Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,960 Times in 4,646 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Big Ben refuses to let Steelers collapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL View Post
I heard a stat saying, for all the games BB has in 4th qtr comeback, yesterday's was only the 2nd win in the last 2 seasons. Not sure if true.
I know Ben would have at least one more 4th quarter comeback if our defense hadn't let Joe Flacco go 92 yards at the end of our 2nd game against the Ravens last season...
Old 10-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #12
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

Big Ben, what can ya say....He is the FREAKIN' MAN...He's a BEAST, the guy is just a WINNER, flat out WINNER....He might not make all the right decisions all the time, but he gives his all every play and gives a 110% every game....There IS NOT another QB in the league I would rather want on my team than #7, there just isn't....He'll always give ya a chance to win....And as we are seeing this year, he's in the prime of his career and he's just getting better and better....If we ever get that O-line playing at a high top-notch level, skies the limit for Ben, SKIES THE LIMIT!!!!!
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #13
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,077 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerMania83 View Post
Big Ben, what can ya say....He is the FREAKIN' MAN...He's a BEAST, the guy is just a WINNER, flat out WINNER....He might not make all the right decisions all the time, but he gives his all every play and gives a 110% every game....There IS NOT another QB in the league I would rather want on my team than #7, there just isn't....He'll always give ya a chance to win....And as we are seeing this year, he's in the prime of his career and he's just getting better and better....If we ever get that O-line playing at a high top-notch level, skies the limit for Ben, SKIES THE LIMIT!!!!!
His decision making this year has been perfect. Seriously, I cant think of any plays where he made a horrible decision.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #14
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

The reality lately has been that BB hasn't stepped up in these situations so I'm just glad he engineered the drive this time. I have said many times on this board, I take BB over any other QB in the league but with the last 2 mins in the GB SB, the Denver game this year - both situations where we have the ball and an opportunity to win the game and he didn't get it done. And yes, there are multiple palyers involved and it's not a 1 man sport BUT look at every team in the NFL that is worth a damn. They have a very good QB and the one's that don't, aren't! BB matters more. It's just a fact.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #15
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL View Post
I heard a stat saying, for all the games BB has in 4th qtr comeback, yesterday's was only the 2nd win in the last 2 seasons. Not sure if true.
Well, they're 14-6 during that time. He gave the D a 10-point lead in Oakland before they choked it away. He gave the team the lead v. Baltimore last year and Flacco drove 92 yards to win it with 10 seconds left. Brought them back in Denver in the playoffs to watch the defense choke it away.

He failed to do it in Denver to open the season. What other opportunity has he had?
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #16
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,591 Times in 8,588 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
The reality lately has been that BB hasn't stepped up in these situations so I'm just glad he engineered the drive this time. I have said many times on this board, I take BB over any other QB in the league but with the last 2 mins in the GB SB, the Denver game this year - both situations where we have the ball and an opportunity to win the game and he didn't get it done. And yes, there are multiple palyers involved and it's not a 1 man sport BUT look at every team in the NFL that is worth a damn. They have a very good QB and the one's that don't, aren't! BB matters more. It's just a fact.
BB has (arguably) the BEST comeback drive in SupeeBowl history (XLIII).

The end if XLV was a calvacade of bad plays after bad plays: running the ball out if the end-zone (instead of using those 7 seconds for BB); Keyoran Fox's personal foul; not calling a time out in order to get on the same page (Wallace ran the wrong route); et cetera.

The DENV play-off game, BB drove them into game-winning FG range... only to be sacked three times, taking them out of FG range (those sacks occurred milliseconds after the snap, when the O-line became a sieve).

The BALT game, it felt like PITT took their foot off of the gas (once they crossed the 50), and then PITT couldn't get that final first down that would have sealed the victory. True, BB didn't connect on the final third down, but those last five or six plays (compared to the first four or five if that drive) felt & looked different: playing not to lose.

In both play-off games, before XLV, BB made critical completions (long completions) in order to seal those victories. While they weren't "come from behind", they were just as impressive.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote