Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Re: What we learned in week #5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i will admit the patriots have been blessed with a very favorable schedule. playing in the nfc east, they have the division crown locked up week 1, as soon as they step on the filed.

weve all seen how they crumble when they have to play a team like the ravens.

despite the easy schedule, the chickens will come home to roost and odds say they will eventually have to deal with some injuries of their own, just like every other team has.

there are stilll plenty of teams in the AFC capable of punching tom brady in the mouth, and several offenses the pats defense will struggle with. sure the patriots look great on paper offensively going for it on 4th down in "garbage time". no other team does that though.
I don't know how you can say that. We got totally screwed by the officials in the Ravens game.

The Packers got screwed against the Seahawks in ONE play and they complain and whine. I'm not bitching about one play. If you let the game come down to one play you didn't necessarily deserve to win, which is why I don't make a huge stink about the Gronk phantom hold calling back the game winning touchdown against Arizona.

But the scabs in Baltimore were either intimidated by the crowd or just completely incompetent, sustaining not one but THREE (count them THREE) drives that NE stopped dead in their tracks that turned into scores.

The Ravens shouldn't even have been competitive in that game.
You can say that i'm making excuses but let me tell you the truth:

I am not in the slightest bit intimidated or nervous about facing the Ravens again. We completely out played them and that was with half our offensive line out and Hernandez out.

No team is invincible. I won't lie and say I never get nervous about a game, or a match up, but it's no lie when I say i'm not sweating the Ravens. Not this year. We're going to dominate them so hard in the post season their idiotic week # 3 celebrating moronic fans won't know WTF just happened.

We're going to end their season and we're going to do it a lot more convincingly than we did in 2011.

The Ravens were competitive with us in the AFC championship game because they could just clog the middle of the field and we had nothing else. We had no running game. We had no sideline receiver. Our options were limited.

The Patriots have averaged 250 rushing yards there last two games.
You know football, Tony, I know you do, and you know how dangerous that is with the New England Patriots.

Look what happened to Denver. Tom Brady torched them in the air the entire first half until Denver had to adjust to prevent it, at which point we rammed our running backs down their throats so hard they didn't know what to do. All of this coming in a lightning speed no huddle offense that looked like an offensive blitzkrieg.

This is the missing piece for us. It's always been the missing piece for us. Real running backs capable of bursting through holes and getting real yardage. 8 yard carries. 12 yard carries. 15 yard carries.

We can now close out games. We can now dominate the time of possession. We can dictate the pace of the 4th quarter when we have a lead and close games out without having to make completion after completion after completion. It takes Giant and Raven like pressure off our offensive line and Tom Brady.

This is the missing piece.

This is our year.

And we don't have as much of a "Patsie" schedule as you claim. We played the Cardinals, the Ravens, the Broncos, we have to play the #1 defense Seahawks in what is probably the most hostile stadium in the NFL, we play the Texans, we play the 49'ers. Despite all that, we're going to finish 14-2.

Play the pass we're going to ram our future pro-bowl running backs down your throat for 5 yards a carry. Play the run and we're going to torch you over the middle.

This is the most dynamic offense we have ever assembled.

And we aren't even using Hernandez yet.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,306 Times in 3,522 Posts

henandez is a slapdick scrub riding on the coattails of gronk and brady.

bills gave up 300 yds rushing to the 49ers yesterday. 250 on them is no biggie.

the scab refs cost the steelers 2 games as well. EVERYBODY knows the raiders commit penalties.

DEN, AZ, and BALT at home? oh boy, the league really made it tuff on you... You get the texans and 49ers at home as well. cry me a river. your remaining road games consist of a gimme in london vs rams, seattle, and the freaking jaguars. oh no! you gotta make your annual trip to your divisional foes hous to pick up your gimme wins as well. thats possibly the softest schedule i have ever seen. you guys travel west of the mississippi once this season?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #13
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

And another thing about the Ravens.
Ever since the scabs got kicked to the curb the Ravens have looked like absolute shit.

I know, week # 1, week #3, some of you were probably a little concerned about getting swept by the Ravens this year. Dreading it even.

The dirty little secret here is that the scabs were handing them so many yards on bogus penalties, free 1sts and 10s, phantom PI calls on long Flacco bombs. It would be damn near impossible NOT to look good when everything is for free.

Since the real officials have returned, what have the Ravens done? Barely beat the the 0-5 Browns. Barely beat the Chiefs in a lousy field goal battle.

Despite all Pittsburgh's shortcomings this season, you guys aren't getting swept by the Ravens lol.

The Ravens don't scare me. We scare them. And despite all their shit talking, they'll remember that come post season time
Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #14
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
henandez is a slapdick scrub riding on the coattails of gronk and brady.

bills gave up 300 yds rushing to the 49ers yesterday. 250 on them is no biggie.

the scab refs cost the steelers 2 games as well. EVERYBODY knows the raiders commit penalties.

DEN, AZ, and BALT at home? oh boy, the league really made it tuff on you... You get the texans and 49ers at home as well. cry me a river. your remaining road games consist of a gimme in london vs rams, seattle, and the freaking jaguars. oh no! you gotta make your annual trip to your divisional foes hous to pick up your gimme wins as well. thats possibly the softest schedule i have ever seen. you guys travel west of the mississippi once this season?

Hernandez is one of our most important players on the field, arguably more important than Gronk and arguably a better player. He is crucial to creating our extreme mismatches and when he's in the formation nobody has any idea WTF is about to come their way. We didn't just lose a player when Hernandez went down, we lost half our play book.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,306 Times in 3,522 Posts

scab refs or not, the ravens won yesterday on a blown call, when the refs blew the whistle early and wiped out a raven turnover.

scab refs or not, the ravens beat the steelers in pittsburgh when the refs refused to blow a whislte on a final second PI call on torrye smith (blatant and obvious).

scab refs or not, atleast 25% of the ravens yards gained since joe flacco came in the league are from toss up balls that draw BS PI flags. youve seen it...

as for hernandez, he is a glorified frank wychek. he benefits from being way down the trough and teams that have put a lesser degree of gameplanning into him. kinda like how welker has benefitted being a 3rd slot wr. it works though. im not gonna knock it. teams could esilly gameplan and shut down hernandez every week, but the penalty would be paid in huge gains to gronk or the primary wr.

that doesnt mean he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #16
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838

I'd sure like to play buffalo, miami and the jets 6 times a season, must be nice....You guys will fail once again come playoff time, even if u make it to the super bowl you'll get spanked again by manning, or even matt ryan for that matter if the falcons make it.
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:02 AM   #17
Avoid-Lloyd
Water Boy

Member Number: 18577

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
The Patriots are the class of the AFC.
They continue to get not only YOUNGER but BETTER. There is no organization in the NFL that even comes close to rivaling the New England Patriots.

Ring # 5 incoming.

Since when did the Cheateroits win 4 rings? Haha! I know they stole 3 rings but I didn't think the literally stole a fourth. There are two possibilities here. One, you don't know how many rings your team has won or two you don't know how to count. You have to have won four rings before you win five. Its still early in the season, but there is one guarantee. The Patsie might win the Superbowl but they won't win their 5th ring this year.

Last edited by Avoid-Lloyd; 10-09-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Avoid-Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 AM   #18
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,109 Times in 1,810 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Uh....yeah. You didn't win your fourth yet.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #19
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

I equate the Patriots no-huddle offense and trying to snap the ball while the defense is just getting back to the line to that kid that always said "I'll race ya!" and started running before the word race even hit your ears. Kind of douchebaggy, imho.

If they're that good, they shouldn't have any problem running a no-huddle that at least gives the other team some respect to line up man-to-man and play football instead of gimmicky college type of bullshit.
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #20
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
I equate the Patriots no-huddle offense and trying to snap the ball while the defense is just getting back to the line to that kid that always said "I'll race ya!" and started running before the word race even hit your ears. Kind of douchebaggy, imho.

If they're that good, they shouldn't have any problem running a no-huddle that at least gives the other team some respect to line up man-to-man and play football instead of gimmicky college type of bullshit.
The offense sets the pace of the game. If the opposing defenses can't get their act together to keep pace with the New England's new lightning fast blitzkrieg than maybe they should go find some bush league to play in.

This is what a elite offense looks like.
Not `Green Bay Elite,` no.. the elite of the elite, best of the best.

Your post just sounds like "boo hoo the Patriots are too fast for other teams."

Good article the football X's and O's fans might be interested in on the Patriots new lightning speed attack strategy.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...ml#skip-target