Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #21
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321
Default Re: Tomlin's stock dropping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
He is a moderator, actually.
Yeah, I was being sarcastic. This isn't my first message board, and certainly not the first time I've seen the moderator bully pulpit in action.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog78 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #22
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,436 Times in 2,736 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Well, after the 2nd quarter was done, I can't really say I was disappointed with the outcome of the game because I've already seen in coming. I've never seen the Steelers play that flat and ever win, regardless of the opponent.

With that said, we just have to face the music, this isn't a championship team this year. The team started off the season with way too many injuries and is even more banged up this year. We can't help that situation, but take any team without key starters and they aren't the same.

Wallace is not worth the money. He's good for a home run threat and that's about all. If he's willing to play for 9 mil or less, then maybe. Fitz money? hell no, he's gonna be on the unemployment line if he asks any other team for that much money as well. He's a good receiver but he's definitely not in the elite class with fitz and megatron. his give up attitude more makes him a potential cancer on the team, and I'm not sure if I want to pay anyone with an attitude like that. what kind of message will that send to the team, you can be a quitter and still be paid? I don't think that's how the steelers organization works and I have a feeling he will walk.

Something needs to be done about troy and harrison. I loved these guys throughout their career but with all their constant injuries, it is risky business to pay these guys the amount of money they're getting when they're almost guarnateed to be injured half of the season or more. If anything, we need to draft a replacement for troy, mundy and will allen are what they are, backups. I see no starter potential in either.

Regardless of the injuries, I don't see a sense of urgency in this team at all, even dating back to last week. A good team generally rebounds strong after a tough loss, and I didn't see that in the Eagles game. Sure, we won, but we left a lot of plays on the field, and could have / should have played a lot better. The blame is on Tomlin for not keeping these guys in check. All this talk about the Titans being desperate at 1-4, well the steelers being considered a championship contender should also be desperate at 2-2. Sense of urgency? It looks like they're going through the motions. Is it time for him to unleash hell? lol. Tomlin is accountable for getting the team ready to play, and he has failed on that miserably this year.

It is what it is, we don't have a very good football team right now, and I have a feeeeeeling Pittsburgh's NOT going to the super bowl. All I'm saying is if anyone's still expecting playoffs this year, don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #23
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

I started being disappointed with Tomlin shortly after I realized how bad Arians was. Arians --about half way through the first season; Tomling about 4 games later. Tomlin hasn't changed my mind yet. He's a poser.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminpa For This Useful Post:
Millers the sh!t (10-12-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #24
Steeldude
Living Legend

Is Tomlin another Barry Switzer? I know that question will anger the rah-rah fans
Old 10-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #25
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
Is Tomlin another Barry Switzer? I know that question will anger the rah-rah fans
I don't think so. I think the teams problem is Dick Lebeau.

He can't call a good defensive game without Troy Polamalu to bail him out.

It's been showing for years and now it is more obvious than the sun rising everyday.

Unfortunately Lebeau is an icon in this city and it will take the National Guard to get him out of there.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #26
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
I don't think so. I think the teams problem is Dick Lebeau.

He can't call a good defensive game without Troy Polamalu to bail him out.

It's been showing for years and now it is more obvious than the sun rising everyday.

Unfortunately Lebeau is an icon in this city and it will take the National Guard to get him out of there.
True, but that's on Tomlin too. I don't expect him to tell LeBeau to resign at the end of the year, on top of that he may not even have the power to do so, but he can at least tell him that the game plan isn't working. We don't make ANY in-game adjustments on the defensive side of the ball and we play the same cushion defense against nearly every team. Tomlin has to tell him to cut that s*** out. He also needs to tell him to play Cam Heyward, let's see what he can do since Keisel and Hood can't get it done.

This problem goes back to 2010 when the league changed. 2010 is when the defensive WR rules got blown out of proportion, which changed the way our defense played. It's not so much that Troy was bailing him out then, it's that his style of defense in not meant for this new era. Smacking the snot out of WR's in the middle, hitting QB's square on and getting in there head, and playing the run game is what LeBeau's defense is all about and now all of those things have been nullified by the new rules and the offensive changes that have followed. Troy may have made a lot of plays in 2010 but the Pats, Saints, and Packers showed that the style we were playing was becoming outdated fast. LeBeau is an excellent DC and fielded the best 3-4 defense ever to play the game, that is why I'm surprised he hasn't been able to adapt. The more I see though, even if the perfect scheme was played, I don't see us being able to stop the pass. This group of players were drafted and built around that scheme and are getting pretty old on top of that. We need some big changes.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #27
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
and you are Ox Thoughtless?

nice to meet you mr. thoughtless. quit watching "first take". it pollutes the mind and will turn you into a contrarian.
I have not been on here in a while..... I think all these new guys are Raven Trolls bro......
Old 10-13-2012, 12:51 AM   #28
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,963 Times in 4,646 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post
I have not been on here in a while..... I think all these new guys are Raven Trolls bro......

Ox1947 is a good poster, he and tony are just having a disagreement but that doesn't make Ox a Ravens troll at all.

not to mention that Ox is not a new poster, he has more than twice as many posts as you do...
Old 10-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #29
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,077 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdandlong View Post
I felt Tomlin's bad coaching had been bailed out by our talent over and over. The man makes too many mistakes during a game and his players don't seem to correct problems that look soluble. Not a huge fan of Tomlin
This.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:35 AM   #30
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,617 Times in 8,595 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Ox1947 is a good poster, he and tony are just having a disagreement but that doesn't make Ox a Ravens troll at all.

not to mention that Ox is not a new poster, he has more than twice as many posts as you do...
I can't vouch for OX, but I'm pretty certain that Tony is a Ravens fan.

In fact, I've heard Tony tell tales of riding in a limo, during SuperBowl week, about twelve years ago... allegedly.

His 30,000 posts is merely to throw us off if his scent.

teegre is offline   Reply With Quote