Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #11
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Thursday Morning Coffee Talk (With a Shot of Baileys) Steelers @ Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

IMO we are going to see some deep balls to Wallace early tonight to feed his ego
He damn well better start getting some 100yd games, but Ben has his new favorite WR, and it ain't him.

Naturally, I'm more concerned with the defense - 3 games with blown 4th qtr leads now, I believe.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #12
NateDog07V
Water Boy

Member Number: 19099
Default Re: Thursday Morning Coffee Talk (With a Shot of Baileys) Steelers @ Titans

I suspect we'll see some early quick throws to wallace to get his confidence/swagger back... he looked really frustrated in the Eagles game (albeit due to some holding penalties that weren't called).. but once he gets his head back in it and starts being productive, we'll have a 4 headed monster in Brown/Wallace/Sanders/Miller that cannot be stopped... mix in Mendy running behind Pouncey and Colon who has looked great as a run blocker and we've got a recipe for a lot of points on the road. I suspect Hasselbeck will play decent to keep it somewhat close, but its Steelers all the way 31-20
NateDog07V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #13
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

We SHOULD win this game....easily. We have the better coaches, the better talent, pretty much the better 'everything'.
But everytime we play a team that stinks, the same thing happens. Every time. Either we keep them in the game up until the last minute and we get some such thing as a FG to win - or we LOSE.
Don't expect this to be a done deal.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #14
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,732 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

unleash mendinghall
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
Polamalu43Defense!
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1897

Good discussion as game time nears. Well said TRH. I believe the Steelers are capable of blowing teams that are weak out but it seems to never happen and we let teams linger aroun too long. This is something that needs to be stopped from the get go and the offense needs to put up some high numbers in order to suck the life out of the away crowd. I am still worried with Troy and Woodley being out... The defense really is what concerns me here. Anyone else more concerned about the D than I am???
Old 10-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #16
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Deep balls to Wallace SHOULD be thrown regardless of ego. He can, as the idiots on NFL network say, take the top of the defense. When defenses are 8 in the box against a designed run and predictable play call - that leads to last in the NFL in rushing yards. We haven't really used Wallace this year and I don't mean thrown the ball his way. I mean what I said above, Ben hasn't really gone deep to him. And the long TD against the Jets was a broken play not a designed throw. If we only have Wallace for this year, they should be burning his ass up and having him run go routes till the cows come home. Free's up AB and Sanders to get the underneath stuff. Just my opinion.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #17
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

As the Pittsburgh Steelers set to take the field tonight in Tennessee to face the Titans, they will be doing so without two key pieces: safety Troy Polamalu and outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley.

Polamalu has already missed two games this season due to a calf injury. He re-aggravated the injury on Sunday in his first game back. Woodley exited the game on the same play not to return on the second Michael Vick fumble.

Through three games, Woodley had two sacks, three quarterback hits, and six hurries, according to Pro Football Focus.

The former Pro Bowl player looked to be having a Defensive Player of the Year-caliber season at the halfway point last year before it was derailed by a severe hamstring injury that limited him the remainder of the season.

In the four games prior to the injury, Woodley had collected 7.5 sacks to total 9 on the season with a full half of the season remaining, but he was unable to register another.

Fortunately, this new hamstring injury is not believed to be very serious, and is on the opposite leg. It is possible that the short week was the deciding factor in him not playing tonight.

Taking Woodley’s place will be third year player Jason Worilds, who started 7 games last season substituting for both Woodley and Harrison at various times. He finished the season with 38 tackles and 3 sacks, as well as a forced fumble.

Although it was not revealed until after the season, Worilds played all of last year with a wrist injury. Despite playing through it, he had the wrist operated on during the offseason. The injury wiped out nearly the entirety of his offseason, and may have contributed to his slow start to this season.

Through limited activity in 4 games this season, Worilds has 10 tackles (all solo) in addition to 2 sacks and a pass defensed. He had one of the best games of his career filling in for Woodley on Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles where he registered 3 tackles (including 2 for a loss), 1 pass defensed, 1 sack, and one quarterback hit.

Said defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau of Worilds’ performance last week:

I thought he played well. Jason played pretty well last year. He grew tremendously. He missed so much football with that injury and that’s nobody’s fault. It’s just the way it is. I thought that he looked closer to what he was last year last week. Again, some of those young guys we’re looking to grow and to continue to contribute. I thought Jason played a good football game last week.

Steelers look for big game out of Jason Worilds with LaMarr Woodley out
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #18
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
unleash mendinghall
this could actually work, but will Ben be patient enough to resist bombing it?

Whatever....we need something to wake this ****ing team up!

speaking of stats....

Steelers defense last in the NFL in giving up points per game.

You can't trust these ****ers!

We need 40 pts!!!!!

Bomb away ben!!!

Who's with me?
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #19
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Actually the Titans give up more points per game than anybody. The Steelers are 16th.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #20
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,365 Times in 566 Posts

I'm uneasy right now when I shouldn't be. Not sold the Steelers can beat anybody convincingly, let alone a bad team on the road by more than 10 points. Tonight would be a good time to show us fans something along the lines of handling a much inferior opponent in their stadium if they want to go anywhere this season. We could use the AFC Conference victories.

With Mendy back in the starting lineup, I can see the return of the deep-ball tonight off play-action. It's going to be there. Running lanes will be there. The Titans secondary is putrid but we must stay close to the vest on our side of the ball (penalties, hiccups, etc.)

We left a lot of points on the field last Sunday and if we do it again, anybody can beat anybody. I'd like to see the defense pitch a low-scoring affair but the Steelers are NOTORIOUS for being the team to be victim of a struggling breakout player (Chris Johnson.)

This game is dangerous. We got to answer the bell, on the road.

LETS GO. HERE WE GO.