Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #41
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13,348
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 17,578
Thanked 18,637 Times in 7,861 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Tackling the catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, resist hyperbole.
I literally just laughed my head off.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #42
maddog78
Assistant Coach
 
maddog78's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,047
Member Number: 24321
Thanks: 45
Thanked 271 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Tackling the catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWitmyer View Post
The maligned Steelers D is actually ranked 5th in the league overall.
In yards per game, thanks to an offense that is #2 in time of possession. Sort by points per game, and then consider that TOP ranking.

maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #43
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,445
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,588
Thanked 6,620 Times in 2,866 Posts
Default Re: Tackling the catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
In yards per game, thanks to an offense that is #2 in time of possession. Sort by points per game, and then consider that TOP ranking.

ummm... thats pretty much the same basic formula theyve used all along. plus those "rankings" 4 games into the season are about as meaningful as the power rankings.

the steelers have allowed 12 ppg at home and 2 bad games on the west coast. it was the ball controlling offense that gave up the pick six anyways,

i dont know why people are still pressing the panic button 4 games in.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #44
maddog78
Assistant Coach
 
maddog78's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,047
Member Number: 24321
Thanks: 45
Thanked 271 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Tackling the catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
ummm... thats pretty much the same basic formula theyve used all along. plus those "rankings" 4 games into the season are about as meaningful as the power rankings.

the steelers have allowed 12 ppg at home and 2 bad games on the west coast. it was the ball controlling offense that gave up the pick six anyways,

i dont know why people are still pressing the panic button 4 games in.
OK, peace. Not going to argue with Steeler fans on game day.

maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #45
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,445
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,588
Thanked 6,620 Times in 2,866 Posts
Default Re: Tackling the catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
OK, peace. Not going to argue with Steeler fans on game day.



they just showed the steelers defensive stats with and w/o polamalu since 2009. something like 28-9 with him averaging 14 ppg. and 8-9 w/o him averaging 21 (a full td more).

i think that is the most significant factor and i think troy in his prime is that great of a player.

LT/reggie white/ ronnie lott/deion sanders type of impact.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #46
Edman
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,473
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3261
Thanks: 66
Thanked 217 Times in 124 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Tackling the catch

My eyes are on the Defense tonight.

No Troy. Away game. Bad team. We'll see what Lebeau trots out on Defense. I don't care how good Troy is, you have to adjust without him, and without his Superman in the past, Dickard the Genius has been exposed as ineffective and helpless.

One player out shouldn't make a defense bleed like that. Our Defense isn't that bad.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #47
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 8,799
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 7,572
Thanked 9,978 Times in 4,271 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Tackling the catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
My eyes are on the Defense tonight.

No Troy. Away game. Bad team. We'll see what Lebeau trots out on Defense. I don't care how good Troy is, you have to adjust without him, and without his Superman in the past, Dickard the Genius has been exposed as ineffective and helpless.

One player out shouldn't make a defense bleed like that. Our Defense isn't that bad.
Woodley is also missing...
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #48
maddog78
Assistant Coach
 
maddog78's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,047
Member Number: 24321
Thanks: 45
Thanked 271 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Tackling the catch

Would love to see Timmons repeat Sunday's performance.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #49
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 8,799
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 7,572
Thanked 9,978 Times in 4,271 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Tackling the catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I literally just laughed my head off.
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #50
FanSince72
Team President
 
FanSince72's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,253
Member Number: 17502
Thanks: 298
Thanked 1,086 Times in 485 Posts
Default Re: Tackling the catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post


they just showed the steelers defensive stats with and w/o polamalu since 2009. something like 28-9 with him averaging 14 ppg. and 8-9 w/o him averaging 21 (a full td more).

i think that is the most significant factor and i think troy in his prime is that great of a player.

LT/reggie white/ ronnie lott/deion sanders type of impact.
Yeah but the trouble is that Troy is past his prime, he can't stay healthy for longer than one game and no defense should be so dependent on one player that his absence virtually guarantees a loss.

Also, stats don't win football games.




Other than that, I agree with everything you wrote!
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts