Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #21
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: What we've learned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
the giants started off 6-2, and after that, the only losses (other than the redskins) they had were against playoff contenders (SF, packers, eagles, saints).

on the other hand, we're losing to the bottom feeders. Sorry man, as much as I like to be optimistic on the Steelers season, we aren't going anywhere this year. I can understand if we lost to contenders on the road, but those were the worst of the worst. and we lost to them, so what does that make us? lol.
they also went on a 4 game losing streak and ended the season 9-7. they lost to a seahawk team that was playing like shit, plus a horrible eagle and redskin team. im not saying were the same as the 2011 giants just that people shouldnt throw in the towel with 11 games remaining. maybe we will only win 5 games this season or maybe we will win the super bowl, who knows? but its to early to toss the towel in
Old 10-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #22
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432

I can't speak for everyone and say "we", what I learned was the fact that the injuries can and will destroy momentum and can definitely change the attitude of the game. The biggest focus would be on execution, doing your respective job or assignment and "Staying in Your Lane", the game plan is definitely there, it worked against a pretty good Eagles team, it should have worked against a pretty poor (statistically speaking) Titans team. However, games like Thursday's games are what I call "trap games", short week of preparation, coming off of an emotional and physical game four days before, these are all factors. Oh and by the way, this is football, players are expected to play with pain, or even hurt by the true sense of the word, Tomlin and LeBeau need to quit coddling to injuries, if not then "game checks" would reflect. To sum it up, injuries left their mark, short week didn't assist and then to boot three of your first five games have been on the road, not to mention a "Bye" week in week four. Not trying to make excuses but looking ahead to another long break and time off ,as well as opening Divisional play set this game up to be a "Trap Game" and that is what it was. Remember when it comes to NFL football these are all pros, they get paid for what they do and each man does the exact same thing, they all put their pants on "One leg at a time", just like the expression "Any Given Sunday" but in this case "Any Given Thursday"!!!!
Goldsteel86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #23
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
the giants started off 6-2, and after that, the only losses (other than the redskins) they had were against playoff contenders (SF, packers, eagles, saints).

on the other hand, we're losing to the bottom feeders. Sorry man, as much as I like to be optimistic on the Steelers season, we aren't going anywhere this year. I can understand if we lost to contenders on the road, but those were the worst of the worst. and we lost to them, so what does that make us? lol.
This is the absolute truth.

I wouldn't be so down on the Steelers being 2-3 if their losses were to the 49'ers, Patriots or Texans or others that are in the upper echelon of the NFL.

Instead, their 3 losses are to the Broncos (bottom half of league), Raiders (2nd worst team in league) and Titans (3rd worst team in league). The only thing that has kept the Steelers from losing to the worst team in the league so far is because the Browns are still in the NFL.

And we haven't even played them yet
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #24
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

wait till we get beat by the Browns, then the real fun will start
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #25
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
wait till we get beat by the Browns, then the real fun will start
Not to be too sarcastic but the Browns have two things that the Steelers don't have the first being a running game and the second being the Steelers can't stop the run, I really hope you were displaying sarcasm but honestly after having to see the Clowns play last week instead of the Steelers, () Trent Richardson is for real, Weeden, with more games he plays might become a formidable threat and also, the Giants did not get one sack against the Clowns.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #26
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I was dead serious

I can easily see at least one loss to the Browns - probably that night we're wearing the throwbacks

Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #27
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I was dead serious

I can easily see at least one loss to the Browns - probably that night we're wearing the throwbacks

You know when I see those uniforms I think of a urinal at a carnival or fair, yellow p**s stains with mold growing, good night I hope they don't smell like that!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #28
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,012 Times in 2,569 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
1995: 3-4... made SuperBowl

2005: 3-2, and eventually 7-5 & needing to win last four games... won SuperBowl

I'm with you.
in 1995 we didn't lose to oakland (we actually beat them at their house). losing rod woodson was a huge blow in game 1 but we did have carnell lake to take his place. we have no such kind of player to replace troy or harrison. Also in that 3-4 start somewhere I believe Neil got banged up and mike tomczak had to start.

in 2005 maddox had to sub in the baltimore game, which resulted in a loss that we probably would have won with ben (lost in OT), the next game back we had to play the #1 seed Indy at home, and ben was rushed back into the lineup before he was ready. result = lopsided loss. Other than the jaguars, every team we lost to this season was a playoff team.

this year is much different. teams we are losing to are in the bottom 10. Unlike some losses we dropped in those above years, our starting QB is healthy. More power to you if you are optimistic but I'm willing to bet anyone money that we will not be going to the super bowl this year. I would like to be wrong but I'm just facing reality

Last edited by Fire Arians; 10-13-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #29
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,095 Times in 2,809 Posts

Quote:
in 1995 we didn't lose to oakland (we actually beat them at their house). losing rod woodson was a huge blow in game 1 but we did have carnell lake to take his place. we have no such kind of player to replace troy or harrison. Also in that 3-4 start somewhere I believe Neil got banged up and mike tomczak had to start.

this year is much different. teams we are losing to are in the bottom 10. More power to you if you are optimistic but I'm willing to bet anyone money that we will not be going to the super bowl this year. I would like to be wrong but I'm just facing reality
First part of 1995 season was a train wreck - Woodson tore his ACL and O'Donnell was hurt in the season opener. After losing to bad teams including the first year Jax Jags (4-12) and Bengals (7-9) in week 7, Cowher opened up the offense as Gailey started getting involved in the playcalling, even though Erhardt was still OC, and Slash Stewart appeared .

I agree I do not see any such turnaround this season - I really expected a breakout year on offense but this team is lucky to score 24 points a game, which will not cut it with a defense in rapid decline
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #30
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

I think you guys are in for a few very miserable seasons. I think your problems are just beginning and I think you're stuck with them for awhile because I think that problem is Tomlin who I very much doubt the Rooney family is going to get rid of until you crash at rock bottom and will then be faced with a need for a total rebuild. The Steelers Head Coach position has never been a revolving door. On top of that your ownership gave the league The Rooney Rule. I think Tomlin is there to stay.

The sun is about to set on Steelers nation.

In watching the game against the Titans, what I saw is the poorly managed corpse of a Bill Cowher football team. You're old and over paid.

This is the same Tomlin who failed to beat Tim Tebow in the play offs. Injured Steeler team or not, the Patriots destroyed Denver so decisively the next game I can't help but think even an injury-weakened Steeler team should have gotten a comfortable W against them.

Not rubbing salt in your wounds or anything. Just saying what I saw.

I think Tomlin is running your team into the dirt. I would be very concerned, not just for this year, but for what Tomlin might do to your football team for the remainder of the decade.

I really hope you guys can somehow get at least one win against the Ravens.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote