Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #21
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838
Default Re: Season over

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

been nice knowing ya!

maybe we'll catch ya on a 49ers or texans board some time. best regards. dont let the doorknob hit ya....
I'm not going anywhere, I've never given up on this team, and I would never go start rooting for another team. But this team is a disgrace right now, losing to shit teams like Oakland and Tennessee that we should be blowing out. The injuries are just ridiculous too as I said. And idc if Suisham was 12/12, I've hated this bum since we signed him. Unless something changes real quick, this is gonna be a long rest of the season, I'll still tune in every week regardless, but I'd like to see W's, rather than embarassing losses like tonight.
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #22
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler-in-West View Post
That was the game, I couldn't understand what they were doing trying to kick a 54 yarder. Pinn em deep inside the 20 with a punt - good safe choice

Go for it on fourth with the way Ben was playing - understandable

By kicking a 54 yarder we had a high risk of missing it and giving Hasselbeck an extra 7 yards near midfield - just a terrible decision
I like Tomlin, but I'd give so much to have Coach Cowher back
Old 10-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #23
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,077 Times in 4,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain5643 View Post
I'm not going anywhere, I've never given up on this team, and I would never go start rooting for another team. But this team is a disgrace right now, losing to shit teams like Oakland and Tennessee that we should be blowing out. The injuries are just ridiculous too as I said. And idc if Suisham was 12/12, I've hated this bum since we signed him. Unless something changes real quick, this is gonna be a long rest of the season, I'll still tune in every week regardless, but I'd like to see W's, rather than embarassing losses like tonight.
no doubt.

it is a disgrace to lose our starting center, right tackle and number 1 and 2 running backs in a single game (and have to sweat out 2 of our 3 remaining safetied writhing around in pain on the field).

oh and ramon foster got hurt as well.

no current coach can admit it, but every former coach will-

having 16 games on thursday night is complete bullshit. that is too little recovery time for these atheletes who play a violent game, especially the atheletes who are a bit older and ESPECIALLY for the road team.

roger goodell and the owners are about 1 thing and 1 thing only, and that is increasing revenue.

as long as it isnt a head or neck injury (or a knee injury to a star qb like brady) they dont care who gets hurt in the process.

i will just laugh at those who continue to blame lebeau who has forgotten more football than any message board fan and most coordinators in the league know.

i dont hate suisham, but i certainly dont trust him from beyond 45 yds. his 53 yarder was a good kick just a yard too short. our special teams are definitely hurting this season. 10 days off couldnt have come at a better time.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #24
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

We dont have a running game once again either, it was nice having one for one week anyway. Mendy has an achilles injury of some sort. I'd really like to hope Rainey or Batch emerges, but as of now both are unproven.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:45 AM   #25
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,281 Times in 628 Posts

I still think we can make a run at it f we get healthy at the right time.....but Ben or somebody is going to have to step up and play extraordinary until the rest of the team catches up

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:52 AM   #26
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
I still think we can make a run at it f we get healthy at the right time.....but Ben or somebody is going to have to step up and play extraordinary until the rest of the team catches up
Its not like were horribly injured though, I mean the running game is the major thing now, especially if both Mendy and Redman are out a long period of time. Troy, yeah thats a big injury but he's getting older. Our offense is still healthy(again aside from the running game), the D is ok, just need to get Woodley back in a hurry. The only thing is we need to consistently finish games with the same offensive line we start with. Every game we rotate like 8 guys because of injury and thats insane, I've never seen such a thing before. Something needs to be done conditioning wise or something, or like I stated in an earlier post, fire the whole training staff, because these guys cant keep going down every single game and then expect Ben to be fine in the pocket with NO protection.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:59 AM   #27
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,281 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Its not like were horribly injured though, I mean the running game is the major thing now, especially if both Mendy and Redman are out a long period of time. Troy, yeah thats a big injury but he's getting older. Our offense is still healthy(again aside from the running game), the D is ok, just need to get Woodley back in a hurry. The only thing is we need to consistently finish games with the same offensive line we start with. Every game we rotate like 8 guys because of injury and thats insane, I've never seen such a thing before. Something needs to be done conditioning wise or something, or like I stated in an earlier post, fire the whole training staff, because these guys cant keep going down every single game and then expect Ben to be fine in the pocket with NO protection.
yeah the OL and Woodley/Harrison Rotations every other game have just been bleeping crazy

The names of our starting OL shuffle more then a slot machine

Even our crappy OL in 08 stayed on the field enough together to max their potential and do just enough to get a SB

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #28
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,135 Times in 541 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

I can't believe anyone is mad at Suisham. Dude's been perfect this year with the exception of a 54-yarder on the road which would be hard for any kicker to make, he already had made a 52 yarder in this game alone and was absolute money all last week. NO other kicker we can get would be a better option, I'm surprised nobody notices the musical chairs around the league that is the Kicker position every year. He's not Jeff Reed but he's better than any Billy Cundiff or Olindo Mare we could replace him with.

I think there is some overreaction to this, 4-12 is a bit unrealistic as is anything less than 7-9 to me. But only 8-10 wins this year is certainly likely and I WILL be surprised if we make the playoffs this year.

The OLine injuries are getting ridiculous, we need a training staff overhaul or something because this happens way too frequently year in and year out and it can't be shear bad luck anymore, these guys must not be in top physical condition or something.

The secondary is awful and it's not just Polamalu's absence, Ike has been atrocious and letting Gay go right when he finally "got it" was the biggest mistake we've made in years. Wouldn't mind a safety and CB with our first two picks next year, although it will surely be a DE and OLB.

Only bright spot is LB play, still not getting as much pressure as I would like to see but Timmons and Foote looked good and Worilds looked good and always seemed to be around the QB. Harrison isn't 2008 Harrison but is closer to himself than Woodley had looked in the first few games, even though that may have been more scheme-related.

Ben is Ben, nothing else to say about him. He made a few throws that made me wonder WTF he saw but he still kept us in the game and had us in position to win with a minute left. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if we traded him back in 2010, we think we're bad now, we'd surely be drafting top 5 in the next draft had we ditched him, maybe even #1 overall.

This loss to me, as with many others, comes down to that final field goal decision. Very poor coaching choice, it's one thing to try that long ass FG with a solid defense behind you but you could see that Titans drive coming from a mile away and a 54-yarder should NEVER be considered a "sure thing." Much better off letting your QB who's fantastic in "must convert" situations go for it there or punting it to give the swiss-cheese defense a bit more breathing room, if only a little bit.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:21 AM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,077 Times in 4,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
maybe we can trade for superman....

or cam newton.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:42 AM   #30
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
I like Tomlin, but I'd give so much to have Coach Cowher back
This^