Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,844 Times in 4,489 Posts
Default Re: Bruce Arians new Head Coach of Colts...

tomlin talks about his men stepping into stadiums, defending every blade of grass and winning the battle of attrition.

arians talks about snot bubbles...

pure genius at work, right there.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
tony hipchest
Supporter

Default Bruce Arians further proves why he is the dumbest piece of shit idiot EVER

"snot bubbles and butt nugs"????

i cant believe the rooneys allowed this jagoff to walk into their building as long as they did.

anyone who still defends this walking turd is just as mentally challenged as him and should be ashamed to show their face on any steelers message board ever again.

THIS is why ben was the most sacked qb in the league the 5 years that asshole was coach-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews tends to draw extra attention on a weekly basis. Straight double teams. Chips from tight ends and backs. Anything to slow down the long-haired whirling dervish.

Interim coach Bruce Arians said his Indianapolis Colts can't sacrifice offensive options to solely focus on Matthews.

"You can get overwhelmed trying to chip and help and do things that I call butt nug," Arians said. "You're all blocked up and there's nowhere to throw the ball. You've got to have guys go out.

"I don't think you can overly concern yourself with a guy. You challenge who's blocking him because they move him all around. It's not going to be Anthony Castonzo the whole game. He's going to be inside putting spin moves on whoever is playing guard, he's going to be on the right side. You say you can account for him, but he's not where you put him and you're over there chipping someone who doesn't need to be chipped.

"Get your guys out, let the quarterback read his patterns and play football."

Arians compared it to his time spent in Cleveland as offensive coordinator from 2001 to 2003. He learned a lesson trying to block Jevon Kearse and Kevin Carter.

"We tried to put a tight end on one and a halfback on the other and we got sacked about eight times," Arians said. "Then we went empty, spread out and threw it quick, we got hit a couple times, but we beat them."

Matthews, surely, welcomes the challenge. He ranks No. 2 in the NFL with seven sacks and is the favorite in most one-on-one matchups.

Arians' decision is a bold one considering the line has been the weak link of the Colts' offense. The unit has allowed just five sacks, but much of that is because of Andrew Luck's ability to avoid them. It doesn't help that center Samson Satele has a bad left knee and hasn't been able to finish the last two games.

The Matthews dynamic will be one to watch.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #13
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,416 Times in 2,369 Posts

I'm so glad he's gone.

Maybe he's just trying to trick em.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #14
tony hipchest
Supporter

i wish i could laugh, but i am disgusted with this fool.

i mean i always knew he was a blabbering idiot, and his airhead decisions on the field spoke for itself, but the rooneys and tomlin tried to keep him under wraps.

now with "shits n giggles" irsay writing his checks (and probably re-tweeting his poopie wisdom), the neanderthal nincompoop is free to remove all doubt.

he is a black eye on this franchise and cost the steelers their 7th SB title with his refusal to properly gameplan vs the likes of clay matthews/charles woodson, and his refusal to allow ben to call his own plays until he has to bail the coaches ignorant ass out of a loss.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #15
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Colts fans are already getting sick of him.

Their once-dependable O-Line play is starting to decline and Luck is under constant pressure. Hmmm...I wonder why...

Check this out too, from the Jags game...

Quote:
The colts had a poor 2nd half. They only scored 3 points and to make matters worse, the Jaguars scored 19 points. Getting outscored 19-3 in the 2nd half will lose you 98% of games.
The Arians Offense falling asleep in the Second Half? NO WAY. Impossible! I never heard THAT before!
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #16
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

As for Matthews, Classic Arians logic.

"Clay Matthews is a ferocious pass rusher this season, we should gameplan for him, but I know the Packers know we're gameplanning for him, so I won't gameplan for him at all! THAT'LL FOOL THOSE PACKERS!"

Clay Matthews will have a field day.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

One of the most ironic parts of that article is the bit about Arians offense focusing on the tight end. Arians ignored his pro bowl calibre tight end Heath Miller for years.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #18
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,298 Times in 3,479 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

wow the colts pulled off a win being down big vs the pack, i have to say im really surprised.

arians still sucks
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #19
tony hipchest
Supporter

kudos to the colts pulling out the win in temultuous times. Irsay gave a gameball to chuck pagano, but reggie wayne pulled out another gameball for the nfl village idiot bruce arians, who kept the team fucused and led them to a win.

kudos to bruce (i never thought it were possible even under the most motivating circumstances), and kudos to pagano giving him the shot nobody else would.

[YOUTUBE]PLZX33TkA6o[/YOUTUBE]
Old 10-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #20
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

It was great the Colts won given Coach Pagano's illness, but this story indicates that Bruce Arians is still a jackass

Bruce Arians won his first game as the Colts’ interim head coach on Sunday, but in the process he appeared at one point to make a rookie mistake: He picked up an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for throwing the challenge flag on a play when the Packers scored, which is not allowed because every scoring play is automatically reviewed.

Arians, however, says that wasn’t a mistake at all: It was an intentional attempt to get referee Walt Anderson’s attention.

“I knew I couldn’t throw the flag,” Arians said today, in comments distributed by the team’s PR staff. “I’m throwing it anyway. Everybody in the press box told me I couldn’t throw the flag. I wanted to talk to those officials. He’s going to kick it into to end zone anyway and we’ll get it on the 20. It doesn’t matter. I heard from upstairs, ‘Coach, it’s not challengeable’, I don’t care.”

Arians said he didn’t believe the Packers actually scored on the play in question, and he wanted to argue with the ref about it regardless of whether he had any chance to win the argument, and even knowing that wrongly throwing a challenge flag is a 15-yard penalty.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dnt-challenge/
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote