Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #51
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: ...and here come the Steelers shooting off their mouths and acting cocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I knew a dude, in high school, who was a total sports stud. And then... he went out for cheer, to be the guy who holds up the cheerleaders.

We laughed... we called him names... until we realized his genius.

Looking back, I don't daydream about my sports highlights... as much as I wish I could have been a cheer-dude.
LOL. Everybody in HS always talked shiate on the male cheerleaders, but notice how they are always looking up, and always SMILING like The Dude during the dream sequence when he was floating down the lanes?

Thats why I don't understand the Brain Orakapo/GEICO commercial....most of us would crawl a desert to be at the bottom of the pyramid.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #52
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts
Default Re: ...and here come the Steelers shooting off their mouths and acting cocky

Quote:
No, but I do believe that I have seen you personally in plenty of threads this offseason criticizing the pundits for picking us to go 6-10, and then playing the infamous "Steelers play better when disrespected" card.

You can't have it both ways.
you believe wrong and are clearly thinking of someone else. i dont wave thos pom-poms, but will admit that the steelers seem to play their best when written off, focused, under the radar, and nobody else is giving them a shot.

big difference between a ROOKIE 4th rounder 4 games into his career and a veteran 6tth rounder that has LEAD his team to multiple super bowls as an every game STARTER.

anyways y'all are missing the boat and i bet boykin is just as distracted and overconsumed with browns comments as the scurred fanz are-

when the steelers go 11 personnel, it will be sanders lined up in the slot. that will be boykins man, and manny will eat his lunch.

if the eagles wanna put the midget on miller, brown or wallace, the rest of the team and i welcome it.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #53
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,004 Times in 2,117 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Had to stop by and get my daily dose of panic and bitching. Thanks, i'm full.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #54
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 13,824 Times in 5,684 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I knew a dude, in high school, who was a total sports stud. And then... he went out for cheer, to be the guy who holds up the cheerleaders.

We laughed... we called him names... until we realized his genius.

Looking back, I don't daydream about my sports highlights... as much as I wish I could have been a cheer-dude.

I used to make fun of those guys too but in hindsight I was the one who really missed out by playing football instead...

Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #55
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Had to stop by and get my daily dose of panic and bitching. Thanks, i'm full.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #56
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 24,513 Times in 9,933 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
LOL. Everybody in HS always talked shiate on the male cheerleaders, but notice how they are always looking up, and always SMILING like The Dude during the dream sequence when he was floating down the lanes?

Thats why I don't understand the Brain Orakapo/GEICO commercial....most of us would crawl a desert to be at the bottom of the pyramid.
The look on The Dude's face... priceless.

Pyramid: LOL Some people would pay good money for this sort of fantasy.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #57
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 24,513 Times in 9,933 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
I used to make fun of those guys too but in hindsight I was the one who really missed out by playing football instead...

Dealing with 220 lb monsters who didn't understand the concept of deodorant VERSUS holding up a co-ed by her thighs...

Yep, option two seems better.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #58
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 13,824 Times in 5,684 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Steelers get ready for hard offensive challenge

Career interceptions by Eagles defensive backs: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie 16, Nnamdi Asomugha 14, Kurt Coleman 7, Nate Allen 5, Colt Anderson 0, Brandon Boykin 0, Brandon Hughes 0, Curtis Marsh 0, David Sims 0.

Career touchdown catches by Steelers wide receivers: Mike Wallace 27, Jerricho Cotchery 20, Emmanuel Sanders 4, Antonio Brown 3.

By Alan Robinson
Published: Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Steelers’ wide receivers are hoping Halloween arrives a little early.

Trick or treat bags in hand, they apparently can’t wait for Eagles rookie nickel back Brandon Boykin to open the candy drawer and start passing out goodies. Especially touchdowns.

With the Steelers’ passing game producing at a record level through three games — Ben Roethlisberger is the NFL’s No. 2-ranked quarterback — wide receivers Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders face a challenging matchup Sunday in Eagles cornerbacks Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Asomugha is 6-foot-2, 210 pounds and, to Wallace, might be the NFL’s best active cornerback now that Darrelle Revis of the Jets is hurt. Rodgers-Cromartie, who already has three interceptions, is 6-2 and 180. Asomugha and Rodgers-Cromartie use their size to their advantage by pressing receivers at the line of scrimmage.

“They’re really athletic guys,” Wallace said. “They get after it every game, so you’ve got to keep your head on a swivel and just be ready.”

But it is Boykin who appears to offer the best opportunity for targeting by a deep and productive receiving corps. At 5-9, 182, he isn’t as physically imposing as Asomugha and Rodgers-Cromartie, and the fourth-round pick from Georgia nicknamed “Bam” has played only four NFL games.

Brown is already circling Boykin’s name, memorizing his No. 22.

“I don’t know where ‘The Candy Bar’ came from,” Brown said when asked about his confectionary-sweet description of the rookie.

“They’ve got two Pro Bowl-productive corners, so we’re looking for some opportunities.”

Boykin appears to offer the most tantalizing matchup for Roethlisberger, who averages 301.3 yards per game passing. But since Asomugha and Rodgers-Cromartie are more likely to cover Wallace and Brown, slot receiver Sanders could draw Boykin.

Sanders seems as confident as Brown that there is yardage to be gained against the Eagles (3-1), no matter how many Pro Bowlers man their secondary.

“He’s a rookie, he’s finding his own, he’s playing football to the best of his ability,” Sanders said of Boykin, not exactly flattering him with praise.

Boykin has been targeted 20 times, allowing nine catches for 103 yards.

“This game is about mismatches, and that’s what it is,” Sanders said. “Right now, honestly, all across the board matchup-wise, Mike can definitely take Nnamdi Asomugha. We definitely could take any one of their corners. It’s all about finding the right matchup for the defensive scheme they’re playing.”

During the Eagles’ 19-17 win Sunday over the Giants, Boykin sometimes lined up against elite receiver Victor Cruz. The result? “The Giants threw the ball to Victor Cruz,” Sanders said.

The more-experienced Wallace isn’t talking as confidently as Brown and Sanders about finding weaknesses in the Eagles’ defense.

“(Boykin) is getting better every week,” Wallace said. “I’ve seen him make some plays on tape, I’ve seen him do well. I think he has some potential. He’s inexperienced, but he’s not going to let us go out there and make plays all over the field. He’s going to be ready to play. But at the same token we’re going to be ready, too.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz28OX154il
Old 10-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #59
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
maaaaan **** brandon boykin!

who the hell cares if the steelers receivers say theyre going to snack on him?

comparing a 4th round nickel back part time player to tom brady is rediculous. i remember plenty of times the steelers were dead silent and got their asses kicked by the patriots just the same.

i also remember j. porter calling that scrub jerame stevens his bitch and then going out on the filed and making that mental midget look like it.

you meant to tell me all the steelers need is for opponents to call cortez allen a "pudding cup" and he will start taking over and winning games for us?

get real.

mike vick called casey hampton "big snack". put that on your BB's
+1!!!!! Boykin should be scared shitless! Young $$ ate up CB's waaaaaaay better than him!
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #60
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySteel86 View Post
+1!!!!! Boykin should be scared shitless! Young $$ ate up CB's waaaaaaay better than him!
Who? They normally disappear in big games and against better competition .... They are good but somewhat overrated till they win some big games....Ala Hines Ward!