Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 10-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #21
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511
Default Re: Finally Timmons showed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
More like Timmons was taken off of the leash and they finally let him play his game. Timmons can play like this. The problem is that Lebeau barely lets him.

If you hold an Offense to 14 points, it's a good game for the Defense. The problem is that our Offense stumbled for 16.
I'm not sure Lebeau has much choice. Like Troy without Clark, Timmons without Harrison is needed to just play his position. Lebeau has been wanting to use Timmons like he uses Troy for years.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #22
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,496 Times in 8,550 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
I'm not sure Lebeau has much choice. Like Troy without Clark, Timmons without Harrison is needed to just play his position. Lebeau has been wanting to use Timmons like he uses Troy for years.
Close.
I'd say it's more like Timmons needs an ILB, just as Troy needs Clark.

Foote has played very well... and in turn, Timmons can play more aggressively.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #23
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to Lawrence Timmons...For putting a HUGE smile on my face Sunday afternoon with that OUSTANDING performance he had against the Eagles....Thats what many of us were waiting for and he showed he has 'it' to be a BEAST out there if he wants to be....Hoping to see him all over the field making plays a causing havoc the rest of the year, cuz that sure would be nice and really really help this team as the weeks move on.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:46 AM   #24
JVip
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24397
My Mood: Psychedelic

Hopefully Timmons can continue to play at this level the remainder of the year. I think next year will truly be his year to shine though. With the addition of Spence, Timmons will be able to freelance more next year, he may possibly fill that role this year too. With Spences ability to cover it will free up Lebeau (or Butler) to use him more creatively, like they do Troy.

Obviously we need to draft a LB or 2, but I think Spence will be a starter next year.
JVip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:36 AM   #25
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,960 Times in 4,646 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVip View Post
Obviously we need to draft a LB or 2, but I think Spence will be a starter next year.
assuming that Spence fully recovers from his injury, of course...
Old 10-09-2012, 03:47 AM   #26
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Timmons was able to scrape to the RB on some stretch plays, he blitzed well. Foote continued to show me that he is a backup who is forced to play because of lack of drafting a suitable replacement.
I think Foote is playing well, but I believe the eventual replacement was drafted this past draft.....Sean Spence, just so happens he was injured in preseason. I would love to see Spence (at full strength) playing side by side with Timmons. I do agree however that Te'o of Notre Dame would be a nice fit. Better draft a safety though ( Ilike Elan of Florida)
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #27
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
No, finally Dick used him the way he shouldve used him. Having Harrison there provides a huge boost over Woodley being there. Worilds is way better suited in place of Woodley, and Harrison provides the kick in the ass that is needed.

Timmons hasnt changes, its how they use him. This is how they should use him.
It's not the first time he's played with Harrison, and it was probably the best game of his career. Something else is going on.

I think they dumbed down his responsibilities, something I think the entire defense needs a dose of.

Rookies start and contribute on good teams in this league, but it takes years to master our Zen defense. Great if everyone stays on course and healthy, but when you lose guys like we did last year, you get the defensive performance you got in Denver in January. A bunch of young guys unprepared to play.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #28
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Close.
I'd say it's more like Timmons needs an ILB, just as Troy needs Clark.

Foote has played very well... and in turn, Timmons can play more aggressively.
You may be right. I was thinking more in terms of pass coverage in the flat. Timmons and Harrison are the best coverage LBs on the team. Sunday they could pick which one to drop and which one to rush.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #29
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
I think Foote is playing well, but I believe the eventual replacement was drafted this past draft.....Sean Spence, just so happens he was injured in preseason. I would love to see Spence (at full strength) playing side by side with Timmons. I do agree however that Te'o of Notre Dame would be a nice fit. Better draft a safety though ( Ilike Elan of Florida)
So you have been watching Notre Dame games on NBC a lot huh. Te'o is an instinctive player that lacks the speed and I am guessing the combine will show his lack of quickness in a short shuttle.

He could play the strongside in a 3-4, but I think many would see that he is probably a 2 down ILB. If he is there in the 3rd round, it might be decent value....and that may be a stretch.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #30
Jpeezyiseternal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24248

for real!

maybe if we keep up all the "why the **** did we give this guy the big money" talk he'll keep stepping his game up
Jpeezyiseternal is offline   Reply With Quote