Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-12-2012, 04:44 AM   #31
Darthslayrr
Water Boy

Member Number: 20844
Default Re: Season over

Going to suck here in Ohio when they lose to the Browns, I'll just tape a middle finger to my forehead when I go to work.
Darthslayrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #32
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i cant see how some of you can talk bad about our kicker, he has done an awesome job and missed a very hard kick by about a yard. we have way to many problems on the defensive side of the ball to compete. we let CJ double his ypc on the year against us. either we are going to get healthy midseason and make a run or were going to get a higher draft pick then usual and can grab a shut down saftey or a dominant OLB'er. either way i will be watching every game. hopefully our defense steps it up but it hard to see Troy making that much of a difference. as for Woodley, i perfer Worilds
Old 10-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #33
Stangboy06
Water Boy

Member Number: 19069

If you can't beat crappy teams on the road you are a crappy team
Stangboy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #34
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain5643 View Post
Complete embarassment tonight...First of all the whole training staff needs to be fired, I dont understand how one team can have that many injuries, its ****ing ridiculous. Secondly, why do we continue to hang on to this bum named Shaun Suisham???!!! Theres a reason hes been cut by Washington and Dallas. The guy BLOWS. If the loss to Oakland wasnt bad enough, tonight should be a huge wake up call. Absolutely embarassing.
How does a trainer prevent a 350 pound lummox from collapsing your knee because he can't keep his feet? Gilbert has taken out THREE players' knees this year because he gets ragdolled so much. He's looking like a bust.

In fact, Pouncey is the only linemen worth his salt, and Gilbert took him out.

We've had several below average drafts in a row and we're going to be reaping the pain for years to come.

Last edited by maddog78; 10-12-2012 at 06:53 AM.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #35
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
no doubt.

it is a disgrace to lose our starting center, right tackle and number 1 and 2 running backs in a single game (and have to sweat out 2 of our 3 remaining safetied writhing around in pain on the field).

oh and ramon foster got hurt as well.

no current coach can admit it, but every former coach will-

having 16 games on thursday night is complete bullshit. that is too little recovery time for these atheletes who play a violent game, especially the atheletes who are a bit older and ESPECIALLY for the road team.

roger goodell and the owners are about 1 thing and 1 thing only, and that is increasing revenue.

as long as it isnt a head or neck injury (or a knee injury to a star qb like brady) they dont care who gets hurt in the process.

i will just laugh at those who continue to blame lebeau who has forgotten more football than any message board fan and most coordinators in the league know.

i dont hate suisham, but i certainly dont trust him from beyond 45 yds. his 53 yarder was a good kick just a yard too short. our special teams are definitely hurting this season. 10 days off couldnt have come at a better time.
Lol. Altitude in Denver, time zone in Oakland, now short week in Tennessee? Did the Titans have a bye last week? I suppose in Cincinnati it will be the chili.

Even before the injuries, our OL was not moving the worst defense in football.

Bottom line, the entire team is #7 right now. If he's off, we lose, and it doesn't matter who we play.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #36
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i cant see how some of you can talk bad about our kicker, he has done an awesome job and missed a very hard kick by about a yard. we have way to many problems on the defensive side of the ball to compete. we let CJ double his ypc on the year against us. either we are going to get healthy midseason and make a run or were going to get a higher draft pick then usual and can grab a shut down saftey or a dominant OLB'er. either way i will be watching every game. hopefully our defense steps it up but it hard to see Troy making that much of a difference. as for Woodley, i perfer Worilds
Agreed. That 54-yard attempt was the worst of four options. Punt, try to draw them offsides and then punt, go for it, attempt FG.

Tomlin never has been a good game day coach. These bad moves come as no surprise..
Old 10-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #37
beer72
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3508

I still believe in Suisham ...other things are questionable tho
beer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #38
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
I think we may need a high pick with the older guys losing steam. And I still say they should have traded Wallace for a 1st rounder. Could have used a couple of 1st rounders this coming year.

They tried to trade Wallace for a first rounder by slapping the tender on him and had no takers. Not a single team was interested.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #39
Rockonsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15574

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
How does a trainer prevent a 350 pound lummox from collapsing your knee because he can't keep his feet? Gilbert has taken out THREE players' knees this year because he gets ragdolled so much. He's looking like a bust.

In fact, Pouncey is the only linemen worth his salt, and Gilbert took him out.

We've had several below average drafts in a row and we're going to be reaping the pain for years to come.
That's the thing. Steelers OL, and Gilbert especially, are constantly being driven into the backfiled by the opposing D-linemen.

They are getting tossed around like ragdolls, and as a result, they're often driven or tossed into their own teammates who are usually struggling to handle their own blocking assignments respectfully, causing some of the injuries we've seen.

Also, in the run game, they don't get a lot of push, and the LOS is often reset 2 yds. in the Steelers backfield way too often.

This certainly raises the question, are the Steelers offensive linemen strong enough to go against the defenders they face week in and week out? It's a legitimate question. Which makes questioning the competency of the strength and conditioning coach entirely legit.

Rockon
Rockonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #40
FacemeIke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11185

We've been spoiled over the years with great teams. Right now we're an average team and most games will come down to making plays in the 4th quarter. To be honest, I don't think we are much worse than we were last season. Last season we caught some breaks and made some plays, but this year we haven't.

My main concern though is that our one bright spot is the passing game and we are going to lose Mike Wallace after this year. No way they pay him when we have so many aging holes on defense to fill. We are going to have so many holes in the offseason to fill. I'm afraid next year will be BADDDDD. This year we're just an average team that could finish anwyere from 6-10 to 10-6 depending on how things go.
FacemeIke is offline   Reply With Quote