Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #21
steelbelieve
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21191
Default Re: Ike Taylor Sucks Pt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
Ive been an Ike fan but he really blew it tonight

In some ways Im more disappointed in Tonights performance then the turd in Denver last season

at least then it was only Thomas abusing him.....Tonight it didn't matter who it was, they burnt him
It happens to every player at some point. The mind's willing....... I'm afraid it may only get worse, particularly going up against the likes of AJ Green next week.
steelbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #22
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

Ike sucks BALLS! He is a shadow of what he once was. His confidence is shot!. Time to cut him in the offseason. No and/ifs or buts.
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #23
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL View Post
Ike sucks BALLS! He is a shadow of what he once was. His confidence is shot!. Time to cut him in the offseason. No and/ifs or buts.
He'll be starting for three more years. By that time, we may finally be rid of Foote, Keisel, and Hampton.
maddog78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #24
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Where are the fanboys who pull out Ike Failures stats to show how elite and solid he is? I think some of the stats show that he's better than Revis in some ways......

Anyone else missing William Gay?
Old 10-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #25
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

I think he should be transitioned to safety, he is a solid tackler, knows the system and we could use the depth until we get others in olace in a couple of years. He is just a liability in coverage against the top rcvrs, maybe put him on the #2's
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #26
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Here's the thing: when Ike holds, he guarantees the penalty and the yards. Why not put the pressure on the receiver to make the catch??? If you get beat, so be it but at least you don't look like a dress hanging off of the guy the whole game. He literally held on every play that he was in contact with a receiver. Go back and watch teh game, it's unbearable!!! Even if he's not what he once was, he's now awful for some reason.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #27
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

whats really bad is there seems to be no change in his performance at all. Every team is gonna throw the ball his way now!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #28
Drizztbob
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4294

After having dreams of pushing Ike Taylor into oncoming traffic, I realized that is exactly what is going to happen when we play teams that are of playoff caliber. Giants, Baltimore, even Cinci are going to STEAM ROLL this defense, and the worst part is, it's too late to do anything about it.

Lebeau's schemes are tired and useless, as evident by the play this year. Hardly any pass pressure by the D line...on the Titans...the FRIGGING TITANS!!! The secondary couldn't stop my grandmother from getting open. They are absolutely hopeless and pathetic, and the star of that shit-show is Ike Taylor, who truly has no right to be on a football field. EVERY week he costs this team at LEAST one score. Last night it was 4. I can't understand why he continues to play 10 yards off receivers. He is repugnant.

The ONLY players on defense who should receive a paycheck for last nights atrocity's are Clark and Timmons who seem like the only players out there with any heart and fortitude. THE ONLY ONES TRYING!!!

I used to look forward to watching our defense play and had confidence they would stop an 80 yard drive, now its automatic. It's who can score the last touchdown or field goal because you know we can't stop shit.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #29
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Yup, I have been saying it for weeks. You can see Hasselback dropping back and targetting Ike first every time. It doesnt matter if a 500 pound tard is playing WR, the QB will target whoever Ike is on. He cant catch, so fearing for an INT isnot a concern. So the odds of the qb getting the catch or a penaly s huge.

6 straight games Ike has failed miserably. Great shut down corner. Tomlin has no balls to bench him or pull him out. He would argue who do I replace him with? Our argument is, does it matter atthis point?

Haleys stupid run calls didn't help either, but Ike killed us. We had no RB's and NO Oline and still trying topound the run. I guess that is the "new" Steelers "standard"???
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #30
realdeal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10935

Kennan Lewis stated he would be in the pro bowl this year!! What a joke!! Our secondary is terrible and Troy being out does not make a difference!! Long year!!
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote