Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #81
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383
Default Re: DEFENSE????

Oh and one more thing too...our offense needs to learn to "CATCH" the ball!
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #82
ChristianKustomz
Starter

What an ugly win.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #83
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838

Any injury updates yet on Woodley and Polamalu? Im guessin Troys out for thursdays game, but I hope to god Woodley isnt serious
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #84
ChristianKustomz
Starter

No word yet. However I do find it coincidental and suspicious that Troys out again. I am wondering if he is just tired of playing football and using this as an excuse to not play and still get paid. Troys intensity has been anything but substantial and Woodley is a definite hurt for our lineup.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #85
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
No word yet. However I do find it coincidental and suspicious that Troys out again. I am wondering if he is just tired of playing football and using this as an excuse to not play and still get paid. Troys intensity has been anything but substantial and Woodley is a definite hurt for our lineup.
Not Troy's character. He would just retire at that point. He hopped the whole way across the field on one foot. If he was just lazy he could have just dropped on the field and waited for the cart. No, it's looking more comparable to Bradshaw's arm, where he wasn't ready and went out and played anyway. I hope the career ending part is not the same.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #86
ChristianKustomz
Starter

I agree. I personally like Troy but it just seems to me lately that a lot more NFL players are crying wolf over a small injury. Look at Big Ben...busted ankle, broken thumb and bruised ribs and the man was out on the field playing every play. And then you see these guys get a bruise or an elbow sprain or a sore foot and they are out half the season. I used to play football an probably would have gone pro if I had not quit to follow my dream I'm living now and let me tell you...I played hurt all the time. With passion and desire and all heart...nothing will keep a player off the field. When you have a super star take a bench it hurts moral and seeing how awful our offense and especially our defense have been failing every play just about we need all the moral and passion we can get. It just seems like none of them have the drive or desire to win. They run slow, block lazily and don't catch the damn ball. Just my two cents though. Just my opinion and view.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #87
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,084 Times in 4,585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
No word yet. However I do find it coincidental and suspicious that Troys out again. I am wondering if he is just tired of playing football and using this as an excuse to not play and still get paid. .
pardon my french but are you ****ING SERIOUS??? thats more absurd than those who think lebeau is just half assing it and mailing it in for the season.

some fans just need to learn to sack up and take a loss (whether it be a player or game) instead of going elbow deep in their own ass to pull out a weak excuse.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #88
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
pardon my french but are you ****ING SERIOUS??? thats more absurd than those who think lebeau is just half assing it and mailing it in for the season.

some fans just need to learn to sack up and take a loss (whether it be a player or game) instead of going elbow deep in their own ass to pull out a weak excuse.

I have a SERIOUS question. How the heck are you a mod on this board?? SERIOUSLY!! Have some class and tone down your language a bit. It's a message board; you are not going to agree with everything people are gonna say. People come here to express there thoughts. You sound like a bright guy; don't ruin your reputation with those kind of responses. Just a thought Tony!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #89
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,084 Times in 4,585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
I have a SERIOUS question. How the heck are you a mod on this board?? SERIOUSLY!! Have some class and tone down your language a bit. It's a message board; you are not going to agree with everything people are gonna say. People come here to express there thoughts. You sound like a bright guy; don't ruin your reputation with those kind of responses. Just a thought Tony!!
from the SF code of conduct-

Quote:
2. Do not make needless, incessant usage of:

-Emoticons.
-Line breaks or ALL-CAPS.
-Nested quotes.
-Giant fonts.
-Bad language. Mild cursing is tolerated in moderation, but be careful of your tone, especially against fellow posters.
my tone was more of shock than anger or abusive language towards a fellow poster. no different than you saying "heck" in my mind.

when it comes to enforcing the COC i grant myself the same leeway, i would grant anybody else, whether they been posting on this board for a month or 10 years.

thank you for bringing about your concern in a respectful manner and not trying to moderate the board yourself (as stipulated in the COC).

Old 10-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #90
ChristianKustomz
Starter

First off...wow. I did not mean to get the two of you into a fight. Second you have to admit a lot of teams have players crying wolf over an injury a simple bandaid would fix and thirdly I want to retract a few comments I made earlier about the defense coaching.

While watching the Texans and Jets game tonight I came across some information I was not aware of. Now I still out a large portion of blame on the defensive coaching (in their words "we are going to try some different things this year...") but I heard a phrase made by a defensive coordinator to a few defensive players. "Come on guys...we have a chance to make these guys into meatballs but you have to run the plays the way I have coached you! It has worked for 15 years. It doesn't fail! I'm begging you...please for god's sake just run the plays I taught you. I'm begging you!"

So I think that sums it up. Apparently there's more to the bad defense then just bad coaching.