Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #11
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,095 Times in 569 Posts
Default Re: Recapping the Steelers 16-14 victory over the Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
yea our defense is a mess..... we won a game we should have lost. I'll take it.... the win buys us a little more time to right the ship. We should not be overly confident from this win... it's true if Vick wasn't a butter fingers we lose. If our goal is to win playoff games we have a LONG way to go.

I have yet to hear an explanation from a reputable source in the know as to why our defense is so horrible. Some plays it looks like our D-line is just getting blown off the ball... others it looks like our LB's are too slow or easily blocked. Our ILB's were really struggling to get to the outside early in this game. Then on pass plays we struggle to get pressure and our corners seem to beat like a drum when left alone. The loss of Troy's speed is really glaring as well. I just don't see an easy fix on defense.
Steelers not playing great D anymore is the same reason why defenses suck in the league. And we got a taste today on exactly why. Clark hits, Mundy hits. Mundy hit from 2 weeks ago. Every single defensive player these days think before they do now. It is all about not getting fined or penalized. Goodell has neutered defenses in this league and the biggest effected are the two best defenses of the last decade, Ravens and Steelers.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #12
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034

Maybe we should trade Wallace for some Defensive players? I mean lets be honest, Wallace can't catch anything unless it hits him in the numbers. His ego is is too damn big as well.

Also it's sad to say Polamalu is done and needs to retire after this year.
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #13
VictoryFormation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20598

Since Peyton Manning picked the secondary apart in the first game, it has been apparent that the Steelers need help in that area. As a matter of fact, the entire defense looks like they are getting a little bit older, and a little bit slower. However, having James Harrison back was a big boost. He got the pressure on Michael Vick, causing him to make some bad throws and that played a big part in the outcome of the game.
The Steelers were able to move the ball on the ground with Mendenhall back. So, hopefully the running game continues to improve. They will be going nowhere without it.
And, hopefully Todd Haley continues to adjust his offense in order to let Ben Roethlisberger, and the wide receivers make the plays that they are capable of.
VictoryFormation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #14
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryFormation View Post
Since Peyton Manning picked the secondary apart in the first game, it has been apparent that the Steelers need help in that area. As a matter of fact, the entire defense looks like they are getting a little bit older, and a little bit slower. However, having James Harrison back was a big boost. He got the pressure on Michael Vick, causing him to make some bad throws and that played a big part in the outcome of the game.
The Steelers were able to move the ball on the ground with Mendenhall back. So, hopefully the running game continues to improve. They will be going nowhere without it.
And, hopefully Todd Haley continues to adjust his offense in order to let Ben Roethlisberger, and the wide receivers make the plays that they are capable of.

Well our secondary has always sucked. You don't need a good secondary when you can pressure the QB on the opposing team. This was the first game I've seen us get to the QB this year.

What more can you ask from our offense? They've been tearing it up all year. If the running game continues we'll be pretty damn dangerous. We just need our D to play average or better.
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #15
steve314
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15690

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt0wns View Post
What more can you ask from our offense?
How about eliminating the bad snaps, stupid penalties, and dropped passes?
steve314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:50 AM   #16
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

This crap about "If Vick doesn't fumble" makes me ill. If Ben hits wide open Heath, if Cotchery doesn't trip on his own feet, if Mendy doesn't fumble out of bounds...We should have cremated the Eagles in that game. Don't tell me the offense is doing great. The offense sucked eggs in the first quarter and couldn't finish off the game the way they should. Good thing Harrison is back and Timmons had a hell of a game. Yes, the secondary is a problem, but the offense should have given us at least 5 TD's in that game.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #17
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
This crap about "If Vick doesn't fumble" makes me ill. If Ben hits wide open Heath, if Cotchery doesn't trip on his own feet, if Mendy doesn't fumble out of bounds...We should have cremated the Eagles in that game. Don't tell me the offense is doing great. The offense sucked eggs in the first quarter and couldn't finish off the game the way they should. Good thing Harrison is back and Timmons had a hell of a game. Yes, the secondary is a problem, but the offense should have given us at least 5 TD's in that game.
Exactly and the refs don't help a bit either. They always manage to see us holding on offence but never see the defence doing the exact same thing. The Eagles D should've been flagged at 6 times that I saw. I guess this is how the season is gonna be again, but as long as we win, f.... um
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #18
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

And how bout the throwing of AB's shoe, shouldn't that be a delay of game penalty?
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #19
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,039 Times in 1,783 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
if my uncle had a dick, we wouldn't have to listen to the same old boating accident story every Thanksgiving.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (04-08-2013)
Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #20
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
yea our defense is a mess..... we won a game we should have lost. I'll take it.... the win buys us a little more time to right the ship. We should not be overly confident from this win... it's true if Vick wasn't a butter fingers we lose.
If AB wasn't butter fingers we score again. If Cotchery didn't trip over his own feet we score again. If Wallace *did* trip over his own feet, he catches that floater Ben lofted to him.

Yes, Vick left 7 points on the field with that fumble. The Steelers left at least that many with their own mistakes.
maddog78 is online now   Reply With Quote