Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,125 Times in 4,605 Posts
Default The Official "I'm so angry" Thread

people...

please keep in mind that your anger and disgust with the steelers is no more valid or meaningful than anyone elses, so please keep it all in one thread.

if youre ready to throw in your terrible towel on the season, do it in this thread.

if you are going to suggest the steelers should tank the rest of the season for a high draft pick, do it in this thread as you wish and hope for the likes of decastro and spence to be back on the squad. keep in mind our current PROFESSIONAL players dont give a SHIT about any kid in college entering next years draft.

if you just want to vent... keep it in this thread.

if you think ike taylor sucks and lebeau needs to go on arians "retirement plan" keep it in this thread.

the multitude of threads of the same gripe will be merged or locked.

thanks
Old 10-12-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
VaBeachSteelers
Water Boy

Member Number: 24435
Default LeBeau Must GO!!!

For one Steeler fan... I'm tired of seeing 4th quarter leads go way. For the season and the previous playoffs big Dick has gotten into the idea that Martyball works. LeBeau is long in the tooth and needs to be replaced. Big Ben please be a leader and call out the D for being pathetic!!!
VaBeachSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #3
VaBeachSteelers
Water Boy

Member Number: 24435
Default Re: The Official "I'm so angry" Thread

I feel your pain... Tired of watching 4th quarter leads go away.
VaBeachSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838

I just honestly want to say a game where our whole offensive line doesnt get hurt. Thats what pisses me off most of all. Big Ben can only do so much but he can't do it all. This team really needs a good ass chewing and they can't keep losing games to teams like this tonight, and 3 weeks ago, ESPECIALLY with the ratbirds getting lucky every week. I'm not giving up by any means but I dont know what to think about this embarassment of a team right now.
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #5
Rockonsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15574
Default Re: LeBeau Must GO!!!

I will say that this is probably the most balanced team in the league. They stink out loud in all three phases. Offense stinks. Defense stinks. Special teams stinks. And they all did their part in tonight's debacle.

Rockon
Rockonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:35 AM   #6
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838

Also, it was nice having a running game for 1 week anyway, now Mendys hurt again, and so is Redman. So back to having shit in the backfield again.
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

I'm not angry...I was after Denver and Oakland, but I've accepted that this is just not a very good team. Injuries have hurt, no doubt, but that's part of it.

Troy is injury prone. Woodley apparently is, too. James is near the end and is injury prone. That isn't luck, it's a trait, like speed, smarts, strength. We have some aging, injury-prone players that can't be counted on.

Keisel and Hampton are done. Why they're still playing is a mystery. Ike appears to be done. Foote is playing hard but he's the very definition of average.

My expectations on the season now are to see young players emerge, but I'll probably be disappointed there, too, since LeBeau will sink or swim with his over-the-hill gang. Eventually, though, Hampton and Keisel will completely break down physically and maybe we get a chance to see some of the younger guys.

That's the only hope there is right now - that the young guys can replace the vets when they eventually retire. Worilds is impressing the past two weeks, thankfully. Want to see more of Heyward, McClendon, and Ta'amu.

Also want to see our young CB's play physical. They did better that way last night, but when LeBeau fell back on his soft zone, they gave up easy tosses.

Maybe that's the ultimate goal of the season - getting rid of DL. He's playing 90's football.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321
Default When you can't beat the stiffs...

...that means you're one.

Not my words, Tunch and Wolf's today. Denver/Oakland/Tenn are 3-0 against the Steelers, 2-10 against the rest of the league.

maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #9
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311
Default Re: When you can't beat the stiffs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post

Not my words, Tunch and Wolf's today. Denver/Oakland/Tenn are 3-0 against the Steelers, 2-10 against the rest of the league.

yeah, I second that!
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #10
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,479 Times in 3,551 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: When you can't beat the stiffs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post

like i said before, this game was a line in the sand. If we don't win this, we don't deserve the playoffs.

it's not like the schedule gets easier from here, the first 5 games were the easy ones. now? don't be disappointed if we suffer some embarassing losses down the stretch. and count on getting swept by the ravens again
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote