Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,518 Times in 5,170 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Mendenhall critical of Pittsburgh fans in Tennessee

Steelers notebook: Mendenhall critical of Pittsburgh fans in Tennessee

By Alan Robinson
Published: Friday, October 12, 2012

Steelers fans filled about one-third of LP Field in Tennessee, but that didn’t prevent running back Rashard Mendenhall from posting a Twitter message Friday complaining about fair-weather fans.

“Seriously, if you’re going to talk trash about your team and everyone on it, don’t call yourself a fan,” he tweeted. “A fan is a supporter ...”

Titans quarterback Matt Hasselbeck noticed the outpouring of Steelers fans during their 26-23 upset victory Thursday, saying, “It was pretty crazy. It must be a Steeler convention in town.”

• Tight end Weslye Saunders, who sat out the first four games after being suspended for violating the NFL drug policy, was released Friday. The Steelers chose to keep rookie David Paulson and veteran Leonard Pope rather than Saunders, who had a touchdown among his four receptions last season.

• Safeties Ryan Clark and Ryan Mundy weren’t fined for their hits Sunday against the Eagles. Clark’s late hit on tight end Brent Celek and Mundy’s helmet hit on Eagles receiver Jeremy Maclin a few plays later were penalized. Mundy was fined $21,000 earlier this season for a helmet hit that left Raiders receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey with a concussion.

• Coach Mike Tomlin’s decision to allow Shaun Suisham to attempt a career-long 54-yard field goal that fell short gave the Titans the ball at their 45-yard line with 49 seconds remaining, enough time for them to run four plays in advance of Rob Bironas’ winning field goal. Tomlin defended the decision to not go for it on fourth-and-7 at the 36. “He banged the previous one (a 52-yarder) pretty good,” Tomlin said. “We decided to give him a shot.”

• Titans linebacker Tim Shaw spotted a weakness in the Steelers’ punt protection unit, then took advantage of it to block a Drew Butler punt and create a touchdown. Shaw also blocked a punt against the Steelers last season. This time, Mundy failed to block Shaw as he charged up the middle. “I was ready for the snap, went as hard as I could, and they messed up and didn’t block,” Shaw said. “We had practiced that all week and had seen it on tape.”

• The Steelers have been 2-3 only five times since 1990, most recently when they started 2-6 in 2006, a season after winning the Super Bowl. They also were 2-3 in 2003, ’02, ’00 and 1999; the only time they made the playoffs was 2002.

• Cornerback Keenan Lewis was upset about dropping an interception during Tennessee’s tying touchdown drive in the fourth quarter. “Obviously he needs to make those,” receiver Mike Wallace said. “It was at a crucial time … but that didn’t make us lose,” linebacker Larry Foote said.

• Tennessee might not have converted on that decisive final drive had tight end Jared Cook not gotten free on a 25-yard catch to the Steelers’25 on third-and-5. Cook ran down the line of scrimmage undefended following the snap. Foote called it a mental breakdown that can’t happen, while Titans coach Mike Munchak said his offense took advantage of a heavy blitz. “They blitz a lot, and when I say blitz, they are bringing in their linebackers, and sometimes you get some favorable coverage,” Munchak said. “Obviously that was a turning point to win a game.”

• The last time the Steelers lost their first three road games was 2006, when they dropped their first four and ended 2-6 on the road.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz297uI0GZt
Old 10-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,458 Times in 652 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall critical of Pittsburgh fans in Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post

Steelers fans filled about one-third of LP Field in Tennessee, but that didn’t prevent running back Rashard Mendenhall from posting a Twitter message Friday complaining about fair-weather fans.

“Seriously, if you’re going to talk trash about your team and everyone on it, don’t call yourself a fan,” he tweeted. “A fan is a supporter ...”

A fan is a supporter?

Oh, OK.

Way to go Steelers!
I totally support your lack of effort in allowing a dogshit team to drive 80 yards to score a tying touchdown!

I was also excited to watch our team struggle to gain just three or four yards to allow our kicker to be within range for a possible winning kick!

And I'm with ya' all the way in allowing the same dogshit team who walked all over our glorious defensive unit just three minutes earlier to once again drive down the field with no apparent opposition whatsoever to score what became the winning field goal!

Way to go guys!
I'm so proud to be a "supporter"!

Is that better Rashard?
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FanSince72 For This Useful Post:
SC7 (10-14-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

As usual Mendehal figures out how to put together a well thought out sentence without using pictures. Impressive Rashard! Your going to go the same path Santonio went, hopefully sooner.

When fans travel like the Steelers do, and that doesn't mean they live around the corner from the home teams stadium in another State, these people spend thousands going to games. The FANS SHOW UP EVERY SINGLE GAME. Does Mendenhal? Does Ike Taylor? Seems to me that Brown took the night off? Wallace Im still trying to figure out what he is doing on bubble screens.

Perhaps the FANS want to see ACCOUNTABILITY? DEDICATION? 110% everyplay?

I see Ben and Harrison giving it all. I think FOOTE has given his all, TImmons, Clark, Keisel(although decling) I thought he had a good game. The rest are either blending it in, or coasting through a game leaning on others.
It is sickening how Tomlin can allow, yes "allow" the great Ike Taylor to single handedly kill this defense.. He doesnt try, he doesnt run hard, and certainly can not compete with 3rd and 4th string WR's, as they all beat him into to the ground.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

I don't know what the Hell Mendy is even talking about. I was at the game last night and I bought a plane ticket, hotel room, rental car, game ticket, overpriced beer and food + 2 days of my time travelling to watch that bull shit effort. I didn't boo or complain, nor did I see or hear any other Steeler fans doing it. I saw lots of terrible towels waving and cheering. Getting pretty sick of Mendy to be honest. He's still our best option at RB, so we should use him to the wheels fall off and in a year or 2 let him go for some youth.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #5
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,518 Times in 5,170 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Mendy should not be allowed to use twitter anymore...

Rashard Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 12, 2012

Pittsburgh running back Rashard Mendenhall wasn’t happy with the way some Steelers fans reacted to Thursday night’s loss to the Titans.

Mendenhall took to Twitter after the game and said that fans who are critical of their team shouldn’t be able to call themselves fans, because fans are supposed to be supportive. Mendenhall didn’t specify what he was reacting to, but he apparently wasn’t pleased that some fans had ripped him on Twitter after gaining just six yards on six carries before leaving the game with an Achilles injury.

Rashard Mendenhall

@R_Mendenhall
Seriously, if you're gonna talk trash about your team and everyone on it, don't call yourself a fan. A fan is a supporter...
11 Oct 12

The good news is that Mendenhall’s injury isn’t expected to be serious. The bad news is that Mendenhall isn’t going to ingratiate himself to fans by telling them they have to be supportive. The Steelers have great fans, thousands of whom made the trip to Tennessee on Thursday night to see their team. And when fans travel to see their team and the team doesn’t play well, complaining about it afterward is just what fans do.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...be-supportive/

Last edited by Hawaii 5-0; 10-13-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
DoctorCAD
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10385

Tough crap, you soft poor excuse for a running back.
DoctorCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
steelbad@50
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14816

Personally I think Mendenhall doesnt want to be play football for the Steelers organization, he may feel we are asking to much of him as a fan to play up to his potential, whatever the hell that might be.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #8
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I feel sorry for the 30,000 Steelers fans that paid money to travel to Nashville to watch that national embarassment.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts

You know, tweets like this should be avoided just like his tweet about "Terrorism" which he quickly tried to take back. I would have one thing to say to Rashard, please consider the fans you are critical of, consider the game tickets they purchased, the money they paid to travel, the hotel rooms they paid for, the jersey's they paid for and wore to the game. The Terrible towels they were waving (which they paid for) and the beer they were drinking, so here is how I would break it down:

Airfare: $500 (At Least)
Jersey: $200 (On a Good Day or E-Bay)
Terrible Towel: $20
Hotel Room: $100 (Depending on Availability)
Food: $100 (Depending on their length of stay)
Beer: $8 (per beer)
Game Tickets: $100 (For Nose Bleed)

Now if my math and college education serves me well, that is I hope it does, that is at least $1000 for the "well traveled" fan that he chooses to knock, I can guarantee he makes at least triple to five times as much as that in the check that he gets every week. Instead of knocking the Steeler fans who traveled to the game, maybe he needs to thank them for their support, if not shut your mouth and produce, especially from a guy who only has played five quarters in a five game season thus far. I would appreciate it if he just would have said "Thank You and Have a Nice Day' but instead he didn't, really nice Rashard, maybe he needs to get paid and live like the fans who traveled and supported the Steelers! Especially in today's economy, maybe the person he should have been critical of would have been himself and his teammates!!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goldsteel86 For This Useful Post:
JohninKentucky (10-13-2012), steelbad@50 (10-13-2012)
Old 10-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

I hope they boo him the next time the Steelers play at home if the offense is announced.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote