Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,287 Times in 572 Posts
Default Re: Steelers get no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
To be fair, we're not exactly lighting up the NFL with our performance this year. We're 2-2...if they said more about us, most of it would be negative. Shows are fueled by ratings, and ratings climb for gossip, dirt, and controversy...not discussing teams that the common NFL fan likely sees as mediocre. The sheep, however, love some Tebow reports.

If you're looking for decent Steelers coverage on ESPN, you're in the wrong media outlet. Try KDKA.

^THIS^

There are two undefeated teams and a host of others such as the Giants who have been putting on clinics each week while our "Mighty Steelers" are barely scraping together enough of a game to stay at .500.

Compared to those other teams, I don't see anything particularly newsworthy about anything we're doing right now.

Of course in the eyes of some that makes me a hater, so what do I know, right?

I just find it better to be a realist than someone wearing gold-tinted sunglasses.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,406 Times in 3,547 Posts

im watching NFL network talk about this game for the past hour with a 2 hrs and 30 minute countdown clock to kick off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
, I don't see anything particularly newsworthy about anything we're doing right now.

I just find it better to be a realist than someone wearing gold-tinted sunglasses.
maybe you should take off ray charles and stevie wonder's sunglasses then?

God forbid anyone give credit to the great job haley is doing or ben off to the best career start of a season- top five in passer rating, td's and fewest ints. God forbid anyone talk about mendenhalls freakish recovery.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #13
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,287 Times in 572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im watching NFL network talk about this game for the past hour with a 2 hrs and 30 minute countdown clock to kick off.

maybe you should take off ray charles and stevie wonder's sunglasses then?

God forbid anyone give credit to the great job haley is doing or ben off to the best career start of a season- top five in passer rating, td's and fewest ints. God forbid anyone talk about mendenhalls freakish recovery.
And yet we're still just 2 - 2.

I know that Ben is having a great year.
I know that Mendy has hit the ground running (no pun intended).

Haley is doing a GOOD job and I DO see some promising things but it's way too soon to say "Great" job since we're just (again) 2 - 2.

Let's see what kind of game we have tonight.
If we struggle (even if we win), then it just proves that there's a lot more work to do.
If we win comfortably and we make no glaring mistakes, then I'd say that maybe we've finally turned a corner.

But if we lose, then we'd basically just suck. We'd be 2 - 3 and that won't get us anywhere no matter how many records Ben breaks and THAT, is reality.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #14
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,948 Times in 8,704 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
There are two undefeated teams and a host of others such as the Giants who have been putting on clinics each week while our "Mighty Steelers" are barely scraping together enough of a game to stay at .500.

Compared to those other teams, I don't see anything particularly newsworthy about anything we're doing right now.
95% of the time, you are right: why would they talk about the Steelers??? But, on a day when the Steelers-Titans the only game on, you'd figure that it'd be at least 15% of the coverage. Alas...

And, when they do indeed talk about the Steelers, it is 80% negative (ie about the defense)... as opposed to talking about the rise of the offense.

I will give Deion Sanders credit: he glazed over the defense (saying that he's not worried, because LeBeau would figure it out) and turned (or tried to turn) the conversation towards BB & his trio of WRs (whom Deion deemed the best in the NFL).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Careful with the homer-ism here. We're like a year past Ben being tops on that most hated NFL player opinion poll. Do you think the sheep masses care that Ben is taking less sacks this year? No. Another news flash...casual fans likely know nothing about Haley. Do you think the bulk of NFL fans give a damn that we're throwing to Miller more on short passes? No.

That sort of in depth review is reserved for dedicated fans. Dedicated fans aren't sitting around dying for NFL Network to educate them. These shows are targeted to the lowest common denominator...casual fans across the nation. The majority of casual fans that don't own a terrible towel likely have zero interest in a 2-2 Steeler team.

We're a very small market team, even if we do travel well. If you want good coverage, get it from Pittsburgh media. Let the rest have their dose of Brady Bunch and leave them to it.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #16
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886

This use to irk me....but then I realized we don't play that good usually when the media is hanging around a little extra

The only sh** that still gets under my skin is when

1. They label our players dirty and don't recognize Goodells crap

2. Always say we are inferior to the Patriots because we haven't beat them in the Playoffs and somehow our SBs are not legit

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #17
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
2. Always say we are inferior to the Patriots because we haven't beat them in the Playoffs and somehow our SBs are not legit
Want to guess what would have gone down if we were ever accused of cheating the way the Pats did? Goodell would order everyone living in Allegheny county to be imprisoned in pizza ovens.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #18
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,948 Times in 8,704 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Now that the pre-game is on, it's much better. Whew!!!
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #19
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Eh...play well, get coverage. During the 15-1 year all my friends called NFL Network "Steeler Network".
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote