Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #61
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,605 Times in 1,625 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: ...and here come the Steelers shooting off their mouths and acting cocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Who? They normally disappear in big games and against better competition .... They are good but somewhat overrated till they win some big games....Ala Hines Ward!
[YOUTUBE]1-3lIHIyXLs[/YOUTUBE]

Arguably the biggest play we've had in two years.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #62
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: ...and here come the Steelers shooting off their mouths and acting cocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
[YOUTUBE]1-3lIHIyXLs[/YOUTUBE]

Arguably the biggest play we've had in two years.
It was a great play... I'm sure glad because his final stats were 3 rec 20 yards 0 td .... As I stated in earlier posts, they are good, but a bit overrated. Brown is in the same boat, just a year younger. He did not want 10 mill a year either.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #63
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,583 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
It was a great play... I'm sure glad because his final stats were 3 rec 20 yards 0 td .... As I stated in earlier posts, they are good, but a bit overrated. Brown is in the same boat, just a year younger. He did not want 10 mill a year either.
brown & sanders came up big that year in the playoffs. they will be prime time players for years to come
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #64
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,074 Times in 4,310 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Boykin not getting riled by Steeler's taunts

Posted: Fri, Oct. 5, 2012
BY FRANK SERAVALLI
Daily News Staff Writer

STEELERS Pro Bowl wide receiver Antonio Brown said it on Wednesday and Eagles cornerback Brandon Boykin's phone blew up.

Brown apparently thinks the rookie nickelback Boykin will be a tasty treat on Sunday.

"That's the candy bar," Brown told the Washington (Pa.) Observer-Reporter, a small suburban Pittsburgh newspaper. "He's given up a lot of plays. Whoever gets that guy definitely has to take advantage."

So, is Boykin more like a Mr. Goodbar? Or Heath Bar? Or Nestle Crunch? After all, Boykin would not be the first professional athlete with a candy bar named after him - he can thank Babe Ruth for that.

"That's funny to me," Boykin said, after calming down his bothered older brother, Alfred Jr. "For someone to call me out, I guess that means they taking notice of my play, that they want to go after me. I want that. I welcome that challenge. If they want to come at me, I'm going to continue to get that work."

Defensive coordinator Juan Castillo said Thursday that it is natural for opposing teams to target Boykin. For one, he's a rookie. The fourth-round pick never before lined up against the caliber of receivers - such as Larry Fitzgerald, Victor Cruz and Anquan Boldin - he has over the last 3 weeks.

More important, the options are limited. With Pro Bowlers Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on either side of him, going after Boykin makes sense.

So far, the results have been mixed. He was strong against Baltimore and Cleveland, but exploited in Arizona and against the Giants.

Boykin, 22, has been on the field for 54 percent of the Eagles' defensive snaps. In the slot, Boykin has been targeted 22 times, 11 of which were catches - nine of them coming in the previous two games.

Fitzgerald netted 53 yards against him, including 33 yards after the catch. Cruz posted 48 yards and one touchdown. The Giants' Eli Manning and Cardinals' Kevin Kolb averaged a 114.15 passer rating on balls thrown towards Boykin.

"I've guarded three Pro Bowl receivers the past couple weeks and we're doing pretty good as a secondary," Boykin said. "We're 3-1. We're just going to continue to do what we've been doing, let all that talking stuff happen.

"I felt like I've done pretty good. I've definitely got a lot of things I can improve on. I'm just trying to fight each and every week."

Brown might not be the only one to face Boykin, as the Steelers could try to push fellow Pro Bowler Mike Wallace to the slot for an advantage. Wallace has racked up 234 yards in three games this season.

For cornerbacks such as Boykin, Andy Reid reminded on Wednesday to cover until the play is completely dead, something essential when facing Ben Roethlisberger. He is tough to bring down and can keep plays alive longer than most NFL quarterbacks.

Castillo praised Boykin's work ethic. With the help of playing inside at the University of Georgia, Boykin has transitioned to the NFL with ease, compared with how long DRC needed to adjust to life in the slot last season.

"He's in here every morning at 7:30 a.m. studying," Castillo said. "I met his parents this past weekend. I can see why he's the individual that he is. Besides being a talented young man, he's very confident; he works hard. Those are the qualities that he has, and it's not his fault it's his first year in the NFL."

Linebacker DeMeco Ryans wasn't surprised about Brown's chatter, but said the "real talking happens on game days."

"Talk is talk," Trent Cole said. "If I was him, I'd love to have that challenge. I'd love to have someone say that. When it comes down to that moment, it doesn't matter who's better or who has the better contract. It comes down to who plays better on that night. Let your actions speak louder."

For Boykin, that's the plan. He graduated from Georgia with a journalism degree. With rampant and instant social media, he knew better than to give Brown and the Steelers any ammunition.

At the very least, he's got a solid nickname to follow him throughout his NFL career - as long as it doesn't define him.

"Of course they're going to test me out," Boykin said. "I expect that every week. This will be no different. Just because he said something in the media, it's not going to intimidate me."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz28RjJZ7jF

The LeDoobie Brothers
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #65
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

A 1-2 team shouldn't be smack-talking a 3-1 team....
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #66
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
brown & sanders came up big that year in the playoffs. they will be prime time players for years to come
Brown was big on returns and i hope you are right about the years to come.....But these are the facts

Brown 2010-11 playoffs....5 rec.. 90 yds.. 0 tds....2 playoffs games and 1 SB
Sanders................................7 rec.. 91 yds.. 0 tds....2 playoffs games and 1 SB

These are hardly coming up big, and the main reason i feel fans are a bit premature on the greatness of this group!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #67
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

Quote:
Who? They normally disappear in big games and against better competition .... They are good but somewhat overrated till they win some big games....Ala Hines Ward!
Wow!!! So you mean to tell me Young $ Crew should be worried about the likes of the mighty BrandonBoykin??? Heath might even lose sleep over the sheer awesomeness of Brandon Boykin!
EbonySteel86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #68
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,583 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Brown was big on returns and i hope you are right about the years to come.....But these are the facts

Sanders................................7 rec.. 91 yds.. 0 tds....2 playoffs games and 1 SB

These are hardly coming up big, and the main reason i feel fans are a bit premature on the greatness of this group!
numbers aren't great but they came up with game winning plays when we needed them. sanders was also injured in the 1st quarter in the sb, you can't really count that.

i don't think anyone is calling them great yet, but we have a lot to be excited about still. can't take away the fact they come up with game winners vs the jets and ravens in the playoffs.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #69
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,763 Times in 7,919 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:

Lynn Swann's first SuperBowl: zero catches.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #70
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,536 Times in 804 Posts
My Mood: Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Lynn Swann's first SuperBowl: zero catches.
Terry only completed 9 passes in that game, so Swann's goose egg might deserve an asterisk.
More importantly, that style of football was played a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote