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Nnamdi Asomugha are on the outside. Boykin has welcomed that challenge through four games, and has defended the likes of Larry Fitzgerald and Victor Cruz.

Boykin did not know if it was Brown's personality to call him out in public. In fact, Boykin said he didn't eve known who Brown was until he started preparing for the game.

"I don't know too much about Antonio Brown," Boykin said. "I just found out who he was this week."

Boykin has never been called out before. He said it doesn't happen in college, but players have more leeway in the NFL. He figured that Brown is trying to get into his head, but Boykin said it's not going to affect how he plays.

"It's good he's pointing me out and it's not doing anythng other than giving me a little more attention," Boykin said. "I got to go out and do what I do. And if I do right, he's actually helped me in a sense. So tell him I appreciate it."

So Boykin's first foray into NFL public trash talking went as smooth as possible. He recognized it was an insult, but he did not want to trade public barbs with Brown.

"It's up to me to do what I got to do to make sure they don't treat me like a candy bar, or whatever they said," Boykin said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...r-comment.html
yeah sure he didn't know who brown, who made the pro bowl last year was. sure he didn't.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #27
Fire Haley
Banned

He's a rookie - he was playing in college last year, consumed with chasing skirts, I can see that.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #28
TheDude
Draft Prospect

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!
Member Number: 24204

hey Antonio

A fish who never opens his mouth, never gets caught

shut the F@%k up

TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #29
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,226 Times in 3,940 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Keep this kind of stuff in the locker room, don't let it get in the papers.
I agree, how is revealing the game plan to your opponent helpful?
Old 10-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #30
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
I always laugh at any players talking shit before games, especially when they're on losing teams

but you could be right, this is probably Tomlin playing 3 dimensional chess and our REAL attack is going after Nhamdi
Fxxking A.

This goes back to that "young money" crap we were discussing in another thread. As a fan of this team, and the prestigious history that it carries, I sure as hell wish our guys would take the high road and just STFU. At 1-2 and 3rd place in the division, they have NO ROOM to be talking crap on anyone at all-- especially not the guy who hucked up the ball twice in the last outing (and I am a die hard Brown fan).

I couldn't even believe what I was reading.

Do the talking on Sunday with your pads, not on Thursday with the press. "Young money" indeed..... Learn from Heath-- he makes a big play and goes back to the huddle. THAT is a consummate professional.

At least Cotchery showed class with his comments. I can now see why he does not play for that trainwreck in the Meadowlands anymore.